Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223812 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Being Yuki Is Suffering
« Reply #3525 on: September 25, 2019, 05:44:53 pm »

"It's just. . . I don't know how much you know about Earth -" other than "not much" "- or how much I told you last night, but. . . well, life hasn't really been that easy up until this point. People thought - think, still, really - that I was insane ever since I was little, because I could always see the Aramitama and everything else magical. So it's. . . been hard."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: September 25, 2019, 05:49:45 pm »

Noriko
"Oh... I didn't know that was possible. I'm sorry to hear. That sounds terrifyingly, and kind of dangerous too. You, didn't say much about really personal things like that last night. Just that you live with Kouta, who's not related, and you're recently moved into a Sanctuary."
So far so good, she hasn't asked about the Emu War or the AFL just yet.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: September 26, 2019, 07:47:54 pm »

Oh.

Oh.

"<...I'll go for ice cream with you if you never tell anyone about that. That's my business and it's mine to tell or not tell.>" Yuki said, suddenly uncharacteristically serious.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:51:28 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: September 26, 2019, 08:50:44 pm »

Yuki
"<Oh sorry! This must be a really sensitive thing for you! I didn't mean to pry, I swear! I was just trying to do my attack but then it all came flooding out and... oh it's so terrible! I promise I won't tell anyone!>"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: September 27, 2019, 12:54:07 am »

Minato smirks beneath his helmet, despite the dull, throbbing pain from mere moments ago, despite being technically outmatched.

He knew, exactly, what he needed to do now, but he was going to need a few moments to line it up. For one, he would need far more weapons than he had right this instant, and for two, he didn't want to give away that he'd figured out his enemy's trick, not yet.

Better to keep playing the cocky fool who happened to have an occasionally good insight, as opposed to the cunning knight who'd just figured out the winning play. He had to know if he had any more tricks up his sleeve; the multiplying, the stone skin, the jumping. Son Goku, as Minato likely knew him, was overpowered even by the standards of mythology, and Minato wasn't about to risk everything just because he knew his enemy's weaknesses because he was starting to figure out what he was up against.

All Minato had to do was line up everything perfectly. The best laid plans always went wrong, but Minato could manage. It wasn't like everything hadn't gone completely wrong before, and it wasn't like Minato couldn't deal if it did. All Minato had to do now was pull this off.

Gate of the Grand Arsenal, to fill Minato's arsenal up; can't surround yourself in explosions if you hadn't the tools to do so, and can't fire a bow if you hadn't the ammunition. Prep another healing potion, just in case. As the halberd crashes down onto Minato, Minato immediately uses one newly summoned weapon to blast himself out of the way, stripping off his jacket in such a way as it seems unintentional, letting the jacket get caught in the explosion to blow dust into the Bodhisattva's eyes.
[[5] 4 6 1 4 [5] 5 4 6 4]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: September 27, 2019, 11:43:10 pm »

Shef
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Spin and Burst]

You portal the Attorney upside down and immediately snap open another cache in reaction to the kunai sending them slamming right into the guy's chest. Looks like that hurt. Maybe, you'll need a good baseline to compare it to. What better one than your RAM? Hmm, looks like the RAM still hits harder, though the kunai are still enough to pose a potential threat to you. With that in mind you snap open a second cache as a second volley bursts out from another angle. Then you put a bullet right into the Attorney's eyehole. It would appear that the guy's main defensive assets consist of durability and sheer overwhelming pressure. Neither of which helped him out here, neither of which could prevent his bleeding head wound. You weave up your enchantment letting it layer up itself just how Stella instructed you an with a roaring BRRRRT the new expulser round detonates, an explosive wrecking ball of force that smashes a gaping hole in the front of the fort and pulverizing its way out the back. Fading smoke billows from its depths.

The Attorney's fist slams into the ground. Ripples spread over his visage, like waves rippling through a reflection of a lake. The wound is gone.

"<I DEMAND RETRIAL!>"

Healing magic? No, that wouldn't let him stay in a duel. The moment you drew blood he was "dead" for the purposes of the duel. That's how it works normally. Meaning, for him to continue, it would have to be something else entirely, something that could defy death. Reality alteration you surmise, he made it so that the wound never happened. It just, didn't count. No "death", no loss.

"<I call my first witness>"

He's behind you again. This time he's not alone. The Unflappable Shinobi makes his close range debut, irises glowing red. You spy a thin ring around each of his pupils, a tomoe marked upon it.

"<Earth Release - Mud Wall>"

Righto, so a wide wall of earth of rising up in front of you. You'd imagine your foes are about to crash through with the Shinobi readying to cover any attempts to disengage with those kunai of him.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Minato

[Now Playing: Kings]

Halberd comes crashing down but you catch the shaft against Gandiva, twisting to guide the blow down and away from your body. You slide one hand off, conjuring a dagger as you move to deliver your riposte. The Bodhisattva's fast however they shift backwards to delay your stab and- SHIT! That damn jacket! It's caught on the halberd! Shit shit shit, you can't move, not fast enough with your foe's beam about to fire. You run your blade across the jacket and detonate it, blasting you back, your torn jacket left stuck to the halberd. You loose your arrow right before you hit the ground, but well, to be honest, you're more of a fencer really. You've only really just gotten this fiery bow and it's not exactly easy hitting a moving target when you've just been blasted backwards. You miss. Arrow goes short, ignites the jacket and manages little else. The ricocheting beam blows past your head.

