Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199329 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1065 on: April 28, 2017, 11:44:26 am »

@Devastator, I feel like there are several reasons to make the armor cheaper instead of the ballistae

1. It seems to me that the ballistae will be extremely effective even in such few numbers

2. The only reasons that their troops trump ours is because they are so survivable. If we have a comparable level of survivability, we will both outnumber them and outclass them.

3. Only having our officers wear the Elite Lamellar makes them targets. If everyone wears them, not only do the normal foot soldiers get better protection, but it will be harder to single out officers.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 28, 2017, 11:46:34 am »

Hell we could make all our soldiers, wizards and officers look alike since thanks to the teletalk wands we can easily co-ordinate our forces.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 28, 2017, 12:06:07 pm »

I still say we should cheapen the ballista, so that we can deploy one on every ship, and dozens at every battle. But I can see the argument in favour of cheaper armour as well.
Quote from: Votes
Expense
Ballista [2]: Devastator, NUKE9.13
Elite Lamellar [4]: Taricus, Mardent23, S34N1C, Happerry
Long Live United Forenia!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 28, 2017, 12:12:52 pm »

Another thing I just thought of.

Armor is useful in 100% of engagements (except maybe on the ocean), whereas ballistae can't be used in things like skirmishes
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 28, 2017, 01:17:48 pm »

Oh yeah, just one more thing!

Deploy Al-Mutriqa to the mountains to begin assaulting the Arstotzkan positions there

Next turn revising longer ranged teletalk wands and designing galleys should give us a decisive edge at sea.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 28, 2017, 01:27:38 pm »

Maybe not this turn. We really need to contest the jungle this turn. We CAN NOT let them hold it, which means we need every available man to assault the jungle with all they've got, cause I'm certain Arstrokza will do the same.

Glory to United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 28, 2017, 01:31:28 pm »

If we can dislodge them even a little from the mountains we utterly curtail their armour ubiquity; only a THIRD of their troops will have plate armour or chain mail which will prove decisive; our archers can actually hurt shit again. Which will provide the edge to win back the jungle.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 28, 2017, 01:33:50 pm »

If we can dislodge them even a little from the mountains we utterly curtail their armour ubiquity; only a THIRD of their troops will have plate armour or chain mail

This is not the case; they will instead lose a bonus to designing primarily metal components.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 28, 2017, 01:36:33 pm »

How the hell do they have all full plate then?!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 28, 2017, 01:38:36 pm »

They spent several designs and revisions making it and rolled well. The mountain bonus helped make it cheap

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 28, 2017, 01:42:13 pm »

Okay now that's seeming pretty bullshit since the mountain used to just make it cheap via supplies, AFAIK that's what Iituem said.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 28, 2017, 01:55:10 pm »

Okay now that's seeming pretty bullshit since the mountain used to just make it cheap via supplies, AFAIK that's what Iituem said.
It's just like how expense credits make things cheaper permanently. Don't think about it too hard.

We should retake the jungle before they can fortify their position and gain a manpower bonus.
Armor is useful in 100% of engagements (except maybe on the ocean), whereas ballistae can't be used in things like skirmishes
That's a fair point, I suppose. Hmm. I guess not breaking down half the time is sort of like doubling our ballistae anyway. Fine, let's cheapen armour.
Quote from: Votes
Expense
Ballista [1]: Devastator
Elite Lamellar [5]: Taricus, Mardent23, S34N1C, Happerry, NUKE9.13

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 28, 2017, 01:57:53 pm »

Alright, we'll focus on the jungle then. Taking the mountains is something we should do to topple that tower of theirs that's giving us grief everywhere.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 28, 2017, 02:08:36 pm »

Alright, we'll focus on the jungle then. Taking the mountains is something we should do to topple that tower of theirs that's giving us grief everywhere.
I think their tower is in the jungle? The impression I get is that it only affects a single theatre at a time. Which is a good thing, since having them everywhere would be hell.

Another reason to focus on the jungle is that defoliation should be complete this turn, meaning we can deploy larger formations.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 28, 2017, 02:10:07 pm »

It's actually in the mountains, though it only affecting a single theatre makes sense. Should make it easier to kick over.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 217