Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 359788 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2640 on: June 11, 2020, 05:05:45 pm »

"We should be able to get more detailed information from here with some spells. If it's between using some of our resources and risking drawing attention, I'd prefer using the resource, at least for now."

Time for magical surveillance.

(Spells were rolled on discord. All succeed, total 22 mana spent, already recorded.)

Cast a spell using Glass Human to very briefly enchant the glass lenses in my binoculars to visually highlight humans through obstacles at the required range.

Afterwards, cast a similar spell using Glass Volatile Explosion, scanning for combustible fuel or other weaknesses.

And again, using Glass Lightning Grand Lodestone, scanning for electrical systems and generators.

And two more at once: Human Bird to give my eyes the increased resolution of an eagle, combined with Glass Diminish(reversed) on the binoculars to increase the "effective" size of the lenses.
With this pair of enchantments, make the following observations:

Check the fortress for surface features, like weapons, portholes, legs or wheels.
Examine the smaller machines surrounding it. Are they all the same, or varied? Do they seem more like soldiers or workers?
Observe the ground in front of the fortress and in its wake. What effect does its passing have on the terrain? Does it seem to be actively harvesting materials?

Regardless, record what I see on paper as accurately as possible, including both the fine detail and highlighting spells.

Also, ask Alek and Samson what Materials and mana they have, if they don't mind sharing.
Also, how does Fire in the Eyes work on a physical and/or metaphysical level? Like, is it actually injecting Fire into my eyes, or does it work differently?

If time permits, idly paint the landscape.

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:40:22 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: June 12, 2020, 01:09:45 am »

If I can do that grow spell +20 mana for a duration via an item (A ring of some kind), do it.  If I can do it with a mana charge and an illusion (of more normal muscles) do it.  If neither of those are possible, take the risk retroactively.

After that, and meeting up with Ekrov, make a close examination of the Rejuvination chamber, including partial disassembly (ie, removing the covers), check for words in it, and test out the bioshaper gloves on Benedict some.  What can it do?  Change size? shape? composition? cosmetic changes? etcetera.  If it seems safe, see if I can make any improvements on his familiar body, say to improve his base statline by rebuilding his body more efficiently.

Spoiler: Saeko (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:11:55 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: June 12, 2020, 12:46:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look for an entrance that leads underground and if one is found, go through it

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: June 12, 2020, 03:37:34 pm »

What are the stats/mechanics for the completed suit of power armor?  To review:
--The basic exoskeleton is built from a Gravid combat robot that had its internal mechanics moved to the exterior of its shell, and should be about equally as powerful as any other robot of that type.  I really only wanted the mechanical parts here, but never specified to throw anything away, so it's probably no lighter than the other robots.  It is powered by a mainspring.  The brain is disconnected from everything, but probably not removed, unless it's very large indeed.
--The suit has an enchantment to follow the movements of the wearer, using the robot's strength to move it.  The enchantment is costless because it was grandfathered in.  :)
--I've layered two sets of plating on top of the exoskeleton.  The first layer of plating is made from the thin magic-resistant silver armor that we found in Gravid, and has full coverage aside from the joints.  The top layer is mundane steel, and is presumably also full coverage aside from the joints.

Go find a small rock, and use the Universal Solvent's power to switch the rock's solidity with a section of the air that's twice its size.  Do not breathe the rock, but grab the solid piece of air.  How long will the air remain solid?  And how long will the US's cooldown take?

Request a new list of materials for the next sculpture.

Aaand assist Saeko with the stuff she wants.  In addition to that, use Human to restore her teeth and digestive tract to normal human versions.  Permanent enchant, because only being able to eat raw meat is a bit crippling and unlikely to ever be a good option.

