Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [DEFUNCT]  (Read 16005 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 1
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 02:14:21 pm »

Aaaaaand we're full. I extended the player count to 6 because Whisperling never disappoints and I hate uneven numbers.
I'll be fixing up the Akashir followers' spells now and setting up the first turn soon.

((Wow, didn't even realize someone had beaten me to the punch there. Thanks a bunch for the extra slot.))

--------------

"Indeed. Glory to our masters!"

Azur carefully sips at the Lifeblood, savoring it as if it were a fine wine. He nods at the Grandfather once he has finished.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 2
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 07:23:54 pm »

Valith wraps his hand around the iron goblet, inwardly seething about such a simplistic receptacle for an important rite like this, but nonetheless abides by the Grandfather's toast. He uses the moment of silence to size up the Grandfather, trying to find out exactly where he stands with the Gods; which major deity is his patron, for example. Or is he neutral/Chaos Undivided?

EDIT:  Once it is time to drink, Valith states: "Long may we yet serve and glorify Their majesty," and heartily consumes the contents of the goblet. He focuses on committing the taste of the liquid to memory, so that he might one day reproduce it if necessary.

Valith stares at the Grandfather intently, attempting to discern any signs of influence by the Old Gods.
From what he can tell just by looking him over, there appear to be no physical mutations. The chaotic 'coldness' that accompanies Akashir's followers is absent as well. He also lacks the stoic visage of a Steelborn. Valith can't seem to pin what God is his Patron- not to say that he lacks one, but there is no solid answer from what he can tell.

Making his declaration to the toast, Valith tips the goblet back and greedily quaffs the sweet crimson liquid. Its taste makes him feel more... alive. Unbeknownst to him, he now looks youthful and much more attractive. Revitalized and ready for what may come next, Valith leans back in his chair at the round table and observes the others.

Siri takes her goblet in both hands and lifts it in toast with the other Apostles. Once it is time to drink, she brings the goblet to her lips, and whispers, "For you, Akashir. . . My life for you. . . Many lives for you. . . " She then drinks heartily from the goblet.

Siri swears an oath to Akashir before chugging the honey-like sweetness of the Lifeblood. Despite being awake for quite a long time now, she feels her senses have skyrocketed in effectiveness and could momentarily swear she felt Akashir's cold hand on her crown. A feeling of newfound power rushes through her rapidly beating heart. Her Covenant is complete, and Akashir's blessed magicks feel at her beck and call.

I raise my goblet in Toast, then Drain the goblet contents dry as I drink it all.
I then say...

"We shall Slaughter our cowardly Enemies together, Rather then each other."

Making his own Oath to Ckaeyod, John Doe drains the goblet dry. An almost indescribable feeling overcomes him as the Rune on his chainblade starts thumping like a beating heart, and his skin feels like some sort of tempered metal- but only for a moment. Ckaeyod's eyes are now on him, and John is ready to receive His blessings.

Erescal wordlessly removes their cloth mask, revealing a grotesquely twisted and marred face. They then down the Lifeblood, unflinching and showing no signs of apprehension. Erescal then dons their cloth mask once again.

I am sure this will be a pleasing arrangement for all involved.

Saying this, Erescal crushes and disfigures the brass goblet in their hand, and surreptitiously slips the broken hunk of metal into their cloak.

To the Old Ones.

After unmasking their brutally scarred face, Erescal downs the Lifeblood unflinchingly. The sweet taste spreads a magick feeling throughout their body. Erescal is more than ready to receive the gifts of their Patron- this is their destiny, the first step on the path to True Entropy. Grabbing the goblet tighter, Erescal can feel an energy spreading into the metal as it crumples like a tin can in a trash compactor. They then slip it into their cloak and wait.

Mortecia taps her fingers on the table incessantly, a mound of dust marking the stops. She pauses only to grab her goblet and take a sip.

"Can we hurry this up? Some of us have some carnage to get to?"

Anxiously drumming her fingers on the table, Mortecia takes a sip of the goblet's contents before inquiring about speeding this whole ordeal up. The sweet taste is powerful, so powerful in fact that she unwittingly grabs the goblet and finishes the rest of it. Dust is now falling from her fingertips, and she feels her patron's acknowledgement.

