Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 359964 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #555 on: October 01, 2017, 01:49:59 pm »

"I agree wholeheartedly."

Okay, let's just follow Darwin now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 04, 2017, 04:03:06 pm »

Lets get to looking for an air bladder then.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 04, 2017, 04:40:45 pm »

My barbarian sense tells me that following the brainy part of our duo is the best course of action here. So follow Darwin

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 04, 2017, 05:58:09 pm »

See if my sculpture does anything interesting. Then figure out the ingredients I need for my next sculpture.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 05, 2017, 02:34:05 am »

Yes, visiting Mother Shab would be most prudent, I imagine.  While traveling to visit her, conversationally ask about what she's like.  Judging by the name, I'm guessing she's risk-averse and protective of her people, like any good mother?  Watchful and wise, as well?  Express some degree of worry about her, what with the Alki brutes that are bullying the town...

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #560 on: October 08, 2017, 02:08:31 pm »

I guess it would depend on the use for that spell. Are you trying to hide yourself or shield yourself or what?

I was trying to impress some things I thought were people by making mud magically appear on my body. It's not important now.

Moghorn gapes for a second, then hotfoots it out of there, directly away from wherever the men were taking him. In fact, he retraces his steps to Fearce, and tries to find out what the mud-things were. If possible, he goes to Ligne by a different route after that, avoiding anything that looks even remotely mucky.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
You head back to Fearce and ask about the Mud...things. Most people have no idea what you're talking about but a few say they're followers of some cult down "On the lake" and that they Stalk the southern roads, trying to drag people in. They warn you about going anywhere South near Lake Limus alone.

Get the wounded to start heading home, if possible, and try to arrange to stay with someone for the day.
Home? Where is home in this usage?

Lets get to looking for an air bladder then.

Ok. Are you going to go around asking for that specifically? Are you gonna try and get parts to make one? Try to be subtle about it or just openly say it?

See if my sculpture does anything interesting. Then figure out the ingredients I need for my next sculpture.

You tap on the glass and ask "Hey, you do anything?"

All the little gold men nod their heads at once.

You think you need
Volcanic soil
A seed just beginning to sprout
Fire
A glass sword
and a seal for making wax imprints.

Yes, visiting Mother Shab would be most prudent, I imagine.  While traveling to visit her, conversationally ask about what she's like.  Judging by the name, I'm guessing she's risk-averse and protective of her people, like any good mother?  Watchful and wise, as well?  Express some degree of worry about her, what with the Alki brutes that are bullying the town...

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)
He leads you through the town and eventually outside of it, to a home on the outskirts. Its a large, wooden structure made of clearly aged and partially rotten wood. Talismans and strange totems hang above the porch and dot the yard and path up to it. When you press him about what she is like he thinks about it for a long moment and then says "She has the kindness of a knife. She will protect you and provide for you, but do not cross her or you will regret it."

My barbarian sense tells me that following the brainy part of our duo is the best course of action here. So follow Darwin

"I agree wholeheartedly."

Okay, let's just follow Darwin now.

Darwin turns to his companions, two of which still seems to be busily sharing bodyheat (despite the fact that Behiar had gotten dry like ten minutes ago) and whispers: "Friends, after careful observation, deep reflection and convening with the spirits of the world, I have come to a conclusion: fuck this cave."

Where does the sound seem to come from? Leg it in a direction that's not that. Maybe try to find some place we could use to hide from whatever is coming down to grind our bones, like a depression in a cave wall that lacks crushed bones or perhaps higher ground somewhere.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Hard to say where it came from, sounds echo uselessly in here. You follow the flow of the river down a bit more till you find what you're looking for; a crack in the wall. At some point this section of cave settled a few inches and there is a crack running from about halfway up the ceiling and straight to the floor, then a few feet below it. Its a good 3 feet wide and easily 20 feet deep into the wall before it shrinks to a size you can no longer pass through. It will get you out of this tunnel but it will also effectively pen you in.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 08, 2017, 02:31:51 pm »

"So, any of you feel like holing up in here for a while? We'd be effectively trapped, but I'm not sure we have much other choices. Or we could move on and retreat here once, or rather if, we find whatever is making that noise and made this mess. But that sounds rather foolish. I don't think we can really go around anymore and avoid all this, we'll have to press on."

Provisional action in case people don't respond: sure, hide in there for a while until the grindy noise either passes us or goes away.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:07:05 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 08, 2017, 02:33:33 pm »

Go to Yttria, skirting the Artifacter Grave's North side. Hire a guide if so advised.