Spoiler: creepy oracle kid (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2644 on: June 15, 2020, 02:09:03 pm »

Well, treating that kind of thing just so happens to be what I actively practiced before all of this, and considered my primary profession for the longest time. So I'll do what I can for them and note down anyone that I want to check up on the next time I cycle around. Then once I'm comfortable with leaving things as they are I'll be moving on.
Most of these cannot be treated with traditional medicine. Do you want to use spells to restore function to lost or damaged limbs for instance? Use the Aqua Vitae?  Just do your best with mundane actions?

Nobody seems to be in urgent need of rescue or help here, so let's just move on.

The boat travels another quarter of a mile or so before suddenly jerking to a stop and throwing you both off your feet. You push yourself up onto your hands and knees and look towards the stern  just as an enormous black pincer  reaches over the railing and sweeps across the deck like a scythe. You're far enough back not to be hit this time, but it scours the deck clean in an instant  before the entire ship rocks forwards. You can't see what the claw is connected to, but whatever it is its clinging the front of the ship  and climbing up.

Look for an entrance that leads underground and if one is found, go through it
[7v1]
You discover a passage in one of the nearby wrecked buildings, under some rubble.  You light a torch and head in. Almost immediately you come across signs of others having been here recently. They don't seem to have gotten in the same way you did, but they came this way. There are chalk "X"s on passage entrances and after following these for a while through pitch dark subterranean passages you find several items spilled out on the ground: A lantern, some food, a few feet of rope, and several scraps of fabric. There is a bit of blood as well.

If I can do that grow spell +20 mana for a duration via an item (A ring of some kind), do it.  If I can do it with a mana charge and an illusion (of more normal muscles) do it.  If neither of those are possible, take the risk retroactively.

After that, and meeting up with Ekrov, make a close examination of the Rejuvination chamber, including partial disassembly (ie, removing the covers), check for words in it, and test out the bioshaper gloves on Benedict some.  What can it do?  Change size? shape? composition? cosmetic changes? etcetera.  If it seems safe, see if I can make any improvements on his familiar body, say to improve his base statline by rebuilding his body more efficiently.

We can do it via a ring you wear. - 8+20 mana so -28 mana. This makes you about 6 feet tall and more proportional.

The chamber is basically something like a tanning bed but when supplied with mana it heals whatever is in it. Runs off words of "Restore" and "Human" by the look of it.  Bioshaper is basically a pair of gloves attached to a central pack that, when mana is pumped in, lets you mold flesh like clay. You can switch out crystals in ports on the main box to do things like add feathers or fur. Works on any animal and is as safe as your roll to modify them. Mana used depends on size of the changes.

What are the stats/mechanics for the completed suit of power armor?  To review:
--The basic exoskeleton is built from a Gravid combat robot that had its internal mechanics moved to the exterior of its shell, and should be about equally as powerful as any other robot of that type.  I really only wanted the mechanical parts here, but never specified to throw anything away, so it's probably no lighter than the other robots.  It is powered by a mainspring.  The brain is disconnected from everything, but probably not removed, unless it's very large indeed.
--The suit has an enchantment to follow the movements of the wearer, using the robot's strength to move it.  The enchantment is costless because it was grandfathered in.  :)
--I've layered two sets of plating on top of the exoskeleton.  The first layer of plating is made from the thin magic-resistant silver armor that we found in Gravid, and has full coverage aside from the joints.  The top layer is mundane steel, and is presumably also full coverage aside from the joints.

Go find a small rock, and use the Universal Solvent's power to switch the rock's solidity with a section of the air that's twice its size.  Do not breathe the rock, but grab the solid piece of air.  How long will the air remain solid?  And how long will the US's cooldown take?

Request a new list of materials for the next sculpture.

Aaand assist Saeko with the stuff she wants.  In addition to that, use Human to restore her teeth and digestive tract to normal human versions.  Permanent enchant, because only being able to eat raw meat is a bit crippling and unlikely to ever be a good option.

d12 strength and End, 4 armor, magic deflection under normal circumstances.

Universal Lubricant ya philistine. 
For the rock/air switch the cooldown is a few minutes. The change appears permanent. You grab the solid air; its an extremely odd thing; it appears to weigh nothing and is invisible, but has a shape and you can't deform it.