"Indeed. Glory to our masters!"

Azur carefully sips at the Lifeblood, savoring it as if it were a fine wine. He nods at the Grandfather once he has finished.

Azur follows after the other 5 Apostles, slowly sipping on the crimson ambrosia the Grandfather calls Lifeblood.
Quite like Mortecia, he finds himself inexplicably quaffing the entire thing. With a sudden and sharp pain in his wrists, Azur examines them for wounds but finds only that some sort of scorpion-like stingers dripping with a orange fluid are protruding from them. The pain subsides and Azur feels Sierris' love, making him feel warm and confident. As he calms down the stingers retract into his wrists with no sign they were ever there- they seem to retract when he is at peace.

After everyone finishes their goblets of Lifeblood, the Grandfather drinks from the 7th cup and sighs.
"Now that we have all partaken in the Lifeblood of the Old Gods, your gifts should become more apparent. This pact you have formed with your respective Patrons will last an eternity. You will serve their wills in life, and you will likewise serve their wills in death." The Grandfather sets his now empty goblet back on the brass tray. "As you may be aware, there is a passage in the Primeval Scriptures of the Old Gods that speaks exactly of the problem we currently face." Opening his own grimoire, he flips through a few pages before stopping and reading aloud. "And so Sierris spoke to them,
 the flocks of Faithful, that a day would come where all Holiness and Miracles would be dismissed by unrighteous charlatans. Under the guise of technological and societal advancement, the Faithful will dwindle down to all but the most Righteous. The Age of Apostasy would arrive, and it would be the duty of all Faithful to bring the Great Deceit to its knees so that its followers could be judged before the Three.
"

The Grandfather closes his copy of the Scriptures. "That Age is upon us, and as the last of the Faithful we must do as the Great Mother said and topple the Hermetic demagogue."

A clocktower chimes in the distance just as the Grandfather finishes. "That concludes our Gathering tonight, Apostles. But before you go... I have a task for you. In this city of Akkerad, there is a Alchemyst's den in the back of the Tavern called 'The Lucky Bottle'. It is hidden there as a security measure of sorts- even the Arbiters that are in the pockets of the Hermetics disapprove of some of their practices like Alchemy. You must destroy it and kill it's inhabitants,
preferably in a manner that will leave it impossible to trace back to the Cult. We aren't influential enough to be permissive of gathering attention and suspicion.
" The Grandfather finishes, dismissing the Apostles.

Act now, Apostles.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:51:42 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 10:52:54 pm »

Erescal stands, feeling the Lifeblood of the Old Gods course through their veins. Raw, undiluted power.

Secrecy is one of my strong points. I am an agent of chaos and death. I shall glad,y partake in this purge of the unfaithful. Akashir, grant me strength to do thy bidding!

Erescal exits, heeding not the actions if the others. If he comes upon an open street, an alleyway, or some other urban area, he looks for an unwary and unwitting passerby to test his newfound power upon. If he finds a more desolate area, he heads towards Akkerad, on foot.

Akashir... we shall indulge in blood and decay. Like a flame, we together shall reduce heretics to nothing but ash. Decay shall be the fate of all those who oppose us, and even those who do not. I am Faithful. I am your hand, and I shall strike down those you deem unworthy to breathe furthermore.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 07:46:08 pm »

I Head towards the Tavern on foot, When I get there I will Search for some flammable liquid and a cheap glass bottle...
(You can guess where this is going right?)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 08:09:59 pm »

Mortecia stands up, strides out of the room and goes to look for any bums, vagrants or wanderers in a alleyway.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 08:17:55 pm »

Azur walks to the tavern and circles it a few times, trying to be as unobtrusive as possible. He notes any useful information, then goes in and sits down to get a look at the inside.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 08:25:29 pm »

((Man, all of us Akashir servants have the same idea. . . ))

"Gottagobye!!!

