Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 359997 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #600 on: October 30, 2017, 08:53:03 pm »

"O-okay, I can do this. It's just a rock, right? Smash it apart, just like when I was a kid."

Behiar scribbles something odd into her notebook under the dim light. Call it inspiration.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 31, 2017, 03:24:44 am »

"Is there no-one you would trust to hire here?  I'd be happy to help you hire someone.  Maybe there is someone who would like to leave this place, or someone who was, or is now wounded or crippled.  Maybe there is someone who can be convinced to aid on merciful or practical grounds.  I would be happy to put what services I can do at your disposal, be it argument or healing."

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:34:49 am by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 31, 2017, 04:15:31 am »

"Ok then, this is how I propose we tackle this terror: we set up a trip line between two stalagmites and place a net behind it. Écalir lures it in so that, hopefully, it trips and falls in the net. Then Behiar and me use the longer parts of rope at the edge of the net to try and drag it over him and entangle him more. Then while its movement is impeded Écalir and Rufus engage and kill it, hitting the legs first to further limit its mobility.

We'll also make a second net I'll be keeping with me in case it escapes the first. Behiar, if that happens you too will have to attack it with that hammer I'm afraid. Once we engage it will be do or die. Are you ready for that?"

Unless people object, starting preparing the plan as explained above: trip wire, behind that a net with long parts of rope at the end so we can easily drag the net over it and a second net I'll keep on me.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 31, 2017, 02:49:44 pm »

Uhhhh... Exist?
Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #604 on: November 05, 2017, 11:40:52 am »

Uhhhh... Exist?
You effectively just walk into town. Phaganeda is a town on the water of a swamp, a series of dock like structures and floating platforms supporting wooden structures. Everything is water rotted, blackened with age and humidity, and smells of mud and stagnant water. Its some time in the early afternoon and the people are out and about, walking slow and lazy under the boiling midday sun and hateful humidity.

"Is there no-one you would trust to hire here?  I'd be happy to help you hire someone.  Maybe there is someone who would like to leave this place, or someone who was, or is now wounded or crippled.  Maybe there is someone who can be convinced to aid on merciful or practical grounds.  I would be happy to put what services I can do at your disposal, be it argument or healing."

The caravan owner nods. "We've tried. There are other like us who lost members and are looking for hirelings. Trustworthy men are rare among mercenaries. You said you healed men last night, right? Were any of them of them fighters?"

I'm fine with him spawning near me, though I don't think I know him do I?
"Sir, please take your hand off me. I do not like being touched."

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
The man smiles wider, lips parting to reveal pointed teeth.

"As you say, little sister." He says, lifting his hand away carefully and showing his palms, "As you say."

"O-okay, I can do this. It's just a rock, right? Smash it apart, just like when I was a kid."

Behiar scribbles something odd into her notebook under the dim light. Call it inspiration.

You draw a picture of a dog in a lady's brassier riding a unicycle.

Its pretty odd.

"Ok then, this is how I propose we tackle this terror: we set up a trip line between two stalagmites and place a net behind it. Écalir lures it in so that, hopefully, it trips and falls in the net. Then Behiar and me use the longer parts of rope at the edge of the net to try and drag it over him and entangle him more. Then while its movement is impeded Écalir and Rufus engage and kill it, hitting the legs first to further limit its mobility.

We'll also make a second net I'll be keeping with me in case it escapes the first. Behiar, if that happens you too will have to attack it with that hammer I'm afraid. Once we engage it will be do or die. Are you ready for that?"

Unless people object, starting preparing the plan as explained above: trip wire, behind that a net with long parts of rope at the end so we can easily drag the net over it and a second net I'll keep on me.

[10v5]
Tying a rope between two stalagmites is easy. You do it first and make sure to show everyone where it is and leave a little stack of stones on either side to signal it, since Eclair will be running in with lantern light and only have 15 feet or so to prepare and jump.  Then you set about making the net. Its not a complex thing, basically just a gridwork of ropes knotted together, but its quick and will serve the purpose.  You make another, smaller net to keep with you before laying the large one out, completing the trap.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 05, 2017, 11:54:07 am »

"Probably.  There were several of them."

