Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 4}  (Read 14707 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siegebreak [Semi-Minimalist] {Turn 1}
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 12:15:06 pm »

Okay, we have proof of concept for both the automatic crossbow mechanisms and for autonomous 'bots. Cool. Let's combine those.

Hook up some more crossbows with another wheel, and also make one automaton for every two crossbows to aim and load the crossbows.
To prevent - or at least make less likely - the chance of another berserk automaton, they will be only lightly armored, and set up to "scream" an alarm if they attack someone or are attacked.

EDIT: considering that we started at 1000 enemy soldiers, and killed some, I do not believe that there should be 9723 enemy forces right now, Doubloon.

EDIT2: given 1000 enemies and 20 turns... we need to kill an average of 50 guys a turn to survive. We had10 actions this past turn, and killed 27 units. Either we need more people, or we need more effective attacks.
Also, another fix: this should have been turn 1, not turn 2. We're in turn 2 now.
Fixed, also, the turn thing was intended, & I'm a bit confused as to what you're going for there.

Avanti!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 12:30:07 pm »

I liked it more with 9273 soldiers.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 12:41:15 pm »

Okay, we have proof of concept for both the automatic crossbow mechanisms and for autonomous 'bots. Cool. Let's combine those.

Hook up some more crossbows with another wheel, and also make one automaton for every two crossbows to aim and load the crossbows.
To prevent - or at least make less likely - the chance of another berserk automaton, they will be only lightly armored, and set up to "scream" an alarm if they attack someone or are attacked.

EDIT: considering that we started at 1000 enemy soldiers, and killed some, I do not believe that there should be 9723 enemy forces right now, Doubloon.

EDIT2: given 1000 enemies and 20 turns... we need to kill an average of 50 guys a turn to survive. We had10 actions this past turn, and killed 27 units. Either we need more people, or we need more effective attacks.
Also, another fix: this should have been turn 1, not turn 2. We're in turn 2 now.
Fixed, also, the turn thing was intended, & I'm a bit confused as to what you're going for there.
"Going for"? Regarding the crossbows or the calculations?
The crossbows is me trying to kill more people with something that's already been proven to work fairly well.
The calculations was just me thinking that we need to pick up the slack.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 01:16:21 pm »

Oh look a canon that should do more damage than this crossbow
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 01:26:45 pm »

Set fire to the enemy's food supplies and equipment.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 01:33:29 pm »

I am the castle's resident alchemist, then.

I prepare poison-tipped arrows for the castle's archers, making them more lethal.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 03:53:57 pm »

Can people still join this?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 05:36:24 pm »

Dual-wield musket rifles while on my horse, slaughter as many as the pikemen as possible. The cavalry can continue doing hit and run tactics

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »

Behold! The volley guns! Each sporting eleven dangerous barrels of muskety doom.

Order for them to be fired at the enemy while maintaining a grossly arrogant, high-chinned, fancy mustache comport; I am the forts high born principal engineer after all.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 06:20:36 pm »

One does not 'Join' a minimalist RTD. If you post, you are in by default.

The crossbows is me trying to kill more people with something that's already been proven to work fairly well.
I mean what you want the turn numbering to be like.

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 07:24:08 pm »

One does not 'Join' a minimalist RTD. If you post, you are in by default.

I mean what you want the turn numbering to be like.
Umm... 30, 35? That's if you're asking for my input. I do believe that our killing power will increase, so not quite 40, but we should still have some incentive to accomplish more than we did this turn.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 08:12:40 pm »

Be a dragon. Start eating people. Don't care who.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 08:19:35 pm »

Behold! The volley guns! Each sporting eleven dangerous barrels of muskety doom.

Order for them to be fired at the enemy while maintaining a grossly arrogant, high-chinned, fancy mustache comport; I am the forts high born principal engineer after all.

Knights > guns

You big meanie pants
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 08:28:53 pm »

*ahem*

Be a dragon. Start eating people. Don't care who.
Please restrict your consumption to people not contained within Castle Adjilia (our castle).

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 08:29:38 pm »

Knights > guns

You big meanie pants

Elks > Knights > guns

horrendous shrieking noise
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8