Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Remnants of the Precursors, free Master of Orion 1 remake  (Read 51344 times)

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of the Precursors, free Master of Orion 1 remake
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2019, 11:55:05 pm »

For those interested, the next alpha will be released publicly on Dec. 25th..

https://old.reddit.com/r/rotp/comments/e8g61u/alpha_5_will_be_arriving_on_december_25th/?st=k47yrkrr&sh=3a86c8d4

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2019, 10:28:26 am »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2019, 11:03:04 am »

PTW, I like moo back in the days.

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2019, 01:00:19 am »

Alpha 5 is now available for download from https://rayfowler.itch.io/remnants-of-the-precursors

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2020, 06:57:00 pm »

Been playing around the current beta and having lots of fun.
Really love the UI improvements and the new visuals added, nice to have difficulty levels too.

Looks like the development team is getting larger, there's even 2 writers now  :
https://old.reddit.com/r/rotp/comments/etf8bx/tom_chick_is_officially_on_the_rotp_team/

edit : not sure it's normal for the Human Triumvirate, but when i sent troops to quell a rebellion in one of my world (forgot to setup security after we got Computers II , after the rebellion we started to catch our "friend" Bulrathi sending spies), while there was the soldiers aiming and dying animations there was no visual for the shots.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh and looks like i didn't need to send more troops to crush the rebels on another of my world
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:26:40 am by Robsoie »

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2020, 06:07:00 pm »

Been playing around the current beta and having lots of fun.
Really love the UI improvements and the new visuals added, nice to have difficulty levels too.

Looks like the development team is getting larger, there's even 2 writers now  :
https://old.reddit.com/r/rotp/comments/etf8bx/tom_chick_is_officially_on_the_rotp_team/

edit : not sure it's normal for the Human Triumvirate, but when i sent troops to quell a rebellion in one of my world (forgot to setup security after we got Computers II , after the rebellion we started to catch our "friend" Bulrathi sending spies), while there was the soldiers aiming and dying animations there was no visual for the shots.

You don't have Hand Lasers yet. Those guys are shooting bullets!

Sucks about the comet, though. Wait until you see the space monsters in the next update.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2020, 06:32:38 pm »

Oh the game makes a visual distinction for the type of weaponry used by the troopers ?
That's really great.

Can't wait to have a space monster quelling rebellions on my worlds for me :D

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2020, 07:32:13 pm »

"Now remember kids, always be loyal to the Emperor, or you'll get eaten by a Space Eel!"

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2020, 05:02:40 pm »

Space Game Junkie livestream and interview, starting soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSqsoFnt1us

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2020, 06:04:21 pm »

Victory !
Bladrov 2 is now the High Master of the galaxy ruling over puny Humans, Bulrathis and Silicoids.
The good people of the human worlds also rejoiced (well they had to as they remember the last time they tried to rebel and received a deadly comet in their face) as they said goodbye to the 2 other folks of the Triumvirate, their new job is now polishing their new beloved leader Bladrov 2's shoes while smiling instead of sitting on their chair and looking bored.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 07:12:19 pm by Robsoie »

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2020, 12:02:47 am »

Hey guys, it's finally here. After 5 years, Remnants of the Precursors is feature complete and is starting an open beta and is open-sourcing its code. Read the details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rotp/comments/fzqgsv/remnants_of_the_precursors_beta_1_is_now_available/

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2020, 08:23:54 am »

Amazing ! What an achievement.
Fantastic work , thank you and congratulations to everyone involved in this project.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2020, 06:47:11 pm »

Those animations for revolt and sabotage are great, my Darloks harrassed the Klackons just to see them :)
Can't wait to see how they will be for the other races when they're done.

So far on my test play through the game seems rather solid, the space battles are fun and even more intuitive to control than in old MoO1.

I noticed a problem in the spy screen, worlds that are on the top of the screen (like the Klakons ones on the top of the screen in the screenshot) can't be accessed or selected when choosing a target , and map can't be moved to get them out of the message hidding them :
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18