Huh, that missed? It's almost as if those laser eyes can't handle smoke too well. It's almost as if you planned this right from the start, but nah, that'd be overthinking it, right? It's just a lucky coincidence, right?

Five new forgeries flash into existence behind you. Another healing potion loads into your suit's autoinjectors.

The earth next to the Bodhisvatta explodes upwards and a stone cylinder slots into its left shoulder slot, quickly shifting into the shape of an arm and twisting into metal. At the same time a porcelain vase explodes up from the ground and it strikes it with an open palm. You can see the force of the impact ripple through it, you can see the cracks beginning to form, not at where they struck it but at the side opposite it, the side opposite you. You can see the water, and you can tell it is Guanyin's vase. Or at least, a watered down simulacrum thereof.

Which means that it contains a massive amount of water, a massive amount of water that is probably about to explode out at you very soon, half shotgun blast, half sledgehammer blow.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:56:20 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: September 28, 2019, 01:05:51 am »

Shef found himself overflowing with perhaps unjustified irritation. So this guy could just undo removal? He needed a "witness" it sounded like at least.

Alternatively, Shef considered, if he man wasn't able to move, think, or otherwise perform the spell, that might be simpler to enact. Could he shoot these people a bit more without killing them after first blood? Probably not. But if he could send off his attacks before the enemy began to bleed, maybe he could pull it off? Alternatively he could make the justification that since his enemy was casting a spell after first blood had been drawn from Shef's perspective, it was really justifiable self defense to m--deal with this guy how he saw fit. Maybe.

Expulser on the wall immediately, use the cached portal if necessary to block the attorney. Be prepared for the blindspot strike, but ideally if the knockback hits anyone ready to crash through the wall, follow up with regular shots . If they're being tricksy and not going to get shot by this plan, snap reaction requiem on the crowd to reproject their illusions. Otherwise we'll deal with this next turn.

[5] 5 6 6 6 6 5 2 6 [3]
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: September 28, 2019, 01:45:34 am »

Shef

Your round tears through the middle of the wall and blasts the Inimical Attorney backwards, and then, the Unflappable Attorney is upon you. Seems like it's not just the kunai that can go through those walls, he dashed through the side section for a flank. You quickly portal him away and with a casual adjustment of your glasses shout your demand at the crowd. Most just look confused. A man in grey flinches however and you see your doppelgangers reappear at his side.

The Attorney rolls to a halt, staggering upright.
"<Those damn portals... Canan! Get ready! Let Maria stall the girl.>"

The catgirl in question pokes her head out of the massive hole in the fort.
"<About that... they've left.>"
"<What?>"
"<Well... Maria was crying and started dragging her away. I think she didn't like what she saw.>"

The smoke begins to clear and sure enough in the distance you can see the sobbing commandant dragging Yuki away for, something or other.

"<...Again?>"
"<Aww come on! I even got all fired up and everything!>"

The Inimical Attorney... seems a lot less inimical now, he kinda just slouching forwards. The knockback round would've staggered him pretty bad sure, but well, the guy's heart doesn't really seem to be in it anymore. Actually he doesn't seem to even be attacking right now. In other words he's just a sitting duck.

The Shinobi kinda just shrugs and stares into your eyes. You notice that you've subconsciously started moving to point your gun at your own head. So, he has that power too eh? The poor fucking bastard won't know what's about to hit him.

The man in grey makes a run for it.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: September 28, 2019, 06:19:57 am »

One of the enemies dragging Yuki away? Shef, while he heard the conversation, did not feel much need for mercy. The illusionist was there as well.

Too much stuff to deal with, but these enemies seemed more than a little put out. For the sake of formality, Shef ooened a portal through which to send one shot at this "Maria". Not likeoy to dodge if neither she nor her team knew it was ained at her.

From there, he casually began firing on the fleeing illusionist. There wasn't much point in revealing them if they just escaped and cast a new illusion, though Shef wasn't sure they even could.

Shoot Maria for formality, portal assisted so most of her team don't know Shef is doing this. Requiem the shinobi to stop and explain what their ploy is, why they've seemed to stop. Fire some regular shots and a manipulator at the fleeing illusionist.
 [5] 6 6 6 6 5 2 6 1 [5]
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: September 28, 2019, 07:58:40 am »

Shef

Your arm stops and you just Requiem the guy right back. He proves far less resistent and immediately finds himself spilling his guts. Figuratively, for now at least.

"<I was hoping you'd shoot yourself.>"
Okay? But beyond that, what they were plotting?
"<No, that's about it.>"
But Baghead! But the sudden shift!
"<He was mostly just angry at your co-instructor, she's caused a lot of problems for our legal system. Guess he's not really just not that motivated if it's just against you.>"
...Wow okay.

