Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups  (Read 15981 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2017, 04:28:22 pm »

Thanks, I think I'll wait till we are a bit better predators/more survivable then move up to the middle ocean.

So are you still trying to move to the shallows or are you staying put?

How many EP would it take to develop my pincers enough to cut off the new tough plant?

Too many. Its like tree sized.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2017, 04:30:24 pm »

Um, if food would continue to be scarce in the deep ocean, take my chances and move to the shallows.
Nom nom nom

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2017, 07:29:08 pm »

Um, if food would continue to be scarce in the deep ocean, take my chances and move to the shallows.

You've been in the open ocean since you tried to get to the shallows a while ago. You could make another attempt to get to the shallows, you could stay there, or you could return to the deep ocean.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2017, 07:35:41 pm »

Could I get some general resistance to these poisons, toxins, etc for 2 EP. I think thematically, my species could use a Toxin Dissolution method, so within my species organic structure, to dissolve any harmful material my cells encounter within the circulatory stream, they would be dissolve to their basic elements before those toxins are harmful. Also what happens to those deep sea salamanders from turn 1, are those the creatures eating my species bell's, now that's not nice.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2017, 07:56:19 pm »

Oh I confused myself somehow, staying in the open ocean is fine and dandy for now, I don't seem to be dying too horrifically.
Nom nom nom

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2017, 08:58:41 pm »

Could you please price check this, please?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2017, 09:10:29 pm »

Could you please price check this, please?

Your IC post? It depends on the nature of the symbiotic relationship.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2017, 09:33:52 pm »

Currently, it extends only to the location of predators, but the Mychords may evolve more specialized traits later on. After all, Mychordian communication is primarily scent based, and given the nature  of  our prospective partners, it seems rational. Now if there were only a way to get smarter...

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2017, 10:11:04 pm »

The communication pheramone buff/ territory marking thing is fine. The symbiotic relationship you mention is not, as you don't really explain how it creates that relationship.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2017, 10:19:28 pm »

Given the Nasone's  incredible sense of smell, it can read some of the more potent " border" pheromones(example: hunting grounds for large predators). Really, its less of a symbiotic relationship and more of a minor boon for the Nasone, but at some point, the Mychords are going to realize   the Nasones are following their borders.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2017, 10:26:50 pm »

Given the Nasone's  incredible sense of smell, it can read some of the more potent " border" pheromones(example: hunting grounds for large predators). Really, its less of a symbiotic relationship and more of a minor boon for the Nasone, but at some point, the Mychords are going to realize   the Nasones are following their borders.

Ah because they Nasone can smell the scent borders. Yeah, I can figure out something with that.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2017, 10:52:54 pm »

Is my 2 EP upgrade for a rudimentary general resistance to all the varieties of poisons, toxins, whatever and all that stuff, seem fine?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2017, 11:07:34 pm »

Is my 2 EP upgrade for a rudimentary general resistance to all the varieties of poisons, toxins, whatever and all that stuff, seem fine?

Well not exactly. There are 3 categories of bioweapon in the game as of this turn: toxin, venom, and acid. Your evolution would allow you to break down most toxins (poison), but wouldn't make you immune to venom or acid. And as it was pointed out to me, the goobloids should technically be counted as acidic instead of poisonous.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2017, 11:16:34 pm »

Could my species in the future, of course, upgrade with those EPs make the poison/toxin resistance for the Stubbornians in combination of it's normal resistance; to also resist those acids and venoms. I have no intention of upgrading venom resistance, since my species is the only one that seems to be produce it at the current period of time.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2017, 11:45:25 pm »

Yes you could invest in multiple resistances. Its sort of an arms race. As your prey makes it's poisons more deadly, you'll have to invest more points in resistances to keep from being poisoned. Also, as of a turn or two ago, you switched into corrosion/acid damage, if I recall correctly.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13