Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 33943 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: Vexing
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2017, 02:24:13 pm »

Use mass murder machine on teammates.
Bastien flinches addmitedly a bit of sweat pouring down there face.
Welp get to checking wounds and seeing if I can do anything.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:39:33 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2017, 02:27:34 pm »

For a record, only three bugs jumped down and they are resting in pieces. Fourth remained up in vents.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2017, 03:00:43 pm »

For a record, only three bugs jumped down and they are resting in pieces. Fourth remained up in vents.
Good, we're making sure he stays in the vents
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2017, 06:39:43 pm »

"Dave, how likely is it we'll have to worry about what that voice is saying while we're here? I don't think we have anyone qualified to fix it."

Then, Mr. Prick starts trying to look at his own wounds. "Please let somebody actually qualified look at it..."

Ask above. Check the wounded - do I think the anti-shock meds or medifoam will be needed in any cases?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2017, 09:30:47 pm »

((Technically I suppose you might be able to repair a reactor using Medical if you had the right tools...))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2017, 09:33:08 pm »

((How? That seems more with handiwork or auxiliary systems. I don't think spraying medifoam on it would help :P ))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2017, 09:36:01 pm »

((Med is supposed to help repairing mechanical systems. If it's what you use to repair the generator in someone's suit, I assume you can use it repair a ship's generator.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2017, 09:37:04 pm »

((Fair enough.

...A 1 or 2 would probably still result in trying to spray it with medifoam though.))
Sigtext!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2017, 09:43:18 pm »

((Medifoam is pretty magic, maybe it would work anyway.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2017, 08:10:04 am »

"Serves you right, fucking bugs. I'll go take a look at that reactor chamber, cover me."

Go take a look at that reactor chamber. See how extensive the damage is and wether there's a console to inituate some kind of emergency shutdown or something.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2017, 11:56:33 am »

"What's going on?  Help?"

Regain control of situation?

[End: 5] Despite having good chunk of your legs below knees damaged you grit your teeth and push your face above fire foam. Not that it is very hard considering how low it is spreading. Someone is laying fetal position behind you, Vik is bleeding from his hip, and there's some splats of xeno blood on walls. Situation seems okayish. Mostly.

You can probably crawl around on your own if you really have to, but it's not really something you would want to do.

Fall back to the medic. Continue to shoot at the bugs
"Fuck you Dave! Fuck you Team shooter!"

Medic is only two steps away. You shorten the distance by one step.

Shooting the last living bug (that you are aware of) would require you moving away from medic, so you rather do not do that. Not that you could see it from this point.

"I should have bought DRUUUGS!"

Get up, soldier!

Moving up into Heaven would be nice. You wouldn't turn down Hell either.

((It has been less than two minutes since your poorly executed amp attack, and with the little willpower you have you won't be recovering very soon on your own. Note that my rules about space magic are little harsher than what they originally were, just to make it less overpowered. Fully recovering "mind bullets" will happen only when you go in stasis or in span of few in-game hours. Burning it all out like you did is a bad thing. I still haven't absolutely locked down exact numbers for various magic use so number may move around a bit.

My system is mix of old and new. Amps operate at speed of though and won't have any long lasting effects (usually) and manipulators take time. Especially the thing about manips is that while their actions starts around when user posts, they will be resolved after all other posts. Meaning that you can smash in coordinates in your manip, and before I roll for Uncon situation may have changed drasticly to the point an ally has moved into the spot you are trying to burn down. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, this means manips are bigger team hazard now and amps will disable their user more easily for length of mission. Unless it is very long mission.))

Use mass murder machine on teammates.
Bastien flinches addmitedly a bit of sweat pouring down there face.
Welp get to checking wounds and seeing if I can do anything.

The guy whose legs got roasted haven't yet magically healed, nor has his status gotten measurably worse this quickly either. The one you almost shot seems very angry so you probably shouldn't start poking his wound. And that one dude playing fetus is occasionally mumbling something, so maybe check him.

[Med: 5-1] Nothing wrong with him physically that you can see. These Mk I suits do not have the medical observation system better suits have, so you can't really tell what's wrong with him. Something mental, you reckon. PTSD perhaps?

"Dave, how likely is it we'll have to worry about what that voice is saying while we're here? I don't think we have anyone qualified to fix it."

Then, Mr. Prick starts trying to look at his own wounds. "Please let somebody actually qualified look at it..."

Ask above. Check the wounded - do I think the anti-shock meds or medifoam will be needed in any cases?

> Not very. Reactors tend to be well shielded because they are rather important for spaceships, so all it is telling is that something is damaged. It's just to alert the crew to take necessary precautions. But even in worst case your suits have decent radiation proofing, so no need to worry about it.

Mr. Prick is checking Mr. Fire Starter so you focus on the one actually wounded person you can maybe do something about.

[Med: 5+1] Hmm. This is prime infection site if you have seen one. If not handled quickly the victim will develope very bad infection very soon which will lead to blood poisoning and other very bad things. And fire retardant foam is not good thing to have in wounds either, no matter how minute amounts. You handle the situation decisively and most importantly quickly. You shove your monoatomic razor into the wound exploding chunk of meat out and immediately pour half of your medifoam into the wound completely sealing it and the hole in his suit.

"Serves you right, fucking bugs. I'll go take a look at that reactor chamber, cover me."

Go take a look at that reactor chamber. See how extensive the damage is and wether there's a console to inituate some kind of emergency shutdown or something.

You jog back the door you passed little before things went south. Judging by texts it would take you into more important rooms where you could do something, but it's locked and apparently requires key card or pass code or both or maybe even more. Not just everybody is permitted into reactor chambers. For security reasons.

((Med is supposed to help repairing mechanical systems. If it's what you use to repair the generator in someone's suit, I assume you can use it repair a ship's generator.))

Repairing generator this big would be more aux since it is not any immediate life support. Or more likely handiwork for actual repair job and aux for figuring out what is broken and what you can do about it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2017, 01:15:40 pm »

Well, if my bleedings been stopped and such then just go pick up mister no legs and prop him up on my back, if that fails just drag him
"Someone secure this guy to me, I'll work to carry him...Anyways let's get going."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2017, 01:30:53 pm »

"See?  Teamwork in a... dangerous situation... teamwork is a... thing.  Yeah.  Ouch."

Be the backpack
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2017, 01:22:05 pm »

Well, if my bleedings been stopped and such then just go pick up mister no legs and prop him up on my back, if that fails just drag him
"Someone secure this guy to me, I'll work to carry him...Anyways let's get going."

I should note that Joanna took good chunk of flesh out of you.

[End: 5-1] You heave Filgres on your left shoulder in fireman's carry, taking care to not put too much weight on your injured leg. A cripple carrying another. You two make wonderful pair.

"See?  Teamwork in a... dangerous situation... teamwork is a... thing.  Yeah.  Ouch."

Be the backpack

You won't be throwing any good punches from his shoulders, that's for sure. And make sure you won't break his heat fins while being a backpack.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2017, 01:25:19 pm »

Continue on our  way to where ever the hell we were going when  that started
"Remind me, where are we going?"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16