Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 359934 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2580 on: May 25, 2020, 09:59:10 am »

Assemble more robots, just because that's a time consuming thing.

Disassemble one of the control suits looted from the room outside the king's bunker.  Look for words for Saeko, and also just try to understand how it works.  I'd love to replicate my old ER strategy of remotely possessing robotic bodies on another planet.

Go through the... uh... lab stuff that made the sparrow...?  Here, Dev phrased it like this: "examine the items recovered from Lab 8, that made the sparrow fighter."  Figure that shit out.

Talk to the transport some more as well.  Can it lock/unlock itself if we leave it?  Does it have external speakers to warn people away?

Look at the transport's comm system as well.  Use animation scrying spells to do so if they can't be examined without being destructive--I don't want to risk hurting the transport itself.  I want to get enough understanding of the comms to make remote comms we can use to talk with the transport itself, preferably with the system that's already built in.

Spoiler: creepy oracle kid (click to show/hide)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: May 25, 2020, 02:11:47 pm »

Can I join this game?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2582 on: May 25, 2020, 03:17:14 pm »

In that case, the best move is probably to do nothing. The crystals are just doing their job, though it might be wise to drain the mana from them so they don't get overloaded. But does Adam want or need to get involved further?
"Okay... Adam, should we be trying to get involved with the Conjunction in some way?"
I think the best move for the village and my own sake is to do nothing except maybe drain the crystal's mana reserves so they don't get overfilled, but I don't know if the same is true for Adam. I'm willing to get more involved for him if he wants to, so I'm going to see what he wants to do.

EDIT: Current location I believe is Wismuth. I'm assuming I do not notice the rumbling unless told otherwise.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
Adam says, in a lot of words, that he isn't being called because he's with you. So he seems fine with this.

Now...draining mana from these...as a channeler its very possible. There might be more of it than you can easily hold within yourself though...You think you should figure out a way to "vent" the mana if its too much for you to handle.

Take some time off, let my extra arms grow the rest of the way, and go through the rest of my magicoal, leveling Knowledge, Speed, and Senses. See if my armor can be modified to accommodate having four arms.

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
416 total mana from the rest of the coal. How much are you left with after all your leveling? is it more than 60?

Your new arms grow in and the armor grows with them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to grab onto the staircase and get myself on it without falling off
[3v3]
You catch the staircase with both hands and jerk to a stop. It hurts a lot. [3v4] You attempt to pull yourself up onto the stairs but can't manage it. Damn your flimsy arms!

Climb to the top of a large tree (use sunbro staff to help me with this), then use binoculars to take a close look at the scene. What is going on over there?

Then combine what I can see, whatever relevant info we can scrounge up from our books and what our guide thinks is going on (or local legends pertaining to events like this) to try and get an idea of the situation. Try to determine of getting close to there would be a disastrous idea and would indeed lead to us getting spirited away, or if such a thing only happens if we anger or disrespect them. Also try to figure out if waiting for this event to pass would mean we could still get into contact with Alizarin, or if it seems more likely she will disappear again after all this.

You climb to the top of the nearest tree. From here you can see the roof of the temple. The Coiled tail is that of some kind of massive lizard: you can't place exactly what though. It doesn't look like anything you've ever seen. You can only see the back half from here, but you're fairly certain it has at least 6 limbs. Judging from what people have told you up till now, this looks like a spiritual convergence, a meeting of all the spirits bound to this land. A normal person getting close would probably not survive- not all spirits are friendly after all -but with this staff you hold some authority. You get the feeling that the Goddess wouldn't let you get wiped out without at least meeting you.

Assemble more robots, just because that's a time consuming thing.

Disassemble one of the control suits looted from the room outside the king's bunker.  Look for words for Saeko, and also just try to understand how it works.  I'd love to replicate my old ER strategy of remotely possessing robotic bodies on another planet.

Go through the... uh... lab stuff that made the sparrow...?  Here, Dev phrased it like this: "examine the items recovered from Lab 8, that made the sparrow fighter."  Figure that shit out.

Talk to the transport some more as well.  Can it lock/unlock itself if we leave it?  Does it have external speakers to warn people away?

Look at the transport's comm system as well.  Use animation scrying spells to do so if they can't be examined without being destructive--I don't want to risk hurting the transport itself.  I want to get enough understanding of the comms to make remote comms we can use to talk with the transport itself, preferably with the system that's already built in.

Spoiler: creepy oracle kid (click to show/hide)
You get 6 made. Just rolling d6 until you're done.

[1+5v2] The suit, when powered, basically sends different signals depending on how its moving. With this knowledge, you can effectively replicate those movements with something else OR tie those movements to something else. Like firing a gun if you make finger guns. If you want exhaustive explanations of exactly how it all works, I can, but its gonna require diagrams. And exhaustion.

[4+5v6] Ok basically it was an automated factory where spirit controlled mechanical limbs created sparrows out of metal frames, gold wire, and some kind of pliable stone.

It can lock and unlock itself, but it cannot speak externally, at least not as it is.

Basically they're radios. They use magically attuned crystals to transmit signals between comms but they're basically radios.

Talk to the Dean.

What I'm offering:

A barrel of Magicoal
One of the rifles, a sword, and a grenade.
A soldier-orb.
Permission to examine and copy the library of books recovered from the core room.  I'd like them returned, but they can borrow them for enough time to examine them and make copies.

