Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Picture War Factions, (5/10) (OOC/Assignments)  (Read 2078 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Picture War Factions, (5/10) (OOC/Assignments)
« on: April 21, 2017, 07:51:38 pm »

I welcome you to the first PW faction game

IC/Roleplaying/Actions thread

You might have heard of Picture wars before, if not go ahead and check out our WIP/General chat. Basically PW is a game where everything is customizable to a single pixel.

This game is going to be quite different than a traditional match and will have no on-map battles.

Setting:
The game is set in a fictional steampunk world highly inspired by my home-brewed setting 'the steam of stars'.
Everyone is looking for either coal or energy in form of minerals. Even though it is mostly steampunk it also has elements of cyberpunk and sci-fi. Sentient droids and spaceships are common, many people have bionics and all that crap. Basically it's a world that an army of sword carrying droids or space pirates with broom-sticks XVI century weaponry could exist.

The planet we will focus on is Lathalus. It's, as the humans call it, 'The center of the galaxy'. All the the inter-galactic governments reside here and the whole planet is a big factory composed of slums, black-markets and rich peoples' houses.

As much as creative armies (not only human) are allowed and even encouraged, I would like the game to be more or less serious and just humanoid creatures, because it makes sense to not have a bunch of live magma rocks (my orockian army) taking over the world.

Tech Level:
Anywhere from Renaissance weaponry and tools to Sci-fi lasers. Reneissance is far much common and, in close combat, not much less powerful.

And Finally Rules:
The game will be updated once a week unless everyone finishes earlier and I have time.

I am the most powerful and only God and have all the power I could have, so don't be pissed when I send meteors flying.

Every week I will start of by giving an 'assignment'. By this I mean that I will want you to create some pixel art and it could be anything from a map of your most important city to your basic troops. Because of this, I will want you to start a new army specifically for this game.

Other than the above rules, everything is open. You can form alliances with other players, attack different provinces. Roleplay events in your faction. Control the black market, control the world etc.
PM's between players are allowed.

Posting art with your actions and roleplays is encouraged. E.g. a scene of your troops moving on a city background, or emperor Palpatine your governor in the inter-galactic senate etc.

Side note:
I'm a really bad role-player, so if anyone wants to take over role-playing as the GM, I will be glad. If you do decide to become the second GM, I might give you other stuff to do as well.

World Map:
I will make one when we get at least a few factions.

First assignment:
Every PW army starts out with this - Basic troops. It would also be nice to get around 2~3 paragraphs on your faction.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:12:06 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Picture War Factions, (0/10) (OOC/Assignments)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 07:54:47 pm »

Reserved

BTW, any ideas on a better name for this?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:57:01 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 08:20:14 pm »

Liiiiiiit! To be clear. We post the assignments in the IC thread? Or in here?

EDIT: Also, I'd like to claim a spot?

EDIT2: Name Suggestion: Draw Empire (or something like that.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:23:13 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 08:25:52 pm »

Dibs on a spot.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 09:16:03 pm »

Liiiiiiit! To be clear. We post the assignments in the IC thread? Or in here?
Depends how you show them off. If in a scene or roleplayed than probably in IC, if just spritesheet (totally fine as well) than show them here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picture War Factions, (2/10) (OOC/Assignments)
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 06:42:38 am »

Hmm, yeah I'll bring in my Malf. AI sheet if you'll let me. It needs a good bit of work, but I've gotten the BASICS ready.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 07:29:42 am »

Hmm, yeah I'll bring in my Malf. AI sheet if you'll let me. It needs a good bit of work, but I've gotten the BASICS ready.
Sure

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
  • "Drop the hemp wool sock!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 07:32:55 am »

So essentially an abstract Civ V?

Count me in.

I have a question, though. If we're unable to meet a deadline, (busy, etc.) does or faction go under the radar for a bit as just idle or does something else happen?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 07:37:22 am »

So essentially an abstract Civ V?

Count me in.

I have a question, though. If we're unable to meet a deadline, (busy, etc.) does or faction go under the radar for a bit as just idle or does something else happen?
Not really Civ, because factions don't have to be countries. It might as well be a powerful gang.

Not sure yet, gonna figure it out once it happens, but I guess they might stay idle.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Picture War Factions, (4/10) (OOC/Assignments)
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 04:05:25 pm »

I might've a go att his
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 09:33:17 pm »

I might've a go att his
Added to the top of the player list.

A Brief Overview of The Empire of Eskellion:
Spoiler: "huge af PDF!" (click to show/hide)
This is awesome!

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 09:47:42 pm »

I think Picture Wars is amazingly awesome, but unfortunately I suck at pixel art! D: I wish I was good enough to join one of these things.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 01:03:11 am »

I think Picture Wars is amazingly awesome, but unfortunately I suck at pixel art! D: I wish I was good enough to join one of these things.
Try, being good enough is not important as long as you want to improve.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 08:29:21 am »

So I know we're supposed to start a new faction for this game(which, while the AI was already under construction beforehand, has never been used and literally ONLY had the AI core itself done until I joined this game), but are we allowed to use these factions for other things afterwards. Simply put I wanted to use my AI for just general pixel war stuff, effectively to replace the blob as an attacking faction because blob was far less interesting then I thought it would be. Also, going to be working on making my Basic Troop post today, I assume you mean basic COMBAT troop right? Because I have two units done, but one is for combat and the other is for construction(mainly making a new core for the AI on maps so that it can command things directly)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 09:09:57 am »

Sure you can use it afterwards. And basic troops can be whatever you think would apply.

Edit: I decided that you should post your assignments in the IC thread.
Pages: [1] 2