Uh... You guess you'll just shoot the man in grey? Hmm, he's cleared a decent distance and you'll have to fire through the crowd, but, just steady your aim and... BANG! you catch him square in the back. There's a crackle of lightning and blast of plasma and they keep on running, their visage burning away to reveal the lady in red. That was a shielding unit not a native ability. Protects against a single attack using a high power electric discharge. Guess you're not the only one coming in prepared. You lose visual on them, but the curse has marked them and you can track them now. Question is, can you keep up.

"<So... It looks like you've got some business with that lady. I think we could help you, if you'll help us of course.>"

Yuki
Right, so a portal just opens up right beside you a fifty cal slug rips through Maria's chest. Her bracelet kicks in and heals her before setting up a barrier.

Well, that was a thing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 08:04:55 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: September 28, 2019, 08:08:18 am »

"<I meant what's up with one of your team just leaving in the middle of a fight.>" Shef clarified.

"<But, what are your terms? Would not be opposed to a deal.>"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: September 28, 2019, 08:11:35 am »

Shef
"<Well, she's got this pretty powerful spell that attacks people's minds, but sometimes she sees something really bad in it and feels sorry for her opponent. I think that happened just now. As for our terms, that depends, do you want to chase them or are they only your enemy? I can help you chase her down if you'll agree to a handicap.>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: September 28, 2019, 08:15:31 am »

"<Got it>" Filed away for later.

"<I'll agree to a reasonable handicap decided between us. Catching up would be useful. Previously, others challenging her would be acceptable, dunno about now. Catching up should be enough.>"

"<She's being tracked.>"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3538 on: September 28, 2019, 10:01:52 am »

Noriko nods. "I only knew I wasn't crazy because he could see it all, too. That's why we ended up living together. We're not related, he's not actually my brother, it just sorta worked out that we acted that way towards each other. It was. . . hard to find other people like that. And then the one person I know that could have told me didn't. He had his reasons but he didn't." Noriko rubbed at her eyes a bit. The wind must have been irritating them, or something. "I just wanted, you know, to be. . . maybe not even normal, I'm not some stupid manga character that's going to complain about having magic and crap now, but it would have been nice to not be a freak."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: September 28, 2019, 10:27:07 am »

Yuki
The ice cream parlor is trendy, uptown, more so than any ice cream parlor has any right being. The tables are mahogany, the drapes a luxurious red velvet, a repeating fleur de lis pattern lines the walls neath paintings and rustic light fixtures inspired by the gas lamps of old London town. The man behind the counter addresses the crying commandant. Few words are spoken, and what was is done so in German. You think you heard a name, Maria, the commandant's? A mutual friend's? It's impossible to tell, still his gesture is hard to mistake - in that room.

Trendy. Uptown. The room you find yourself is neither. It was once a supply closet you think, a judgement you make based on the door and the faint scent of citrus. It's been converted since. As much as the budget allowed for anyways. The spacial expansion spell is, wonky, to say the least. Room's larger than it should be, but you almost trip on the way in when one step sends you forwards at five times the distance. Still the spacial aberration settles down further into the room. The walls here are a dull beige, the faint flicker at the very edges tells you that this is probably what all the walls here look like, underneath the illusions. What it lacks in furnishings they've tried to compensate with some posters, music related for the most part. Pressed against the window is a wooden table with bean bag seats on either side of it, you're guessing that window's an illusion too, or some kinda screen - it wouldn't be showing the outside from its position.

It's a far cry for the fancy exterior but it feels almost comforting in a way, it doesn't feel like a restaurant it feels like someone's home.

The commandant hands you a menu tablet.

"<I... I won't pry. But at the very least, I'd like to do something to make you feel better. Even if it doesn't last.>"

She tries to smile. Tries being the key word here. She's a soldier not a shrink and it shows.

Meanwhile, in Maria Klein's Head
“...It’s a little dangerous though. The job I mean. Like, life threatening. I could die. You don’t have a problem with that, do you?” Yuki said, pushing her chair out. “It’s fine, right?” She was standing. “You don’t care, right!?”
“...It’s a little dangerous though. The job I mean. Like, life threatening. I could die. You don’t have a problem with that, do you?”
“You don’t care, right!?”
“I could die. You don’t have a problem with that, do you?”
“I could die.”

Shef
"<Fine by me. Andreaz, a ramp please.>"
"<On it.>"

Right so the shinobi just magically summons more walls to etrude from the ground, except in this case they're at a 45 degree angle and definitely shouldn't be self supporting. The skirmisher (the attorney called her Canan right?) readies herself holding out her arms expectantly as if thinking you'd be doing all this in a bridal carry.

Oh, that's exactly what she's expecting, isn't it?

Noriko
"You two must have gone through a lot, um, if you don't mind me asking, how did you two end up living together? Finance-wise I mean, and why didn't that someone tell you?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 10:33:34 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 285