Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 239380 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #435 on: November 04, 2017, 10:25:50 pm »

That's perfect :D A friend told me Ases and Zefer are main character material. I just can't wait to see them grow up, get married and have a lot of killer babies of their own
Also, a look into Dwarf Therapist told me Zefer is the most physically strong person of the whole fort. Almost 4K strengh (!) while the normal human is 1K. Looks like he hasnt skipped legday

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 04, 2017, 10:27:09 pm »

IDK why I got all the hate for simply suggesting that our civs Ethic TOURTURE_FOR_FUN should be set to ; APPALING.

I mean I never said not to defend ourselves, I never said not to interrogate them I never even said not to torture them I simply recommended that we not go further than we need to. And I mean, going by DF world generation lore goblins dont willingly throw in their lot with anyone, they always get conquered, independent goblin civs lead entirely by goblins do not exist.  :-\

I mean I would even be fine with us disposing of these prisoners to save space if , It is wartime after all, I would simply object to them being impaled and left to die for days is all.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #437 on: November 04, 2017, 10:30:46 pm »

Aw, man, you didn't got any hate, we're fine, you're fine, everyone's fine ^^ Welcome aboard
We don't torture people for fun, it's prevented by our ethics anyway. I believe it's a crime for humans.

It's just...very hard to feel any kind of compassion for gobbos when they cut two legs and a hand of your favourite kid half a year ago :(

Altho, it is true that we sometimes execute prisonners, that's a tradition - when we feel someone died a hero, we sometimes sacrifice some prisonners to his memory. Some kind of a blöt let's say.

As for good gobbos, they do exist, hell we have one in our fort. Far up the north, there's a whole population of them, integrated in a dwarven community.

Now the thing is, we have no idea what to do with our prisonners. For now we're just stockpiling them.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:39:47 pm by Cathar »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 04, 2017, 10:47:27 pm »

One of two things: Stick them in the barracks for live training, or send them back home without their gear. No use keeping the blighters if they'll just get out on their own and take up arms while inside the fort. At least if they go home, maybe they'll get sent to the northern front instead of back to our doorstep. If they get used for live training, without gear, they won't last long but they'll be extra kills for our training squads. Live fire training is faster for crossbows.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #439 on: November 04, 2017, 10:51:28 pm »

Hum... I think we'll keep some for possible sacrifices to the gods. But yeah... The idea to release at least some of them naked and let their commanders deal with them, I do prefer. Maybe we can actually judge them individually, and see what to do with them case by case.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 04, 2017, 10:57:04 pm »

Ha! And if they do come back to us armed and pissed, all the better. We get more goblinite. Might even make a habit of it.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 05, 2017, 12:19:37 am »

Aw, man, you didn't got any hate, we're fine, you're fine, everyone's fine ^^ Welcome aboard
We don't torture people for fun, it's prevented by our ethics anyway. I believe it's a crime for humans.

It's just...very hard to feel any kind of compassion for gobbos when they cut two legs and a hand of your favourite kid half a year ago :(

Altho, it is true that we sometimes execute prisonners, that's a tradition - when we feel someone died a hero, we sometimes sacrifice some prisonners to his memory. Some kind of a blöt let's say.

As for good gobbos, they do exist, hell we have one in our fort. Far up the north, there's a whole population of them, integrated in a dwarven community.

Now the thing is, we have no idea what to do with our prisonners. For now we're just stockpiling them.

I just want to point out that I never said non hostile goblins did not exist, I mentioned that Independant [as in led by goblins, for goblins, made up at least primarily of goblins] dont exist, or at least not without some weird event happening like say dwarves kidnapp some but then most dwarves get killed and the gobos out breed the remaining dwarfs making a ''dwarven'' civilization of goblins.

I mean I hate seeing children get cut down as well, but when I combine that with the knowlege that goblin armsz are probably made out of mostly unwilling concripts and slaves and that their civs are mostly lead by extremley powerful demons, I end up feeling bad for both.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 05, 2017, 04:49:55 am »

If that's our planet, let me say that our planet looks like chemical wasteland with blotches of cream on it :P

Also yay, the scribe has eventful life too.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #443 on: November 05, 2017, 04:55:56 am »

;A; I need to improve my photoshop magic pls don't be mean
Maybe the flat map is better?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 05, 2017, 04:57:42 am »

No I mean the photoshop is fine, but in backdrop of SPEEEHS it looks dark-green-blueish to me. Probably cuz the map uses topography for brightness :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 05, 2017, 08:49:38 am »

The globe was fine. That was awesome to look at.

