Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 72109 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion begins.
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2017, 09:08:51 am »

Wow I missed a lot while I was asleep.

@webadict: ( I think it was you who asked the question)
I would probably cop TBF. No real obvious targets, and he just seems to be asking for it.
@doll:
I would probably not lynch the guy who claims to be cop, assuming he isn't acting too suspicious.

I might have missed a third question, just lemme know if I did.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2017, 09:53:28 am »

I would probably cop TBF. No real obvious targets, and he just seems to be asking for it.
@doll:
I would probably not lynch the guy who claims to be cop, assuming he isn't acting too suspicious.

Yeah, but why TBF? Why is he asking for it?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2017, 10:24:06 am »

@TheBiggerFish
I've played mafia in person before, play Town of Salem a lot, and have played in MafiaScum.

Avanti!

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2017, 10:31:01 am »

@doll:

Yeah, but why TBF? Why is he asking for it?
Well he starts off the bat antagonizing roo. No other reason. Do we have to kill someone first turn? (disarm? whatever.)
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - sending out roles!
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2017, 02:28:57 pm »

@Everyone: Who would you inspect as a Cop and why?
All things equal, I'd inspect you or doll.  Both of you are competent and hard for me to read, and if everyone was equal in my eyes I'd go with one of you.

Now, obviously, not all things are equal in a game of mafia, so I'll give a bit more of an in-depth answer.  I wouldn't inspect TBF, because it's a waste of an inspect to target someone who is likely to be lynched in the future.  Even if I did inspect him and he turned up town, I'd have to out myself to save him and it's not worth the tradeoff.  I'd try and go for someone who's in the middle of the pack: not incredibly townie-looking, but not likely to get their ass lynched either.  That way, my inspection results will hopefully be useful when it really matters come late-game.

4maskwolf
As you can see, I am rolefishing.
What's your role this game?
That you are.  I am the mafia rolecop and I'm going to be inspecting you tonight.  No but more seriously, there's only one response I can actually give to this, which is "vanilla townie".  I have no reason to claim mafia whether I am or not, and if I claim a town power role it opens me up to hasty counterclaims if I'm not that role and makes me a target if I am.  If this were something like a NSBM I might claim one of the town power roles and leave it ambiguous whether I was or not to WIFOM the scum, but not in a game like this.

TheDarkStar: Could we have a votecount, I'd like to see where things stand at the moment.

Do we have to kill someone first turn? (disarm? whatever.)
Debatable, but the general answer is "yes".  We don't have to, but it's in the town's best interests to, because it lowers the number of suspects and keeps the number of players at an odd number presuming the scum kill at night.  There's a lot more theory behind why you should lynch D1 but I'm not a huge theorycrafting person so I don't have it memorized.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion Begins.
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2017, 02:44:23 pm »

You start to argue about fish.

Hapah(1): roo
doll:
johiah:
Gentlefish(1): doll
Doubloon-Seven:
TheBiggerFish(3): 4maskwolf, Hapah, webadict
roo(1): TBF
4maskwolf:
webadict:

Not voting(3): johiah, Gentlefish, Doubloon-Seven,

Day 1 ends Wednesday, May 3rd at roughly 2pm forum time.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:19:46 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2017, 07:19:18 pm »

I always wanted a tuna sashimi.

Johian|Doubloon-Seven
Any questions you want to ask anyone?
(hint: the answer is 'yes')
Doubloon-Seven
Going to answer my question?

4maskwolf
If you can't claim without the risk of being taken at face value by new players, why claim at all?
Do you think your fakeclaim is going to make it harder on you to claim latter in the game?
Do you think experienced players surviving into the lategame will make them more suspicious?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2017, 07:56:03 pm »

I... don't really have any questions.
Also, what question? I checked your posts, and maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see a question.

Avanti!

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2017, 08:28:07 pm »

Doubloon-Seven
Think of some questions.
How, exactly, do you intend to find scum without asking questions?

Also
Doubloon-Seven
It's Day2. You are the cop, but the player you inspected last night died. Another player claims cop in the thread D2, with an innocent result on a third, unrelated player. Do you counterclaim?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2017, 09:57:08 pm »

webadict
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2017, 10:14:05 pm »

TBF: Man, it's literally been 3 or 4 years since I played. There's no way I'm gonna remember individual games at this point unless they were nuts, and even then I'm only gonna remember snippets.

I remember tunneling the everloving shit out of Shake in a King of the Mafia. I remember reasoning out that Tolyk (I think it was Tolyk) was scum in one game (a BYOR I think) when he changed his claim just a bit. I remember dinging Book with a fakeclaim in my first very game, and I remember lynching myself in a Beginner's Mafia game long ago (don't do that). I remember being a Snowman in a Cybrid Mafia game, and I vaguely remember some Mafia game that was about CCGs? I think people have Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic The Gathering and all that good stuff. But if you're asking me for specific details of how I played in games long past, I can't really help you.
Mm.  Alright then.

Well, since it's been 3 or 4 years since you've last played, I guess your meta would've changed anyway.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2017, 10:23:07 pm »

I... don't really have any questions.
Why not?  Surely there's something that stood out?
Sigtext

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2017, 10:57:43 pm »

Doubloon-Seven
Think of some questions.
How, exactly, do you intend to find scum without asking questions?

Also
Doubloon-Seven
It's Day2. You are the cop, but the player you inspected last night died. Another player claims cop in the thread D2, with an innocent result on a third, unrelated player. Do you counterclaim?
First, ah, though you meant questions about gameplay. Anyway, may I ask to everyone voting TheBiggerFish, could you please give a short summary of your reasoning?

Anyway, for your though exercise, I do not. I attempt to point out flaws in the other player's behavior, and ask why they would reveal as early as D2.

Avanti!

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2017, 11:24:57 pm »

First, ah, though you meant questions about gameplay. Anyway, may I ask to everyone voting TheBiggerFish, could you please give a short summary of your reasoning?
Well in this case we're all waiting with bated breath because you haven't said shit all game, but in general your questions should be asked in such a way that the people you're asking actually see them.
Furthermore, that's a hideously lazy and useless question. Everyone voting TBF has already explained why anyway, and you're just asking people to do more work in lieu of you actually doing anything in the thread. If you wanted to say "X! You're voting Y for no good reason. Explain yourself!" then sure, fine, that's what you're supposed to do. But the players voting TBF already commented on why they are voting TBF.

You still haven't added anything to the game. You've given a breezy answer to an RVS question, sure. Nobody really cares about RVS.
Why don't you actually ask some questions? The TBF case isn't going away. Regardless of what happens with TBF, there are scum floating around, so there's no reason for there to be so little pressure on e.g. Gentlefish, johiah, etc.

Johiah
Doubloon-Seven, TheBiggerFish and yourself are all effectively inactive. Is there any point lynching outside of those players?
Why am I voting for Gentlefish?
Why the fuck are you not voting?
Doubloon-Seven
Johiah, TheBiggerFish and yourself are all effectively inactive. Is there any point lynching outside of those players?
What are you going to do to make me stop calling you inactive?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36