Air that has been frozen solid
A miniature of some kind
Chitin from a Black Centipede
A gallon of Black Flux
Water from the Ocean.

[9+4v3] MUTATION.
Saeko's teeth and such are back to normal and she no longer just eats meat. Unfortunately she now must eat gold to survive.

"We should be able to get more detailed information from here with some spells. If it's between using some of our resources and risking drawing attention, I'd prefer using the resource, at least for now."

Time for magical surveillance.

(Spells were rolled on discord. All succeed, total 22 mana spent, already recorded.)

Cast a spell using Glass Human to very briefly enchant the glass lenses in my binoculars to visually highlight humans through obstacles at the required range.

Afterwards, cast a similar spell using Glass Volatile Explosion, scanning for combustible fuel or other weaknesses.

And again, using Glass Lightning Grand Lodestone, scanning for electrical systems and generators.

And two more at once: Human Bird to give my eyes the increased resolution of an eagle, combined with Glass Diminish(reversed) on the binoculars to increase the "effective" size of the lenses.
With this pair of enchantments, make the following observations:

Check the fortress for surface features, like weapons, portholes, legs or wheels.
Examine the smaller machines surrounding it. Are they all the same, or varied? Do they seem more like soldiers or workers?
Observe the ground in front of the fortress and in its wake. What effect does its passing have on the terrain? Does it seem to be actively harvesting materials?

Regardless, record what I see on paper as accurately as possible, including both the fine detail and highlighting spells.

Also, ask Alek and Samson what Materials and mana they have, if they don't mind sharing.
Also, how does Fire in the Eyes work on a physical and/or metaphysical level? Like, is it actually injecting Fire into my eyes, or does it work differently?

1. No humans
2. Some combustables in the form of ammunition, but not much actually
3. Looks like another power system like in that airship; ie deadly pellets that heat water for steam engines, in conjunction with springs and other mechanical power.
4. The fortress rolls on enormous treads by the look of it. Its got a ton of guns and cannons across its surface; practically porcupined with them.  Port holes are thin vertical slits, almost like the archer holes in a castle's wall.
5.Most of what you can make out around the thing are flying bots of various kinds. Most common resembles something like a mosquito or dragon fly, moving about eratically or circling the fortress. There are some on the ground, but they seem mostly to be walking in the path of the fortress, checking to make sure the path is clear.
6. Ok. its all written down and drawn.

Rest will have to wait till next turn.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: June 15, 2020, 02:26:22 pm »

Ask Alek and Samson what Materials and mana they have, if they don't mind sharing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: June 15, 2020, 03:36:39 pm »

Mundane actions all that I can handle that way, but any that can't be handled that way I'll consider using the Aqua Vitae on a case-by-case basis. I don't see any ways to use Sound or Accelerate to heal beyond specific unusual cases so using spells to heal is non-feasible. If there's a lot of people that need help then I need to start questioning why there's so many injured here in the first place.

For the specific case of non-functional limbs I'll go ahead and try to use the Aqua Vitae to do what I can. I'll want to know the details of how this in particular goes so I get a better feel for the artifact's limits.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 03:39:41 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: June 17, 2020, 12:22:25 am »

Lets get recruiting for the base I want to build, as well as gathering the materials necessary, to be shunted into the moth-mobile.

I had the price estimated at a few thousand, but it'd probably be more than that, as I want a few unusual features for a mansion:

1. A large workshop for Ekrov's robots and such.
2. An underground vault, for storing dangerous materials.  We'll be fitting it with a magic lock and other security measures.
3. An oversized bathhouse, for bathing and for washing any giant animals which should happen to be acquired.
4. High ceilings and wide hallways.  Should be able to get a large horse around.

Should still cost much less than our financial resources.

There are other less important features, such as a workroom with jeweller's tools, a small forge and armoury, etc, but nothing else extraordinary.  Some magical things, but those will be done when relevant.

