Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 386512 times)

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #1770 on: May 01, 2017, 06:22:40 pm »

Orders
1 - Attack plains w/ primarily cavalry: Chiefwaffles

Revisions
2 - Antimagic Wasps: Roboson, Chiefwaffles
2 - Statemagically Argumented Cannon Production: Light forger, Azzuro
4 - Simplified frost tower: 10ebbor10, Andres, Andrea, RAM
0-Civil mages:
0-Persistent Flames:

Voting for the option which gives us cheaper HC1-Es. Change my vote to any option which gives us that if needed.

United Forenia Forever!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 01, 2017, 06:34:04 pm »

I really think that magic resistant wasps with an antimagic venom could really cause terror in their camps. Also their camps are full of explosive Moskotovs (I know it's Greek fire, but I just love that name). How are they going to operate their ballistas and and transport explosive casks when their being stung to death by a plague of wasps. If we can get our wasps back into play, it can seriously ruin their day.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 01, 2017, 06:37:37 pm »

I'm voting for cheaper HC1-Es because they're what was explicitly stated to be useful by the theatre commander. We already outrange Moskurg, but we don't have the numbers of HC1-Es to really take advantage of that. Cheaper HC1-Es will help us at both land and sea, too!

United Forenia Forever!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 01, 2017, 06:40:06 pm »

In order to reduce complexity and figure out what just this next revision will be, why doesn't everyone propose just one thing and vote once?
~~~
Am I misunderstanding something, because I interpret that statement as applying to just the previous revision, and not this one. It also has problems if people vote for their own proposals, which I would explain but then I would need to bring out examples and iterations and all sorts of stuff to basically explain that voting for your own proposals usually makes your vote not matter. it is fine for a one-off where things are getting messy, but long term there are much better ways.
If the jungle is dead(We did lower the frost-tower's power, but I guess the artillery made up the difference...) then it should be colder. Jungles are warm at least in part because of there being a jungle. I wouldn't have a clue as to the specifics, but I wouldn't be surprised at a 10 degree drop and would believe a 20 degree(celcius) drop if it happened...
How would a jungle make things hotter? I'm not seeing it. It's more the climate of the area...
It is a thing. Trees can trap heat, they can also store heat, and most importantly, they provide a biological hosting and have their own metabolic processes that all produce heat. It is a big deal. Or, in brief, for the same reason that a jumper makes you warm even though it doesn't produce heat.
I do not think that an assembly line would work. We do not have the equipment to have low-skilled operators. Steam could do it but that would be very technical. We could do an assembly line with skilled labour, but that would reduce their morale. There is only so long that you can spend adding the same bend to an endless series of pipes and stay sane... Also, there may be issues with material transference between operators.
Agreed. Now, a magical assembly line... as in, an automated one... hm. Automation. Can we do that? Create magical factories?
I don't think that we have a basis in telekinesis but, ehh, I suppose we could conjure a custom animal? We already made fictional wasps with fire poison, so I guess a fictional conveyor-sloth, punch-crab, and anvidillo could happen...
I kind of thought that our frost tower was already below national effort...
Sadly, we can't use more than one of it(plus we need Myark to operate it), so it's a national effort. On the plus side, dropping the cost of it will free up Myark to fight on the front lines(or the back lines), which is good.
Verily, I just thought that our previous revision to it dropped it to a pretty low standard and could probably put it in all fields, guess I was wrong, ugh, I should just look it up...
National Effort.
Yep, my bad, it sounded easier but I skimmed too much. We need to get a tower on our flagship so this'll be good...
I actually really like the standardised construction proposal, but I think that we could do the same thing with summoned crystals, assuming that the magic works consistently each time it should produce very similar results, along with faster production due to the easier production and removal of moulds...
A magical factory thing, like a conveyor belt that applies a certain construction spell whenever something passes over it... hm.
~~~
This may be a stupid idea, but can we learn how to conjure uranium?
I, umm, how would we even know about uranium? But I see no pressing reason that conjuring a critical mass of enriched-uranium would not be possible, although whether anyone would live to pass on the knowledge of how to do so...

On that note, I haven't noticed Alms-You-Tricker lately, you think they have a national effort brewing? Maybe there is more to our recent bad rolls than we initially thought...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 01, 2017, 08:14:53 pm »

My two year plan to defeat the enemy. 

