Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 71908 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: 1 Replacement Needed (again)
« Reply #435 on: May 15, 2017, 10:37:40 pm »

When there's only one person available to scumhunt, mafia gets dull real fast. Im here whenever people are ready to resume the game ill be here. till then ill spend my time elsewhere.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 15, 2017, 10:59:21 pm »

wednesday I'll make reads of people, and discuss.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 17, 2017, 12:52:16 pm »

A'right, sooooo...

I shouod be able to get a post in Tuesday evening.

TBF obvscum
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 17, 2017, 01:42:57 pm »

Everyone stops talking from sheer exhaustion. Hapah appears to have passed out.

You take a brief break to eat some food and then resume discussion.

Hapah(1): TheBiggerFish
Gentlefish:
Doubloon-Seven hector13:
TheBiggerFish(1): hector13
roo:
4maskwolf origamiscienceguy(1): Lenglon
webadict Lenglon(1): origamiscienceguy

Not voting(2): Gentlefish, Hapah, roo

The day has been extended to 2pm forum time on Friday, May 19.

Hapah is still up for replacement.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 17, 2017, 04:03:37 pm »

Working on reads now. I'll make a new post for each person.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 17, 2017, 04:19:47 pm »

Starting with people who have played the entire game up until this point:

Hepah:
Played before, but not in a long time. I have to commend his responces to RVS questions, as there is lots of thoguht put into them. He also calls out TBF for his bullshit, this could be scum going for an easy kill (which TBF and roo are). Not nearly as active as other players, but rather he seems to prefer big walls of text instead. That is not a tell to me either way. His walls of text have good content, and he calls others out on their bullshit, but seems rather leniant towards TBF and roo while going for Johia (an actual noobie) even though roo and TBF have been doing much worse things on several more occasions.

Have to go work for twenty minutes. Finish the rest later.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 17, 2017, 04:23:52 pm »

Unvote - he's posting content.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 17, 2017, 04:57:25 pm »

It's a miracle, is it not?

Just to let you know, I am a lifeguard, and I have 20 minutes on-stand, and 20 minutes in the office. So I'll post 20 minutes of content, then disappear for 20 minutes.

Continuing with Hepah:
Noticed a discrepency here:
Quote from: roo
In the end it looks like this game is a repeat of every game I played so far: get indoctrinated into the bay12 playstyle or die, Lynch inactive player, scum kill active player.
I don't think D1 lynches on inactives are bad, given the alternative.
when earlier, he said this:
Regarding the RVS question above, it ties into the "why". I've never heard a good reason or explanation on how someone could divine something about my alignment based on whether I prefer baked or mashed potatoes. In my eyes, someone asking that type of question generally means one of three things:

1.) Lazy Townie. If there's no way they can care about your response, they had no reason to ask the question besides wanting to look active.
2.) Lazy Scum. When you already know who isn't scum, you are just kinda going through the motions if you want to take it easy (good scum may try to suss out roles or behavior patterns).
3.) Total newbie. They just don't know any better or how to scumhunt (though truth be told I barely know how to on Day 1 as well).

Happily, the response to 1 and 2 is the same: stick their neck in a noose until they convince you it doesn't belong there. Either you get a lazy townie engaged (win), or you lynch some scum (win), or you lynch a lazy townie (unfortunate, but I'd lynch lazy town over active town anyway). And for the newbies, well...you help them as best you can, but this is Mafia and you're gonna kill innocent folk sometimes.
Earlier, he said day 1 lynches on inactives was "unfortunate", while later, he said that is was "not a bad thing" This could be a slip, or just him reajusting to the meta, and molding his own policies towards inactives as the game goes on. I personally believe it to be the later.

Anyways, he tells doll that he doesn't like extentions when the extra time wouldn't be used, but then votes to extend again. I don't blame him, because day one was still a clusterfuck by that point.
I would like to draw attention to the interesting dynamic between Hepah and roo. Roo opens the game voting Hepah, then moves it. Before putting it back on again. roo then puts some interesting accusations on Hepah, which Hepah seems to agree with. Also, Hepah seemed to prefer to pick on TBF rather than roo, even though both were doing similar things.

GTG

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 17, 2017, 05:37:03 pm »

Not much happens with Hepah after that point. My final verdict on him, I am suspicious of a roo/Hepah scumteam, with roo targeting him early without reason to avoid the scumtell of never interacting with people. Roo then made up reasons after the fact. And dispite the fact that roo was voting for Hepah, and TBF not, Hepah attacked TBF more than roo. As an indivudual, I don't find his posts particularly scummy, but also not particularly towny. However, his interaction with roo moves him slightly down on the slider, although I think it would be much more valuable to lynch roo rather than Hepah at this point. I'll get back to that when I do my analysis and read of roo.

Next up, Gentlefish (because I do not want to do TBF or roo unless I have to  :P)

Right off the bat, Gentlefish admit's he's lazy/busy (or claims to be busy when he's really just lazy.) As Hepah pointed out, lazy people could easily be scum who don't care about scumhunting, since they already know who town and scum are. Or they could be useless townies. We'll see how he develops. Overall, he has a really crap RVS. Not contributing anything to the discussion other than answering questions posed at him, and telling TBF and roo off. He never really pressures people, either asks them to elaborate, or rebukes them. Not really any discussion-inducing content. If I were to describe him, I'd almost say he is pretending to be an IC, but never playing the game like a real player (at least to the part of the game I got to, maybe he changes later).

GTG

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 17, 2017, 06:13:50 pm »

Continuing with Gentlefish

Similarly to Hepah, somewhat inactive, and prefers big walls rather than small individual posts. That can be put down to his "busy" schedule. He continues to contribute basically nothing other than answering questions, and defending his inactivity. Almost a perfect example of activelurking. Seriously, can anybody go back through his older posts with me and see the activelurk? or is it just me?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 17, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »

After that point... Nothing. Gentlefish spent the eintire first 2/3 of day one activelurking, then the rest of day one and the entirety of day two so far gone. Worth a vote, I'd say. Waayyyy more scummy than Hepah, so much so that I think I'll vote you now, even though I suspect that either roo or TBF will be more deserving once I start to inmvestigate them.
Gentlefish

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 17, 2017, 06:51:13 pm »

Lenglon, Hector,

Do you agree with what I've got so far, or am I batshit crazy? (just trying to induce discussion into this game again.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 17, 2017, 06:58:20 pm »

G'fish is one of the folks I'm willing to vote, certainly.

Again, one of the people who were having cases against them for inactivity/active-lurking. I'd like something a bit more concrete than that before being willing to vote for them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 17, 2017, 06:59:52 pm »

Also not sure why you're questioning Lenglon and myself, we have content available for people to get a read on us. Why did you not push G'fish to get something else, or TBF/roo to comment?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 17, 2017, 07:00:51 pm »

Because you two have literally been the only ones saying anything thus far in day 2. Highest chance to start a discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36