When I was learning to mod humans to be playable, I learned that the SITE nobles are the ones who keep Demons from taking things over so often. The Goblins don't have any nobles in their raws at all, they honestly seem built to be conquered by demons, who probably have the nobility hard coded into them instead. Hell, without modding humans with site nobles, even they are often overrun and taken over by demons.

I've been meaning to make a full blown rebalance mod, I just got caught up in the fact that a new release is on the horizon. I was working on humans at the time I last did anything. Wanted to add wizards to them to make things more fair against the goblins I was going to upgrade with various castes that made fighting them more nightmarish. Part of those goblin upgrades was going to be site nobles to give them a fighting chance to be exactly that. Of Goblins, For Goblins, By Goblins.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 05, 2017, 08:36:31 pm »

. . . Wow.

Also, I support finding something to do with prisoners, and I'm intrigued by the idea that you could judge them individually.  If they will just run off the map when released, that would be a fine way to deal with those who did little harm.  (It's not like the enemy army will run out of conscripts anytime soon, regardless of whether released prisoners are coded to be able to return.)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 05, 2017, 08:56:20 pm »

The globe was fine. That was awesome to look at.

When I was learning to mod humans to be playable, I learned that the SITE nobles are the ones who keep Demons from taking things over so often. The Goblins don't have any nobles in their raws at all, they honestly seem built to be conquered by demons, who probably have the nobility hard coded into them instead. Hell, without modding humans with site nobles, even they are often overrun and taken over by demons.

I've been meaning to make a full blown rebalance mod, I just got caught up in the fact that a new release is on the horizon. I was working on humans at the time I last did anything. Wanted to add wizards to them to make things more fair against the goblins I was going to upgrade with various castes that made fighting them more nightmarish. Part of those goblin upgrades was going to be site nobles to give them a fighting chance to be exactly that. Of Goblins, For Goblins, By Goblins.

Truly a neat idea, I wish you luck with it.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 06, 2017, 07:50:17 pm »

That's perfect :D A friend told me Ases and Zefer are main character material. I just can't wait to see them grow up, get married and have a lot of killer babies of their own
Also, a look into Dwarf Therapist told me Zefer is the most physically strong person of the whole fort. Almost 4K strengh (!) while the normal human is 1K. Looks like he hasnt skipped legday
Are you telling me that I can suplex giant monsters, get smashed through Windows, etc etc because I never skipped out on muscle milk?
I'm surprised that my muscles haven't gained muscles for real though...4k strength is hella amazing for a young man like Zefer.))

Diary of Zefer Scribefondled,
For the first time since I can remember, I felt the rush of a battle that actually meant something in my life. A troll had made it's way to the village, striking a mighty blow on our armory. Both Zothbatho and myself were called to quench the trolls fire before he razed the whole village. The bleeding thing did a bit of a hurting to me, hitting me hard enough to Send me through a pane of glass, when I was younger it seemed that It was hurt a lot more, the impact and subsequent shards of glass did no such thing as...pain. I didn't feel the burn of blood pouring down my body. It was strange how a change in perspective could harden me to the point where I wasn't even phased with the breaking of a window and the slap of a troll...or I am overthinking and the armour is actually doing it's job.
**There is a picture of a young man with crimson hair flying through a glass window.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 07, 2017, 08:57:47 am »

Hum... I think we'll keep some for possible sacrifices to the gods. But yeah... The idea to release at least some of them naked and let their commanders deal with them, I do prefer. Maybe we can actually judge them individually, and see what to do with them case by case.

Any gobbo taken alive is to be stripped of all armor, given a hat, and thrown forcefully out of the Back Door.

Any gobbo storming the Front Door wearing naught but a hat has been given his/her chance at redemption, and now faces summary execution.

Simply naked gobbos might simply indicate a logistics issue on their front, but I think if we give them a hat they'll take it and keep it right?

Live training is particularly cruel and unusual and should be reserved for enemy leaders / anyone that kills one of our people.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 111