Siri rushes out of the building and hails a cab. Once inside she tells the driver to go to a remote part of town. Then, once they have arrived, she slits his throat, takes the money from the cab, and bolts.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2017, 08:30:09 pm »

((Our defining factor is that we're psychopath murders who get rewarded for arson and punished for being kind.  It will be more surprising if we DIDN'T murder people.))

Also, does Akashir take any additional joy from deaths by immolation?
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2017, 08:30:52 pm »

((Our defining factor is that we're psychopath murders who get rewarded for arson and punished for being kind.  It will be more surprising if we DIDN'T murder people.))

Also, does Akashir take any additional joy from deaths by immolation?

Yes. Akashir loves fire.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2017, 08:55:49 pm »

((I meant the "rush to the nearest alley and stab a hobo" plan))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2017, 09:01:46 pm »

(("Even the Arbiters that are in the pockets of the Hermetics disapprove of some of their practices like Alchemy", huh...?))

Valith stays behind a moment to consult the Grandfather, provided he doesn't mind taking questions. "Grandfather. Can you name any of the Arbiters who take these alchemists' coin? Or does their corruption go all the way up to the guard captain?"

If he doesn't know, then I bid him farewell, and leave, following behind John (crazyabe) if possible, since he seems reasonable enough as a fellow Apostle. I then look for rope. Yes, rope. Rope saves lives -- and is also useful for trapping them, by tying doors shut, laying tripwires, or simply whipping people silly. Mmmmfh, papa needs his lash. He needs to get to WORK.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Heresy: A Minimalist RTD About Cults [6/6] Turn 3
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2017, 10:31:48 pm »

Erescal stands, feeling the Lifeblood of the Old Gods course through their veins. Raw, undiluted power.

Secrecy is one of my strong points. I am an agent of chaos and death. I shall glad,y partake in this purge of the unfaithful. Akashir, grant me strength to do thy bidding!

Erescal exits, heeding not the actions if the others. If he comes upon an open street, an alleyway, or some other urban area, he looks for an unwary and unwitting passerby to test his newfound power upon. If he finds a more desolate area, he heads towards Akkerad, on foot.

Akashir... we shall indulge in blood and decay. Like a flame, we together shall reduce heretics to nothing but ash. Decay shall be the fate of all those who oppose us, and even those who do not. I am Faithful. I am your hand, and I shall strike down those you deem unworthy to breathe furthermore.

Erescal exits the Cult Lodge, an abandoned building the Old God's followers use as a meeting. This is very much the slums, and tonight a slight fog has rolled in. The gas lamps make it easier to see through the fog. Erescal scans his surroundings for an desolate area- the entire street may as well be desolate. Aside from the occasional drunkard wobbling aliong the cobblestones, not many people are out tonight in hopes of avoiding being a victim of criminal activity.

Slowly making his way to the closest alley, Erescal wonders just how drunk some of these hobos are. In the alleyway he notices a single lone man in tattered clothes drinking from an almost empty bottle of whiskey.

"Urhhh... Hector. What the hell do you want?" He angrily slurs before taking another drink. "I keep tellin' you, asshole... I don't have yer stinkin' money yet, give me some... time..." The drunk begins to doze off, leaving himself completely vulnerable to whatever Erescal decides to do.

I Head towards the Tavern on foot, When I get there I will Search for some flammable liquid and a cheap glass bottle...
(You can guess where this is going right?)

((Yes, yes I can.))

John Doe decides that arson is currently the best method of spreading cult influence.
He quickly dashes to the tavern at a remarkably fast pace. Reaching it in about 20 minutes, John quickly realizes he really overdid it on the running and falls to his knees out of breath just outside the door. He isn't feeling faint, but his lack of security in his footing delays him as he shakily rises from the ground and stumbles in tremoring like a diabetic that just chugged a bottle of maple syrup. When the barkeep isn't looking, he tries to slip behind the counter and grab one of the bottles of  whiskey. "Hey! Hands off." Narrowly avoiding a vicious right hook, John turns to be eye-to-eye with the bartender. "Heh, pretty fast reaction for a drunk. Next time I won't miss."

John feels as though backing away from this man would be a sin in the eyes of his Patron.

Mortecia stands up, strides out of the room and goes to look for any bums, vagrants or wanderers in a alleyway.

