Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223811 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Being Yuki Is Suffering
« Reply #3540 on: September 28, 2019, 10:54:32 am »

Shef sighed, accepting the circumstances for what they were. It wasn't really a surprise at this point.

"Let's get this over with then." As he was carried, Shef began caching a new supply of portals.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3541 on: September 28, 2019, 11:52:33 am »

"I don't know. Minato said he didn't know, he . . . I guess he didn't believe me, or I never said I thought the things I saw were real. As for Kouta, I just. . . Foster care was killing him. It was killing me. We ran off to Sendo and I worked after school and on the weekends to rent out an apartment."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:33:08 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: September 28, 2019, 08:24:57 pm »

Noriko
"Oh, that must hurt. Um, this might be out of line, but couldn't be have done a test? Sorry, I don't really know how this works back on Earth, everyone's Awakened over here. You, must have worked really hard right? I heard the cost of living is much higher over there. ...The killing him wasn't literal right?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:38:04 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Citium School of Ass Beating
« Reply #3543 on: September 29, 2019, 05:00:34 am »

Faith
You try in order:
  • True Coffee: Like coffee flavored ice-cream but it encaptures the whole coffee experience a lot better with a layered construction consisting of a foamy exterior lightly dusted with chocolate and a denser coffee interior. Though the ice-cream itself is cold it emits the rich aroma of hot coffee.
  • Ignian Cookie Dough: It's like regular cookie dough ice-cream, but the cookie dough cooks itself and soaks up the vanilla ice-cream before uncooking itself and releasing it, this process happens in uneven patches giving it a unique consistency.
  • Rehardening Vanilla: So it's vanilla ice-cream but whenever you take a bite out of it, the exposed icecream hardens and puffs out into a nice crunchy exterior so that every bite has that nice satisfying crunch.
  • Foxfire Delight: Sort of like chili chocolate except instead of chili it's actual fire with some globs of what are best described as flavored napalm, all of which feel very very hot despite not actually being able to burn you. Thankfully the cool chocolate icecream quickly neutralizes the heat.
  • Liquid Delirium: An energetic substance that ebbs and flows with fresh cream flowing through its roiling coils. Its exact physical properties seem to alter as you eat it as if pre-programmed in some manner. Its flavor is pretty simple but in an elegant and efficient way, though you do feel like something is watching you.
  • Nolstalgia: Shockingly mundane in flavor. It tastes exactly like an ice-cream you had a long time ago, back when your father gave a damn. Those were happier times, you can almost feel the hot Miami sun and taste the hints of sea spray...
  • Ephemeral Bliss: It tastes amazing. It tastes like the best thing you've ever tasted, but it's fleeting, oh so fleeting, the moment it leaves your tongue you can't even remember the taste, leaving you feeling almost a little empty.
  • Astral Storm: A chilled swirling mass of energy with a texture closer to a dense gas than a solid, the flavor is indescribable though not unpleasant either, with the intricate hints in it changing with its turbulence and discharges of energy sending jolts of flavor tingling into your tongue.
  • Air Conditioning: Utterly flavorless and insubstantial, but while eating it you feel the cold wind of an air conditioner blowing down on you, and it actually does seem to cool you down.
  • Beethoven's 3π + 9ith in Anarcho-Republican Green: It tastes like nothing you've ever tasted before. Guess this is what Beethoven's 3π + 9ith in Anarcho-Republican Green tastes like, whatever the hell Beethoven's 3π + 9ith in Anarcho-Republican Green is.
Faith had expected strange flavors, but it got to the point where... well... she couldn't possibly have predicted it.

True Coffee:
This was good! Faith really liked this. This was the kind of thing she'd buy as more than a weird little novelty. It was just objectively better than mundane ice cream.

Ignian Cookie Dough:
WHOA! Holy cow. That's really, really, really, really good. Faith was stunned by this. She'd totally buy, like, tubs of this stuff, and inevitably binge them at some low point. Wow. It was exactly the kind of horrifically unhealthy stuff she loved in the first place, but then made into this wonderful double-dessert power mixture.

Rehardening Villa:
Ehhh... this was okay? It was honestly a bit of a letdown, she preferred vanilla ice cream when it was nice and soft and creamy, like French Vanilla stuff.

Foxfire Delight:
AAAHHHHHHH GOD FUCK OW OW ow ow ow that wasn't very pleasant at all! She knew crazy people that would LOVE that sort of thing, sure, but not her. Ouch! People who went for that ultra spicy stuff were strange, let alone literally hot stuff.

Liquid Delirium:
Faith was not very sure what to think about this one. The flavor and shifting was weird, but actually quite pleasant and an overall almost artistic experience, but the vague sense of paranoia that seemed to come with it wasn't something Faith liked. This was getting weird.

Nostalgia:
Oh God, what the fuck, Faith nearly cried. Was that what this did, inspired strong nostalgia and tasted like old memories? Faith really didn't want to get into old memories, not when the taste of what had been sweet in her younger life was always going to be twisted and darkened by the years of bullying and abuse that she'd suffered. Maybe it would be nicer for other people, but her own past had been bad enough that she'd come here to escape it, and this definitely ruined her groove enough that it took her a few moments to continue on.