As for recruiting, well, there will need to be a work crew for building the thing.  For permanent servants, I'm estimating maybe a dozen or so people, including maybe another four or so guards.  Most important is to find a steward to run the place and handle the pay when absent.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:31:29 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: June 17, 2020, 12:40:21 am »

((...How convenient!))

Go buy a miniature of a cat.  And see if there's someone selling ocean water for some reason.

When you say that the clockwork power armor has d12 str and 4 armor, what does that mean?  I assume d12 str means it buffs the wearer's strength to d12, but 4 armor...?  Does it grant d12+4 armor, while only needing d12 end?

Can the universal lubricant swap "edibility" between some gold and an apple, to allow Saeko to survive off the apple without actually having to eat the gold?  If so, does this render the gold non-valuable, defeating the purpose since she still loses the value of the gold?

Tests for the UNIVERSAL LUBRICANT! in the spoiler below.

Spoiler: In here! (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: June 17, 2020, 06:33:26 am »

Take the lantern, food and rope, then continue towards where the spirit is. Look around and listen for potential threats

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: June 17, 2020, 08:33:53 am »

Accept the guard job and head to the junkyards

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: June 17, 2020, 10:22:39 am »

Wait until more of the crustecean crests the edge of our ship, then open fire with my rifle. Try to hit it in the eyes or other more squishy parts.

If bullets do nothing and/or it starts getting closer to us, channel 5 mana into the magic longsword and attack it with that instead.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: June 17, 2020, 11:00:37 am »

Retreat a bit to stay out of claw range, but try to stick near/behind Ecalir. Assist with the shooting, also try to target eyes/vulnerable parts.

Should Ecalir be forced to go into melee, then assist him by using the sunbro staff to make the river/shore plants grow so they constrict the creature and hold it in place. Especially try to constrict/hinder its claws or other 'weapons' it may have. If there aren't enough plants around for that, try using the wood of the ship.

If that is also not viable, support him instead by doing an illusion spell using 'Radiation' to make the creature think there are flashing lights in front of it (to try and blind it). It only needs to last for a very short while, just to give Ecalir the chance to close in and do his thing.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2653 on: June 18, 2020, 02:40:35 pm »

Ask Alek and Samson what Materials and mana they have, if they don't mind sharing.

Sampson says she has the following:
Concrete
Slade
Diamond
Force
Strengthen
Grow
Sharpen
Accelerate
Penetrate
Transmute

Alek doesn't say anything, but according do Samson he has
Steel
Crystal
Grand Lodestone
Powerful Toxin
Vital Metal
Insect
Demonic
Reanimate
Bind

As per mana, Samson says she has something like 200 currently and around that "stored". She doesn't know about Alek.

You ask her about the "Fire in the eyes" thing and she pokes your chest with one gauntleted finger.

"Our flesh ain't human remember? That was burnt away. We're divine stuff now; you think god needs a lantern? Fire in the eyes is just what we call it, but its..." She closes her eyes and rocks her head back and forth, thinking, "I dunno. Like turning on that divinity or something? Not quite but its hard to explain."

The moving fortress suddenly grinds to a halt and its hundreds of guns and turrets begin to spin round. They finally stop, pointed towards the kingdom in the west.

"Looks like they're lining up to fire on something" Samson says, tracing an invisible line with her finger from the fortress out towards the horizon in west. "I don't like. We should get back. Report in.  I got a bad feeling there's more like that around here, forming a firing line."

Mundane actions all that I can handle that way, but any that can't be handled that way I'll consider using the Aqua Vitae on a case-by-case basis. I don't see any ways to use Sound or Accelerate to heal beyond specific unusual cases so using spells to heal is non-feasible. If there's a lot of people that need help then I need to start questioning why there's so many injured here in the first place.

