Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: You are a Planet [SG]  (Read 5605 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Planet [SG]
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 02:56:52 pm »

Star system:
J: Trinary system (a-la Alpha Centauri, with a binary orbited by another star) composed of B: Pulsar and H: Blue Supergiant as the primaries and C: White Dwarf as the Proxima-equivalent.

Moon:
Quote from: Ehndras
G: You have several moons, actually(1) gaseous moon-B (2) volcanic moon-E (3) captured body of unknown origin (4) icy moon-F / nearest to farthest in order of distance. Volcanic moon's heat creates the gaseous moon's vapor trail, icy moon is way out in westbumblefark, and an odd captured body floats somewhere just beyond our perception.).

Enemies:
A: Gas Giant
B: Earth-sized rocky planet

Enemy Proximity:
Gas Giant: A: Close and also DOOOOOMED
Earth-size rocky: B: In a stable orbit. Lucky fucker didn't get dragged in with either of us DOOOOOMED ones.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 03:04:50 pm »

Oooh... Blue supergiant, good idea! I hereby support this:

Star system:
J: Trinary system (a-la Alpha Centauri, with a binary orbited by another star) composed of B: Pulsar and H: Blue Supergiant as the primaries and C: White Dwarf as the Proxima-equivalent.

Moon:
G: You have several moons, actually(1) gaseous moon-B (2) volcanic moon-E (3) captured body of unknown origin (4) icy moon-F / nearest to farthest in order of distance. Volcanic moon's heat creates the gaseous moon's vapor trail, icy moon is way out in westbumblefark, and an odd captured body floats somewhere just beyond our perception.).

Enemies:

Enemy Proximity:
Earth-size rocky: B: In a stable orbit. Lucky fucker didn't get dragged in with either of us DOOOOOMED ones.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 03:21:00 pm »

Of course, if we really wanted to go nuts...

Nu Scorpii (AKA Jabbah) in real life is thought to be a septuple star system. A binary, in a binary, with a binary, binaried with a binary one of which is a binary.

So, for absolute bugfuck insanity mode:
A binary pair of white dwarves, binaried with a pulsar, all three of which are binaried with a blue supergiant, all four of which are binaried with a quasar (supermassive black hole, anyone?) that is binaried with a binary pair composed of a yellow and a red dwarf.

We orbit the Blue Supergiant.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:30:06 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 03:47:24 pm »

D: A brown dwarf: For the genetically insensitive humour.
G: You have several moons, actually(Two blocks of ice, a rock, and a weird ring that goes al the way around us).

Your enemy is...
B: Supermassive Rocky Planet
B: Some distance away. A stable orbit.
And...
D: Dwarf Planet

Like some sort of horrid comedy duo, just sitting out there being smug together.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 04:03:41 pm »

Ah, good ol' Jabbah. That'd likely be too over the top for people to keep up with. Its a suggestion game, after all.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 04:44:17 pm »

D: A brown dwarf: For the genetically insensitive humour.
G: You have several moons, actually(Two blocks of ice, a rock, and a weird ring that goes al the way around us).

Your enemy is...
B: Supermassive Rocky Planet
And...
D: Dwarf Planet

Like some sort of horrid comedy duo, just sitting out there being smug together.
Agreeing with RAM here, +1
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 10:21:10 am »

I think we have a tie between RAM and Pyrodesu's suggestions.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 07:27:39 pm »

Oooh... Blue supergiant, good idea! I hereby support this:

Star system:

Moon:

Enemies:

Enemy Proximity:
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 12:45:03 pm »

Tow pages and only discussing planet design.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 03:22:57 pm »

We don't even know if we can eat other planets yet...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 03:58:44 pm »

I was thinking interstellar war to be honest.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 01:53:51 pm »

I think that's consensus. Or rather, a tiebreaker, but that's all I needed.
~~~
Silly you. You orbit not one, but three stars! One massive blue supergiant and a pulsar paired together, with a white dwarf moving around them.

You have four moons! The closest to you is gaseous, the second closest is volcanic, and the furthest is an icy moon. You know you have a third moon, but you can't quite tell what it is. Odd.

Oh yes, your foes. One being a gas giant who's basically sharing an orbit with you. You do feel some solidarity with him... but he has so many more moons than you! Seven! Seven bloody moons! For goodness' sake!

The other, however, you loathe. She's a rocky planet in a stable orbit. This cannot stand.

It's not like you can do anything, though. You're just a planet. All you have is your mind.

Which you shouldn't even have, actually. Something's definitely odd. You're thinking. How are you thinking? What is the source of this?!

A: ?!? (write in)(will have great influence in special abilities in future)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 03:06:32 pm »

the incredibly heated and various silicon compounds that make up your surface is actually your "mind",  working in such a self-supporting manner that sentient life is made, particularly in the great big purple molten substrate zones, that hold a geometric and crystalline pattern that shifts every second.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 05:03:10 pm »

How should I know? I was just chasing after your ugly pig of a partner, dreaming about having his moons, but mostly just feeling bored, there hadn't been so much as an asteroid in the past hundred orbits, when you suddenly realised that you were bored, which was wholly incongruent with what you know of planets. Which really isn't much... If you really concentrate you get a vague feel of your molten centre, but that feels super uncomfortable and freaky and like you might break something vital, so you probably just randomly started thinking with your gooey insides?
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 10:53:39 pm »

the incredibly heated and various silicon compounds that make up your surface is actually your "mind",  working in such a self-supporting manner that sentient life is made, particularly in the great big purple molten substrate zones, that hold a geometric and crystalline pattern that shifts every second.
+1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5