Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 590611 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1942 (Design Phase)
« Reply #5070 on: September 05, 2017, 05:56:56 pm »

We already have a WW2 tank. Hell, both are (Even if one is leaning heavily on being early way equipment). That being said, matador doesn't mesh with our existing tank names. And I already did a proposal for a tank, should be just a page or three back.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: September 05, 2017, 06:07:20 pm »

I'd be find with something else this turn, but I'd like to point out that Britain had pretty good luck picking up U-boat periscopes with magnitron radar (think they had to be close though). I'm sure we could pick up tanks in the jungle with it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: September 05, 2017, 06:08:09 pm »

Thunderbird and Lightning Streak hardly matched the previous plane names either -- they are more coherent together but we did end up dropping the ball on plane names for a while there lol.

I personally really like the idea of bringing back Blood Eagle, for the two reasons that it is overall an improvement to pretty much all of our armor and that instead of just matching big tank with big tank it provides an entirely different direction of innovation.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: September 05, 2017, 06:11:03 pm »

Blood eagle!
UF-ERA-42 "Blood Eagle"!
Its time.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: September 05, 2017, 06:12:06 pm »

Well, the thunderbird and streak are entirely different classes of aircraft compared to our prop fighters, so they get a pass on that. Blood eagle would likely require us to revise our tanks to hold it though.

And Olith, finding a periscope in the water is a lot easier than finding a tank in a jungle; there's a lot more between you and the tank in the jungle than there is with the periscope.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: September 05, 2017, 06:32:07 pm »

Yeah, until we get usable radar or sonar we really cant make a useful sub.  As much as I really want a sub.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: September 05, 2017, 06:38:47 pm »

Well, the thunderbird and streak are entirely different classes of aircraft compared to our prop fighters, so they get a pass on that. Blood eagle would likely require us to revise our tanks to hold it though.
Isn't this what design doctrines are for? And isn't ERA something that you can just put on? I'm not sure why it would need any revisions.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: September 05, 2017, 07:00:45 pm »

PM is right, we'd design it as self-contained modules like the ERA on "modernized" Soviet tanks.

But I'm still voting radar. The Cannalans think they have an armor advantage, we might as well surprise them when it counts. As in, surprise them when we're making their jet fighters more expensive.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: September 05, 2017, 07:59:48 pm »

It counts now -- the turn shows that their armor advantage is making things pretty difficult for us, including in landings. I wouldn't count our eggs before they hatch in regards to the tundra, either; that sort of thing usually backfires on us.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: September 05, 2017, 08:19:00 pm »

I'm saying that this turn we ought to just get ourselves a nice radar, and next turn we deploy simultaneous armor-advantage nullifier and a landing craft, hopefully allowing us to take a spot of Tundra and invalidate their entire air force for a few turns.

Otherwise they try and counter our new tanks.

Or not, because their Cannala, but assuming they've grown a second neuron and put together a single synapse to share should keep us sharp.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: September 05, 2017, 09:58:12 pm »

Okay, here's a plan. We get blood eagle up and running, and then get the supernova using a revision. After that, we make a tank and a lander, and then after that, get a radar. Now, this plan is subject to change if the cannalians actually do something worthwhile for once instead of getting a gimmick design or a 1 or something like that, but that's just that. Anyway, I think we should start voting soon.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: September 05, 2017, 10:11:56 pm »

I've got a fundamentally better plan: Do ERA OR a new tank, not both. If ERA is as good as you claim, then we won't NEED both.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: September 05, 2017, 10:17:48 pm »

I just want to do ERA, and the reason that I want it is because I want them OFF the mainland. I don't know if radar is gonna do that for us

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: September 05, 2017, 10:20:19 pm »

Less naval support means they don't get as many reinforcements, and also, we'll get them off just like we did in the OTHER jungle, especially with a counter to their nightvision.

Oh, and the ability to see planes and ships and crap better can only help us in every theater.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: September 05, 2017, 11:01:42 pm »

I'd support radar if we did the Starshell as a revision. SAVE ERCHING D:<
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 500