Ephemeral Bliss:
Sitting there stunned at the loss of the most incredible sensation of her life, Faith really was just getting disturbed. Was this drugs? It was an awful lot like drugs, probably. Ummm?

Astral Storm:
This was super weird, but it was actually a lot more mundane compared to some of the previous things, considering the lack of emotional manipulation. It actually wasn't that remarkable to Faith at this point, which was WEIRD.

Air Conditioning:
Haha, what? This was harmless, but actually kind of cute. She wouldn't buy it or anything, but it was kind of a funny little novelty.

Beethoven's 3π + 9ith in Anarcho-Republican Green:
After staring into the distance for several moments, Faith decided she was done.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3544 on: September 29, 2019, 02:12:07 pm »

"I wasn't about to let it be literal. It wasn't a good place." She shrugged. "I don't know if there was a test, or something. All he really would have had to do was ask if I saw that thing over there, but I guess that was too much effort." Noriko surprised herself with her own vehemence. "He's. . . Minato isn't a bad guy, I just. . ." She trailed off, unsure of where she was going.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: September 29, 2019, 02:52:26 pm »

Yuki felt kind of awkward in all honesty. Was what she'd seen that bad? She didn't think it was that bad...

"<...Well, I appreciate the thought? I like ice cream... are you ok?>"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: September 29, 2019, 07:24:14 pm »

Faith
The man behind the counter walks on over with a jaunty wave.
"<Pardon me mein Fraulein, but are you okay? You did not look well.>"

Wait, what does he mean by... oh right, the Nostalgia.

Noriko
"But it, hurts, I understand. Have you talked to him about it? Actually... have you spoken to a therapist about this? An Awakened one I mean, it sounds like you've had it really rough."

Yuki
"<I should be asking you that! That was terrible! I can't believe...>" she gets up a little bit from her seat as if she's about to go on a whole spiel. Her words fail her however and she soon deflates back into her chair.
"<Ugh, let's just start from the top... Hi, my name is Maria Klein.>"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:31:21 pm by Empiricist »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3547 on: September 29, 2019, 10:23:23 pm »

"I don't talk to therapists." The reply was quick, vehement, almost instinctive, and Noriko flinched at her own reaction. "I'm. . . You know, it hasn't, gone well, in the past. I never considered it." She sighed again, something that seemed to be becoming a habit. "I did talk to Minato about it. I guess I'm just not over it yet. He said he made a mistake, he said he was sorry, but he knew. And all he said was that he thought it might make things worse if I was actually crazy, like he couldn't have just pointed at something and asked me if I saw it." Noriko looked down as she fell silent again; it wasn't clear whether she had actually run out of things to say on the topic or was feebly trying to get her emotions back under control.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: September 30, 2019, 02:08:20 am »

Noriko
There's a period of silence before at last Patricija glides on over and gives you a light hug. In essence, the "I don't know what the fuck to say" maneuver of these kinds of conversations.

Eventually, eventually, she speaks "Do you like being Awakened?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: September 30, 2019, 07:42:58 am »

Shef
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Eurodance thunders through Canan's speakers, neon burns in her wake. Your ride is rough, bumpy, a sudden acceleration up the ramp, a ballistic flight through the air and then a heavy splash into the water. Canan bobs up, her boots keeping her above water, keeping he moving, skating across the water at high speed parallel to the tracks. You see the lady in red running ahead of you, her two illusions in tow. You're gaining on her rapidly. Out of the corner of your her eye she sees you two. No way but forward or back. Not unless she can run on water too. Looks doubtful. She shoves the illusory Yuki at you and just keeps running. She won't outrun you.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:55:01 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: September 30, 2019, 07:52:28 am »

Presumably the projection would do something, Shef simply wasn't sure what.

Expulser [3] on the projectionist, try to knock them into the water, a couple regular rounds on the projection.
[6] 6 6 2 6 1 5 1 [2+1] 2
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: October 01, 2019, 02:08:56 am »

"Huh?" Faith's brief moment of confusion was replaced with an eventual sigh, and then a shrug at the evidently German man. "Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a, uh... a weird emotional effect thing from one of those magic ice creams. I dunno, I guess I did kind of sign up for those exotic kinds of magic ice cream, but I admit that I didn't expect ones that directly messed with my emotional state."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3552 on: October 01, 2019, 06:50:39 pm »

Noriko didn't quite know how to react on being hugged. It took her a moment to react, but after that point she seemed to cling to Patricija far too much. It took her a bit to compose herself enough to respond to her question properly. "I think so. I mean, I know I'm not crazy, and I actually have free time now. Granted, now I know that all of those horrible monsters are actually real and could just sweep my step brother off of the street and do who knows what to him. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: October 01, 2019, 11:22:19 pm »

Faith
((Assuming this was in English.))
"<Exo- Ah, ja, ja, nostalgia can trigger such things. I take it then mein fraulein that you are from the old world?>"

Noriko
"Makes sense to me, everyone's Awakened here so I was curious. I guess... you'll need to make sure he sticks to safe places? They won't attack in broad daylight right?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: October 02, 2019, 03:54:28 am »

"<...I guess you should probably, like. . . not put that one in mystery ice cream sets. It's something that'll affect some people differently than others, and can be real bad. And, uh, yeah, I'm from Earth.>"
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 285