For the specific case of non-functional limbs I'll go ahead and try to use the Aqua Vitae to do what I can. I'll want to know the details of how this in particular goes so I get a better feel for the artifact's limits.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
[6v1]
You use the Aqua Vitae to help with the more serious issues and your best medical advice with the rest. Most of these injuries are old, years old, or the result of slow degradation from age or work. Nothing is out there ruining lives other than time itself it seems.

The treatments with the aqua Vitae are not perfect; it can manipulate the water in their tissues but not regenerate the tissues themselves. For malformed bones you can force them into the correct shape. For misshapen flesh you can sculpt it or reconnect poorly healed muscle and ligaments. But its all surgical in a way, cutting through and repositioning things as though with a scalpel but entirely internal. You cannot fix everything: missing limbs are beyond you, and sometimes the damage is so severe all you can do is alleviate it a bit.

((...How convenient!))

Go buy a miniature of a cat.  And see if there's someone selling ocean water for some reason.

When you say that the clockwork power armor has d12 str and 4 armor, what does that mean?  I assume d12 str means it buffs the wearer's strength to d12, but 4 armor...?  Does it grant d12+4 armor, while only needing d12 end?

Can the universal lubricant swap "edibility" between some gold and an apple, to allow Saeko to survive off the apple without actually having to eat the gold?  If so, does this render the gold non-valuable, defeating the purpose since she still loses the value of the gold?

Tests for the UNIVERSAL LUBRICANT! in the spoiler below.

Spoiler: In here! (click to show/hide)

You buy a small stone cat replica for 1 gold.  You can't find anyone selling ocean water though.

What I mean is while you're wearing it, you roll as though you have d12 strength. Because its powered there's no endurance limitations on it for the armor it grants. And it acts like armor with a protective rating of d10 armor.

Unknown. But probably not, at least not easily. What exactly makes it edible and nourishing to her isn't known so you'd have to test. It could be anything from molecular make up to color. Magic doesn't always follow the logic of the mundane world.

4. When you swap a pebble with a larger section of air, the "Solidity" of that air is weaker. Its almost like a dense foam, as though the "Solidity" of the stone has been spread thinly through the entire section of air.
5. It results in the super heavy pebble and super light boulder.
6. The result is a cup filled partially with water, partially with liquid paper (all churning together) and a "piece" of solid water in it. The water is not a 100% perfect representation of the original origami, the shape is right but its a solid thing, like a statue not a piece of paper folded up. The edges are a little vague too, not as crisp as the paper.
7. To switch properties, you have to touch both with the artifact. You can touch something, walk away, and touch something else and it still works. Theoretically there's no limit on this range, but you still have to physically touch both with the artifact.
8. See above.
9. You could do this, but because it must touch, it would consider the mixed water and dye a single object, turning a section of it heavier than the rest. However, if you touched the dye, then mixed it, then turned it heavy, THEN it would fall out alone.

Take the lantern, food and rope, then continue towards where the spirit is. Look around and listen for potential threats
You continue on and quickly come across something. You hear what might be wind chimes or glass clinking and the hall begins to flow with bluish white light as though underwater. The source of both of these things seems to be a an opening up ahead. You move to it slowly and peak through the doorway into a large and open multistory room. You only peak in for a moment, but see what appears to be a squirming olden double helix of jeweled chains and wings made of sunlight. Its so massive as to take up most of the room, probably hundreds of feet long, all coiled chaotically up in this one place.

Accept the guard job and head to the junkyards
You head out with a scavenging group, riding in their currently empty wagon.  You mostly hang around with individuals in the group, occasionally running from one to another when they need help lifting or moving things, or think they might have come across something dangerous. For the first day this is all you do; nothing attacks.  The second day, as the team is just starting to work, you hear a shout and see one of them suddenly get dragged through a newly opened hole in the junkyard surface. You run to  where they went down and are confronted with a yawning manhole sized opening into darkness. The sunlight casts a narrow beam of illumination down below and in it you can see shifting mechanical body parts as something moves away, deeper into the unseen subterranean space.