Ice Age Tower - plunge the entire continent into an ice age.  Or worse. 

Bio dome - plant growth and heat in a crystal dome.

Destroy everything with us left over.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 01, 2017, 08:46:59 pm »

I don't know why we're wasting a turn on simplifying the frost tower, we have noting else for Myak to do.

EDIT: Not sure if anyone caught on, but Myark is a captain America rip off lol.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:49:09 pm by Roboson »

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 01, 2017, 08:52:16 pm »

Honesty I don't think we have a very good chance turning a NE into a very expense. The wasp they feel like a full on design rather then a revision. All of our commanders are pretty much saying more cannons, hence why I'm supporting that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:55:13 pm by Light forger »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 01, 2017, 09:00:19 pm »

Revision: CO1-AM "Equalizer"
Simply put, the CO1-AM is more so of a revision of both the anti-magic bomb and the standard HCx shell. It can be used with any current cannon, from the HC1 to the HC2-E (if someone feels like losing that day). Mathemagicians have reviewed the poorly thought-out plans for the archaic anti-magic bomb; a fossil of a more primitive non-cannon way of fighting.
However, before the paperwork was to be burned as is standard for mediocre designs, the lead Mathemagician in the room came up with an idea: To adapt the anti-magic bomb to standard shell regulations and make it useful. The mathemagicians got to work!
After a few days, a preliminary design was laid out:
The center of the shell is hollowed out and filled with a crystal very similar to the anti-magic bomb. However, this crystal is intentionally made more stable and somewhere between a cross between the already-known anti-magic charm and the anti-magic bomb. Upon absorbing a large amount of magical energy once entering the vicinity of a filthy Moskurgian mage, the crystal and the shell will explode, raining crystal shrapnel across the area and hopefully causing some amount of damage. But the damage isn't the point here. The crystal, while unstable enough to explode in its "complete" form, separates into uncountable more stable shards. These shards will disrupt and absorb magic in the vicinity. Individually, one shard isn't going to do much and expires after some period of time unlike the anti-magic charm, but the combined shards coming from the explosion of a shell will carpet an area and make it unusable for those smelly Moskurgians to use Lucky Strike or other cowardly spells.

Cannon Ordinance - Anti-Magic "Equalizer"

There. A working anti-magic bomb that utilizes the extreme-range and accuracy of our cannons and counters any enemy spell in the affected areas, including lucky strike.
"How is it a revision?", you may ask. The answer is simple: Ultimately, this is a revision of the shell and the anti-magic bomb. It's just making anti-magic bombs into shell form from arrow form and having them leave still-active anti-magic shards.
Orders

Revisions
1 - CO1-AM "Equalizer": Chiefwaffles
1 - Antimagic Wasps: Roboson
0-Civil mages:
0-Persistent Flames:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:40:06 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 01, 2017, 09:30:07 pm »

I'll support that, though I'm fine with the simplified frost tower if it wins.

Orders

Revisions
1? - CO1-AM "Equalizer": Chiefwaffles, FallacyofUrist
0-Civil mages:
0-Persistent Flames:
Are we allowed to vote for our own proposals?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 01, 2017, 09:38:34 pm »

Orders
1 - Attack Eastern Sea: RAM

Revisions
3 - CO1-AM "Equalizer": Chiefwaffles, FallacyofUrist, RAM
3 - Simplified frost tower: 10ebbor10, Andres, Andrea
0-Civil mages:
0-Persistent Flames:

There is nothing in the rules about voting for your own suggestions, but it is extremely poor form given our current voting scheme.
Am I really going to have to pull out the charts and diagrams?

That said, voting for your own orders is not much of an issue because there is not a limited supply of them.

I really want cheaper frost towers to open up other fronts and to free up Myark, for possible additional uses, a flagship for example...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 01, 2017, 09:51:42 pm »

Orders
1 - Attack Eastern Sea: RAM

Revisions
3 - CO1-AM "Equalizer": Chiefwaffles, FallacyofUrist, RAM
4 - Simplified frost tower: 10ebbor10, Andres, Andrea, voidslayer
0-Civil mages:
0-Persistent Flames:

Simplified frost tower  We should have revised the cannons completely in the design phase or made defenses but we made a crappy boat instead.