Show the caravan driver the inn that put up many of the healing recipients.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 05, 2017, 12:11:24 pm »

The bar keep looks at the coins and the back up to you with a sort of slow and deliberate smile.

"An honest, hardworking man eh?" He says, his tone not quite mocking but almost. He looks out the window nearest the bar and shakes his head. "Will be night before long. What say you stay the night here, and I get you a guide in the morning?"

"Oh no. It's got to be now."

I don't want to murder someone here, they'd bleed out too fast. If the barkeep doesn't take me, appeal to the toughs sitting about. If someone can't stay calm around the promise of so much easy gold, set fire to my attacker and leave the building. I'd prefer not to have to walk someone out into the desert and shoot them, but ya gotta suffer for your art.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 05, 2017, 12:48:02 pm »

I probably should look for a job. Find a tavern/bar/inn and ask arround if anyone needs me to smash some magic guys so I can get some mana.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 06, 2017, 04:25:13 am »

Ok then, the trap is set. Let's do this.

To reiterate: wait till Écalir has lured rockmonster into our trap, then pull on part of the rope to pull the rest of the net over it. Then try to further restrain/impede its movements by yanking/dragging at the net's ropes as necessary (eg if it's trying to get up then pull on the rope that would imbalance it the most).

Should the trap fail or if the monster escapes from the first net, then use my second backup net on it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 06, 2017, 09:39:19 am »

I reach down into my bag and leave my hand inside, holding the hammer, my eyes taking a good hard look at each individual member of the group before me.
"Thank you sir."
I then walk, briskly, and only on nice and visible main roads, directly back to the church. Once there I'll warn them about the pack of muggers stalking me, and tell them the obvious bullshit lie they claimed, making sure I give them a good description of the gang so they can make sure these guys get arrested, and also so they don't get blamed for the gang's actions.
(( :P my real goal is to reduce how many personnel they will be able to use to try to handle me. I'm expecting them to have to pull these guys out and keep them hidden from me for as long as they don't want to alarm me, which will hopefully make it a lot harder for them to track me since they'll be down at least one enforcer team.))

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:41:48 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 06, 2017, 12:28:15 pm »

Any chance I could have been working my garbage business over the turns I missed? Anyways, have my sculpture explain what it means by true knowledge.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 08, 2017, 12:48:03 pm »

Attempt to lure the monster into our trap.

If succesful: Jab it with my spear once it's entangled.
If unsuccesful, jab at it to get it's attention away from my teammebers, then fight it out while focusing on evading.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #612 on: November 12, 2017, 02:21:41 pm »

"Probably.  There were several of them."

Show the caravan driver the inn that put up many of the healing recipients.

You return to the inn and find the men whose lives you saved. Most are simply citizens of the town or members of other caravans, but two are mercenaries. They agree to follow you, not the caravan but you, as far as Alkahest for free, and further if you'll pay their fee.  Both are rather large and imposing men, one with a club and the other with a curved sword.  The Caravan owner waits to see if you'll approve.

The bar keep looks at the coins and the back up to you with a sort of slow and deliberate smile.

"An honest, hardworking man eh?" He says, his tone not quite mocking but almost. He looks out the window nearest the bar and shakes his head. "Will be night before long. What say you stay the night here, and I get you a guide in the morning?"

"Oh no. It's got to be now."

I don't want to murder someone here, they'd bleed out too fast. If the barkeep doesn't take me, appeal to the toughs sitting about. If someone can't stay calm around the promise of so much easy gold, set fire to my attacker and leave the building. I'd prefer not to have to walk someone out into the desert and shoot them, but ya gotta suffer for your art.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
The bartender looks mildly annoyed but he motions to one of the other patrons and the man walks over with slow, heavy steps. The two converse quietly for a moment before the bartender turns back to you.