One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 08, 2017, 02:57:07 pm »

Their homes, at least the ones that have any, so they aren't sitting in the street to get robbed or re-murdered.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #564 on: October 08, 2017, 07:27:28 pm »

Their homes, at least the ones that have any, so they aren't sitting in the street to get robbed or re-murdered.
Ah, of the wounded people?  Most if not all of them came from the Inn so they don't really have a home here.  Wanna take em to another Inn or just try to find anyone that will take them?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 08, 2017, 08:45:14 pm »

No, I need to be discrete. I need to get it in parts, preferably ones requiring minimal changes to make work. In this case, I'd prefer to use a waterskin/wineskin. It should require basically no changes at all to make it work, so long as it has a good seal to keep water in, it should have a good seal to keep water out, and hopefully it'll be enough to hold air as well. I'll test it first though in a bucket, because I might need to improve on the waterproofing. some wax should do the trick for that if needed.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 08, 2017, 10:39:48 pm »

Ah, of the wounded people?  Most if not all of them came from the Inn so they don't really have a home here.  Wanna take em to another Inn or just try to find anyone that will take them?

I suppose another inn would be best.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 10, 2017, 06:28:01 pm »

"Ecalir has no problem with waiting here for a moment. Perhaps grindy thing will pass us by completely, yes?"

Follow Darwin's lead

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 10, 2017, 06:47:52 pm »

Ponder places where I can find the ingredients for my sculpture.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #569 on: October 15, 2017, 08:54:40 pm »

Ponder places where I can find the ingredients for my sculpture.

Volcanic soil: A volcano is your best bet you would assume. Alkahest is literally built atop a volcano so thats a good place to start.

A seed just beginning to sprout: Forest, maybe?

Fire: Really?

A glass sword: Artisan most likely, something that will have to be custom made.

and a seal for making wax imprints: Either stolen or made by an artisan. Or you might be able to buy it from the estate of a dead man?

I suppose another inn would be best.
You help the injured men to one of the near by inns, finding one that has opened its doors and is allowing people in for free. The beds are already taken so you lay the men out where you can on the ground and on a long table. Though their injuries are healed they are still quite tired and out of it. You help with a few more people, performing more mundane acts of first aid and coordinating actions. By the time everything seems to be settled and the fires have been doused, the sun is cresting the horizon.

Go to Yttria, skirting the Artifacter Grave's North side. Hire a guide if so advised.

You skirt the largest part of the grave, but the swath of destruction stretches for dozens of miles up from the grave straight to Alkahest. The area you pass through is a desert of sand and black ash littered with the mechanical remnants of all manner of automata. Some of the machines are still moving, their limbs feebly repeating the same motions  over and over, unable to free themselves.

You reach about what you think is the midpoint of this area on the first night and you're left with a decision: Continue on during the night or stop in his half melted land of dying machines and sleep. You have no idea if its dangerous but something about it seems like a poor idea. Like sleeping in a graveyard. Exactly like that, actually.

No, I need to be discrete. I need to get it in parts, preferably ones requiring minimal changes to make work. In this case, I'd prefer to use a waterskin/wineskin. It should require basically no changes at all to make it work, so long as it has a good seal to keep water in, it should have a good seal to keep water out, and hopefully it'll be enough to hold air as well. I'll test it first though in a bucket, because I might need to improve on the waterproofing. some wax should do the trick for that if needed.

You buy a waterskin for 1 silver and carefully test it out in a bucket of water. You fill it with air and then stick it under the water, looking for bubbles. You even give it a squeeze. One or two small bubbles leak out near the top but only when you squeeze it.

"So, any of you feel like holing up in here for a while? We'd be effectively trapped, but I'm not sure we have much other choices. Or we could move on and retreat here once, or rather if, we find whatever is making that noise and made this mess. But that sounds rather foolish. I don't think we can really go around anymore and avoid all this, we'll have to press on."

Provisional action in case people don't respond: sure, hide in there for a while until the grindy noise either passes us or goes away.

"Ecalir has no problem with waiting here for a moment. Perhaps grindy thing will pass us by completely, yes?"

Follow Darwin's lead

You both, along with your guide and tag-a-long hurry into the crack, with Eclair taking the outer most section and Darwin the inner most. Everyone waits. The grinding sound gains weight and force, growing louder but still coming from no identifiable direction. There seems to be more than one source, multiple grinding things all around. Then something moves past the crevice. You cannot see it, the lights have been put out so as to hide your presence, but you can hear it. From this range the sound is almost painful, the grinding constant but jerky, as though a dozen millstones were making a single violent rotation, but all at slightly different times. There's a smell in the air, something like iron and mold and a vague smell, like wet stone but different. You hear the rasp of sharp points striking and dragging across stone.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 203