Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199232 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - 914 Design Phase [Moskurg]
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2017, 05:03:11 pm »

jesus christ, dude

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2017, 05:12:10 pm »

jesus christ, dude
This is war, and one that we need to win quickly if we are to beat the deadline for/of this game.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2017, 05:13:27 pm »

We'll be fine. We won't win by stooping to their level. We have the core thread to bitch in instead :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2017, 05:17:38 pm »

Yeah.  The day we resort to terrorism is the day I defect to Arstotzka.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2017, 05:44:11 pm »

Cowards and traitors, the lot of you.

If you want to waste the lives of more good, loyal Moskurgians in the name of "honor", fine, but just remember that Arstotska will not return this mercy.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2017, 05:46:58 pm »

Don't bother to Listen to ATHATH, he's the guy who Almost drove Shadstyle to Giving up on forum games viva attempting to murder the (only) main character and fuck over the (Very limited) Plot to the best of his abilitys.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2017, 05:49:02 pm »

If you want to waste the lives of more good, loyal Moskurgians in the name of "honor", fine, but just remember that Arstotska will not return this mercy.
We went down the route with Chivalry, we have to uphold and second that order is pretty much suicide. You do know the chance of our spies infiltrating an enemy nation when we're at Total War with them is basically asking for them to kill our spies. Second, that an order so it's even more unlikely because we just essentially saying, "Hey your a spy right?, yeah go immigrate and steal stuff to the people we hate, nothing could go wrong".

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2017, 07:13:36 pm »

Okay, I think we're currently split between horse breeding and the Hammer of Allah.  Both are valid design actions, I just need a tiebreaker to proceed.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2017, 07:15:33 pm »

1) The Hammer of Allah.                    Crazyabe, Kashyyk, evictedSaint, S34N1C
2) Horse Breeding Program.               Nuke
3) Warhammer/Billhook/Warpick.       Taricus

We need to do horse breeding, but I think the Hammer will make a more concrete difference right now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:34:16 pm by evictedSaint »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2017, 07:33:41 pm »

I'm for the Hammer
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2017, 07:38:28 pm »

Ah, missed that.

Hammer of Allah:  [6, 4-1, 4-1]  God is Good, and so is the application of excessive firepower.  By essentially creating a potent, randomised series of updrafts and downdrafts, you create a separation in the clouds similar to those of a natural thunderstorm.  It takes a lot of work to figure this out, and a great deal of buggering about with clouds at random, but after you accidentally kill six apprentices cloud-watching with lightning strikes you think you have it.

It... works.  Skilled wizards within the 'storm rings' that storm strike battlefields can seed lightning into the clouds, even to an acceptably localised area.  Once enough charge has built up, lightning will strike down onto the field more or less at random, but in satisfyingly large amounts.  It is devastating in the melee, where you can target large concentrations of men with minimal spillover to your own forces, but the inability to localise targeting means that this spell is as likely to hit your own troops as your enemy's during a skirmish, so your commanders are unlikely to apply it there.  Very Expensive.

Edit: [If you want to get this to a level where you can lightning bolt assassinate specific commanders, that definitely needs a revision.]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:55:53 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - 916 [Moskurg]
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2017, 07:41:06 pm »

Okay, the obvious choice is to tighten the control of the Hammer, but let's also consider other options.

Revise our spears to have hooks at the end for anti-armor capabilities.

Revise our mindreading to be long-range, so we can get that bonus back.

Revise Gust of Wind to be strong enough to deflect fireballs.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2017, 08:38:48 pm »

Don't bother to Listen to ATHATH, he's the guy who Almost drove Shadstyle to Giving up on forum games viva attempting to murder the (only) main character and fuck over the (Very limited) Plot to the best of his abilitys.
Oi, I only did that first part because the main character tried to kill me first, and I wasn't intentionally trying to do either of the latter two things.

We went down the route with Chivalry, we have to uphold and second that order is pretty much suicide. You do know the chance of our spies infiltrating an enemy nation when we're at Total War with them is basically asking for them to kill our spies. Second, that an order so it's even more unlikely because we just essentially saying, "Hey your a spy right?, yeah go immigrate and steal stuff to the people we hate, nothing could go wrong".
How different are our two countries' ethnicities, actually? Has it ever been defined?  And I suppose that that the "spies" would most likely just be some fanatical soldiers with at least some experience in lying.

But that doesn't matter now, because my idea has been rejected (for now) and I'll respect that decision.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:42:15 pm by ATHATH »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2017, 08:41:35 pm »

We've defined our prisoner policy as Chivalry - we release those who surrender to us unharmed.  It's the noble thing to do, and it lets the enemy know they wont be harmed if they surrender.

Other than that, we've been trying to do The Right Thing.  Arstotzka executes prisoners on a case-by-case basis, but we buy back the ones we can afford to.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2017, 08:55:06 pm »

All I'm saying is that just because we're publicly chivalrous doesn't mean that we have to actually fight with honor, if we play our cards right.

But sure, I'll try playing "the good guys" this time.

Spell Idea: Field of Choking: This spell draws all of the air in an area towards (or away from the mage instead if that takes the same amount of effort to research) the mage that cast it for as long as the mage concentrates on this spell. This includes the air in the lungs of enemies, causing them to lose their breath and potentially choke to unconsciousness/death. New air that enter's this spell's area will be sucked out as well, but force will only be applied to the air affected by this spell for as long as that air remains in the spell's area.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 217