Wait until more of the crustecean crests the edge of our ship, then open fire with my rifle. Try to hit it in the eyes or other more squishy parts.

If bullets do nothing and/or it starts getting closer to us, channel 5 mana into the magic longsword and attack it with that instead.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
Retreat a bit to stay out of claw range, but try to stick near/behind Ecalir. Assist with the shooting, also try to target eyes/vulnerable parts.

Should Ecalir be forced to go into melee, then assist him by using the sunbro staff to make the river/shore plants grow so they constrict the creature and hold it in place. Especially try to constrict/hinder its claws or other 'weapons' it may have. If there aren't enough plants around for that, try using the wood of the ship.

If that is also not viable, support him instead by doing an illusion spell using 'Radiation' to make the creature think there are flashing lights in front of it (to try and blind it). It only needs to last for a very short while, just to give Ecalir the chance to close in and do his thing.

[8v4][7v8][6v3][3v1]
You both open fire on the thing, firing 3 rounds each. Both of your shots strike home against the thing's great armored bulk, but only Darwin manages to get a shot into one of the thing's eye stalks.  The creature doesn't seem effected by the pain of the hit but it is rendered half blind and its attempt to climb higher up onto the ship falters.  It sweeps its claw across the deck and when it cannot reach either of you, it slams it point down into the deck, smashing a hole through it. Luckily the actual bottom of the boat is unharmed but a couple more strikes like that and the ship will probably crack in half regardless. The captain of the boat is screaming at you to get the crab off his ship.

Lets get recruiting for the base I want to build, as well as gathering the materials necessary, to be shunted into the moth-mobile.

I had the price estimated at a few thousand, but it'd probably be more than that, as I want a few unusual features for a mansion:

1. A large workshop for Ekrov's robots and such.
2. An underground vault, for storing dangerous materials.  We'll be fitting it with a magic lock and other security measures.
3. An oversized bathhouse, for bathing and for washing any giant animals which should happen to be acquired.
4. High ceilings and wide hallways.  Should be able to get a large horse around.

Should still cost much less than our financial resources.

There are other less important features, such as a workroom with jeweller's tools, a small forge and armoury, etc, but nothing else extraordinary.  Some magical things, but those will be done when relevant.

As for recruiting, well, there will need to be a work crew for building the thing.  For permanent servants, I'm estimating maybe a dozen or so people, including maybe another four or so guards.  Most important is to find a steward to run the place and handle the pay when absent.

1. Workshop, assuming you're just grabbing the mundane tools as supplyign anything like the gold wire or whatever yourself, 150 gold. If you want something more expansive than like a garage workshop, something more like a true machinest workshop, thats more like 500. 
2. Variable. Cheapest would be about 60 gold for something made of cut stone thats built and assembled on site. Most expensive would be somewhere in the 1000+ range for a full metal bank style vault with built in magic locks keyed to you personally and various countermeasures.
3. 300 would be basic, for a simple enclosed pool. If you want like a true, heated, nicely decorated roman style bathouse, 900-1100.
4. A sort of "oversized" manor house or mansion...assuming you get the raw materials and have locals construct it, in the 3000 range.

For the various minor stuff, we can just say 500 to cover it all, for things like tools, armor and weapon racks, furniture, etc

The locals round there would be happy to work, both as servants and as builders initially. There's not much else in terms of cash flow so they'd jump at the chance. More specific workers like trained guards and high class stewards would likely have to be hired here in the city and their contracts negotiated. Likely they'd want somewhat of a preminum to go live out in the boonies and guard your big vacation home.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:05:19 pm by piecewise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: June 18, 2020, 06:13:00 pm »

"I bet god would use a lantern if it were, like, a really cool divine lantern. You know, like, Thor probably already punches a lot harder than any human with a normal hammer, but his hammer is so cool and powerful he can benefit from it even though he already has godly strength. Except imagine we're talking about any actual god rather than a marvel movie character."

Sounds like it's time to go. How do we get back onto the airship?

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 203