Also not voting for your own designs was something someone said they did.  It has never been an issue before for people voting their own thing.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 01, 2017, 10:02:44 pm »

Revision: Minor Towers of Frost [4]

Rather than have one big tower that requires constant maintainance by our Grand Master Wizard and can only be deployed in one theatre at a time, we've instead divided up the spell complexity between several smaller towers.  These smaller towers individually handle a portion of the temperature control, and each one can lower the temperature in an area by a few degrees.  The towers are not quite as tall, but by dividing them up we can scatter them across our front lines to act as bastions of defense.  If one tower falls then the spell is only weakened, not broken.  Each spell requires the constant attention from several trained wizards, but they do not need Grand Master status to control the magic within the spell circles.  Very Expensive.

Please compile your decision for the trader for this year.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 01, 2017, 10:04:00 pm »

Revision: CO1-AM "Equalizer"
Simply put, the CO1-AM is more so of a revision of both the anti-magic bomb and the standard HCx shell. It can be used with any current cannon, from the HC1 to the HC2-E (if someone feels like losing that day). Mathemagicians have reviewed the poorly thought-out plans for the archaic anti-magic bomb; a fossil of a more primitive non-cannon way of fighting.
However, before the paperwork was to be burned as is standard for mediocre designs, the lead Mathemagician in the room came up with an idea: To adapt the anti-magic bomb to standard shell regulations and make it useful. The mathemagicians got to work!
After a few days, a preliminary design was laid out:
The center of the shell is hollowed out and filled with a crystal very similar to the anti-magic bomb. However, this crystal is intentionally made more stable and somewhere between a cross between the already-known anti-magic charm and the anti-magic bomb. Upon absorbing a large amount of magical energy once entering the vicinity of a filthy Moskurgian mage, the crystal and the shell will explode, raining crystal shrapnel across the area and hopefully causing some amount of damage. But the damage isn't the point here. The crystal, while unstable enough to explode in its "complete" form, separates into uncountable more stable shards. These shards will disrupt and absorb magic in the vicinity. Individually, one shard isn't going to do much and expires after some period of time unlike the anti-magic charm, but the combined shards coming from the explosion of a shell will carpet an area and make it unusable for those smelly Moskurgians to use Lucky Strike or other cowardly spells.

Cannon Ordinance - Anti-Magic "Equalizer"

There. A working anti-magic bomb that utilizes the extreme-range and accuracy of our cannons and counters any enemy spell in the affected areas, including lucky strike.
"How is it a revision?", you may ask. The answer is simple: Ultimately, this is a revision of the shell and the anti-magic bomb. It's just making anti-magic bombs into shell form from arrow form and having them leave still-active anti-magic shards.

It could basically just be a revision to shells to allow us to put things in them. But if we're gonna do something like that, we should do:

Frost Shot
The shells of this rifled ammunition have the flash-freeze version of the Tower of Frost spell (used in the failed MK2 design) inscribed on the inside of the shell. This causes the interior or of the shell to build up immense frost magic, which is released when the structure of the ammo is compromised (ie, when it lands). This releases built up ice magic in a frosty explosion, instantly freezing anything and anyone within a few meters.

Orders
2 - Attack plains w/ primarily cavalry: Chiefwaffles, Roboson
2 - Attack Eastern Sea: RAM, Roboson

Revisions
1 - Frost Shot: Roboson
3 - CO1-AM "Equalizer": Chiefwaffles, RallacyofUrist, RAM,
0 - Antimagic Wasps:  (*sigh*)
4 - Simplified frost tower: 10ebbor10, Andres, Andrea, Voidslayer
0-Civil mages:
0-Persistent Flames:

I think frost shot works as a great comprimise between the Equalizer and the Simplified Tower of Frost. It will likely give us better knoewledge of the frost spell and it will allow us to make hollow shells to be filled with all sorts of nasty things later.

Ninja's by the GM.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 01, 2017, 10:11:24 pm »

Robison, frost shot is just a more destructive shell. The tower of frost is used to control an entire battlefield's weather influencing how it plays out. The CO1-AM is there to counter enemy lucky shot WHICH WE STILL HAVEN'T FIXED.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 01, 2017, 10:21:55 pm »

I still say we should give him more axes and teach him how to maintain then.

Orders
2 - Attack plains w/ primarily cavalry: Chiefwaffles, Roboson
2 - Attack Eastern Sea: RAM, Roboson

Trader
1 - Give him more axes, but teach him how to maintain them. FallacyofUrist
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:24:18 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 301