What I'd like:

Several word-jades of my choice.
A thaumic item that does healing.
A thaumic item that repairs things.
Some biometal
Some item related to manufacturing a weapon, or, failing that, some item that would allow the duplication of non-magical but very difficult to reproduce items like charged mainsprings or the radioactive pellet.
Something that will help me manipulate the spirit-creatures.. the fighter or the moth-creature, to help change their shapes fundamentally, as I'd like to reshape one of them into wearable armour.
Same with general biomodding stuff.  Benedict needs a new set of spells, plus it'll be handy to adopt a new class as Fighter.

Also would like to see a couple more items to choose from instead of the specific ones, or single word-jades.

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)
Lets see.
1. Sure
2. Ok. They have an old rejuvenation chamber.
3. Don't have
4. Sure, you can have half their current supply: so 4lbs.
5. Don't have.
6. They have a semi-complete bioshaper. Its basically a set of gloves that let you freely mold living flesh. By switching out parts you can also change the make up of the flesh. Its an old machine from the northern kingdoms.

Well, they have three sealed spirits, a set of armor that seems to be made of bone, a bag of what looks like gold leaf flakes, about 2 dozen unknown potions, a "sack of sparrows", the "Readers Digest", and a single gold coin.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2583 on: May 25, 2020, 03:18:36 pm »

Can I join this game?
Sure, just be aware the focus has kind of shifted. Not so much wizard gang wars as "A bunch of wizards do whatever they want"

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: May 25, 2020, 09:09:39 pm »

50 Mana. Left 40 short of maxing all stats. BibleThump
Teach Salt to knife-fight.
Obtain a high-quality dagger (d6?) and enchant it to passively glow with sunlight, and optionally project a beam of sunlight from the point like a flashlight. Make the enchantment permanent, with a mana storage of 5 / d10.

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: May 25, 2020, 09:17:26 pm »

((Chaoskl, Piecewise didn't mention this because he is a scatterbrained skeleton, but I'm going to recommend that you also look at the map in the OP and choose a place to start out at. Alternatively you could just tell PW to pick a place himself.))

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: May 26, 2020, 07:13:21 am »

((Where are most people at?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: May 26, 2020, 07:25:25 am »

((It's a very large map and we're all determined to do out own thing. :P
Alkahest is the largest city. My character lives there because she's a Mage Breaker and they're based there. Dev and syv are there doing some business at the moment. Leng also works for the Mage Breakers but isn't usually at the HQ, instead making rounds between settlements around Alkahest. RC and Pan are together, doing something at some place, and Nature is also at some place doing something.

Yeah. We're pretty spread out.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: May 26, 2020, 07:26:18 am »

((My character’s at Old Kaolin attempting to not fall to her death.))
Speaking of that,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hold a torch near the ice to melt it, climb to the newly uniced stair, repeat prices until reaching the top

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: May 26, 2020, 07:31:42 am »

Start at Fearce and examine surroundings

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: May 26, 2020, 09:48:41 am »

You climb to the top of the nearest tree. From here you can see the roof of the temple. The Coiled tail is that of some kind of massive lizard: you can't place exactly what though. It doesn't look like anything you've ever seen. You can only see the back half from here, but you're fairly certain it has at least 6 limbs. Judging from what people have told you up till now, this looks like a spiritual convergence, a meeting of all the spirits bound to this land. A normal person getting close would probably not survive- not all spirits are friendly after all -but with this staff you hold some authority. You get the feeling that the Goddess wouldn't let you get wiped out without at least meeting you.
Ok then, spirited away here we go!

Climb back down, tell our guide he can leave and take the cart with him. If we don't return in a week or two he can keep the cart as his payment.

Once he's gone, take the sunbro staff out of its cover and carefully make our way to the temple. Announce that we are here to speak with Alizarin and hold the staff clearly visible so that hopefully no spirits will try to mess with us.

If we make it there unmolested, lay out the honey, homebrewed alcohol, and the game we caught before the goddess and make it clear this is an offering to her and that we humbly request an audience.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:50:26 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: May 26, 2020, 09:47:09 pm »

I think I'll plan on using Sound magic as a vent if necessary, pumping overflow mana into increasing the duration of a silencing effect immediately surrounding the crystal. If the crystal absorbs the overflow mana, that's fine by me, since it's also where it's coming out of so it has no reasonable way to overload itself. I also will start on the crystal that likely is the least charged, to try to get a feel for how much mana I'm going to be trying to handle here in the lowest risk way I can. I don't want to completely empty the things, I just want to make sure they have no risk of being overfilled.

I would honestly prefer to let Adam take any excess mana if he can and he's comfortable with it over using the Sound vent method. But I'm not sure if he can or wants to. If he thinks that's a bad idea then I can just use the Sound magic vent plan anyway, but if he's up for it then giving him some extra power can't be a bad thing in my book.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: May 26, 2020, 10:21:18 pm »

Take the deal.  Take the directed artifacts, (partly-complete bioshaper, 4kg of biometal, and rejuvenator) and ask for five pieces of word-jade and the "Readers Digest".  What does it look like, and is there any description of what it does?

Attempt to trade the permanent see-through anything spyglass for another piece of word-jade.

If possible, try a Strengthen Grow Expand spell to double the remaining biometal, if it acts like mundane material and doesn't take mana to upkeep it.  Do this for another piece of word-jade.

After that, head back to Ekrov, and give him fifty gold for his shopping spree. Follow it up by copying down that Transmute word onto a crystal, to free up the mind slot, and summon him some steel plates for his in-progress power armour.  Then hit the town, and see if I can find a good time and some mana-hugs.

I'll get to the auction after this.

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 04:19:16 pm by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: May 28, 2020, 10:12:27 am »

Follow plan Spirited Away as laid out by Darwin. Make sure my sombrero is on my head at a rogueish angle and be on my best birb behaviour.
Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 203