Making her way out of the lodge, Mortecia gets an (admittedly unoriginal) idea for her daily offering.
In a similar manner to Erescal, she finds an alley with not one but two sleeping hobos. A double sacrifice would do more than maintain her status in Akashir's eyes; it may even increase it.

Azur walks to the tavern and circles it a few times, trying to be as unobtrusive as possible. He notes any useful information, then goes in and sits down to get a look at the inside.

Azur makes it to the tavern, but it takes more time than expected.
After circling it a couple of times, he's got the outside of the building all noted up in his head. There aren't many windows, and the ones that are there are rather small. There is a backdoor into an alleyway that could make for a quick exit or a low-profile entrance. Regardless of this, Azur decides to enter through the front and take a seat near the corner. There are a large number of drinkers here, but not so much as to be overwhelming. Over the slight ruckus Azur notices the bartender yelling something about a patron keeping their sticky hands off of something.  Soon he realizing that the patron in question is none other than the sole Steelborn member from the Cult- John Doe. John is staring the bartender right in the eyes, his stoic gaze unwavering even as the bartender throws a punch that is quickly evaded and makes a threat or two.

((Man, all of us Akashir servants have the same idea. . . ))

"Gottagobye!!!

Siri rushes out of the building and hails a cab. Once inside she tells the driver to go to a remote part of town. Then, once they have arrived, she slits his throat, takes the money from the cab, and bolts.

Siri rushes from the lodge and looks for a cab to hail. Unfortunately, they don't usually run at these late hours and especially not in the slums.
After leaning up against a wall and rethinking her plans, she hears the tell-tale sound of an unsheathing blade before feeling a hand over her mouth and a knife at her throat. "Ye better have some money. If not, I might have to settle just fir yer head... heh." This place really is teeming with criminals and vagrants.

Perhaps some magick is in order?

(("Even the Arbiters that are in the pockets of the Hermetics disapprove of some of their practices like Alchemy", huh...?))

Valith stays behind a moment to consult the Grandfather, provided he doesn't mind taking questions. "Grandfather. Can you name any of the Arbiters who take these alchemists' coin? Or does their corruption go all the way up to the guard captain?"

If he doesn't know, then I bid him farewell, and leave, following behind John (crazyabe) if possible, since he seems reasonable enough as a fellow Apostle. I then look for rope. Yes, rope. Rope saves lives -- and is also useful for trapping them, by tying doors shut, laying tripwires, or simply whipping people silly. Mmmmfh, papa needs his lash. He needs to get to WORK.

Valith is the only one to stay behind as the Grandfather starts to clean up. He gets the Grandfather's attention and implores politely, "Grandfather. Can you name any of the Arbiters who take these alchemists' coin? Or does their corruption go all the way up to the guard captain?" The Grandfather smiles a bit, seemingly pleased with Valith's curiosity. "The rotting wound of Hermetic Corruption runs deep indeed, Apostle. Not a single one of the Guardsmen or Arbiters are innocent, the Guardsmen are willing pawns and the Arbiters are their masters- Who, in turn, are puppets of the Hermits."

He turns away and makes a final remark, "Sierris would favor you greatly were you to make a beautiful tapestry of their flesh. Blessed be, Apostle."

Valith lost a lot of his time to keep up with John in the conversation, and although he makes it halfway to the Tavern he loses his balance along the way and falls flat on his face. Momentarily delayed, Valith rises from the ground slightly miffed by his own clumsiness.

Act now, Apostles.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »

Use my new powers (whatever they actually are) to overpower him. After that, drag him a few blocks away, pin him to the ground, quickly puncture his lung so he can't scream, and begin cutting him up. Make it painful

Glory to United Forenia!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2017, 10:46:20 pm »

Let Akashir guide my hand. Find my latent power. Make the first of many sacrifices that are to be in Akashir's name.

You are disgusting. I will grant you the honor of being the first of many who shall die by my hands, and appease Akashir.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2017, 10:58:43 pm »

"Perfect"

Mortecia strides towards the closest bum, flicking her wrist she sends out a gust of burning dust down the their throat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8