"This man will take you where you need to go. He wants to know how much you'll pay."

I probably should look for a job. Find a tavern/bar/inn and ask arround if anyone needs me to smash some magic guys so I can get some mana.
You poke your head into the nearest bar and find it filled with locals. They stare up at you from their drinks with bulging too wide eyes and pursed fishy lips.

"Yo. Anyone got any work that needs doing or any wizards that need killing?"

They all stare at you for a long moment before a group of similarly dressed men stand up from a table in the back and walk up to you. They pull you to the side and everyone immediately looks away.

"Hello, brother.", Says the largest one, "You say you wish to combat wizards?"

I reach down into my bag and leave my hand inside, holding the hammer, my eyes taking a good hard look at each individual member of the group before me.
"Thank you sir."
I then walk, briskly, and only on nice and visible main roads, directly back to the church. Once there I'll warn them about the pack of muggers stalking me, and tell them the obvious bullshit lie they claimed, making sure I give them a good description of the gang so they can make sure these guys get arrested, and also so they don't get blamed for the gang's actions.
(( :P my real goal is to reduce how many personnel they will be able to use to try to handle me. I'm expecting them to have to pull these guys out and keep them hidden from me for as long as they don't want to alarm me, which will hopefully make it a lot harder for them to track me since they'll be down at least one enforcer team.))

You return to the church and tell them about what has happened, making sure to announce your non-belief in the story those men gave you.  The people at the church spin you a yarn about undesirables using their image and offer to give you legitimate protectors, if you feel threatened. The bastard priest who talks to you smiles the entire damn time.

Any chance I could have been working my garbage business over the turns I missed? Anyways, have my sculpture explain what it means by true knowledge.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)

Sure, add 4 gold.

The statue, very slowly and via mostly single word answers, explains that you can trade it blood for information. For exact, factual information.

Attempt to lure the monster into our trap.

If succesful: Jab it with my spear once it's entangled.
If unsuccesful, jab at it to get it's attention away from my teammebers, then fight it out while focusing on evading.

Ok then, the trap is set. Let's do this.

To reiterate: wait till Écalir has lured rockmonster into our trap, then pull on part of the rope to pull the rest of the net over it. Then try to further restrain/impede its movements by yanking/dragging at the net's ropes as necessary (eg if it's trying to get up then pull on the rope that would imbalance it the most).

Should the trap fail or if the monster escapes from the first net, then use my second backup net on it.

You chase after the creature, lantern in hand and find it a few hundred feet down the length of the riverbed.  The creature is a Utahraptor, 18 feet long and 7 tall. It looks like a corpse halfway through decomposition; its skeleton -made of what looks like polished Howlite- can be seen through missing chucks of petrified flesh. Opalized lungs rattle against stone bones and a few loops of garnet intestines hang from its opened belly. It moves like stop motion animation with half the frames missing, jittering and grinding but preternaturally quick. It turns huge yellow jade eyes on you and hisses out a strange grinding roar.

You immediately turn tail and flee. [4v8] You get maybe halfway back to the trap location before it closes the distance makes a running leap at your back. [4v8][4] You try to juke out of the way at the last moment but the thing is just too fast. It hits your back and one clawed foot closes over your left shoulder while the other rakes a 9 inch diamond claw across your back. Your chainmail tears with a series of jarring pops as the rings snap, but it prevents the claw from reaching your flesh.  Together both you and Fossil Vampire go down, with the creature still clinging and poised on your back. 

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 12, 2017, 02:28:27 pm »

"Seems good to me."

Accept them, and then head out with the caravan.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 12, 2017, 05:08:55 pm »

"Yes. See, I'm currently looking for a job and there are lots of wizards who use magic for bad stuff like murder or theft. Someone has to get rid of them, right? I'm also interested in mercenary work and bounty hunting."
Listen to what he has to say.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 203