Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 223326 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Lowering the Bar
« Reply #1380 on: February 16, 2018, 10:31:58 pm »

Yuki and Noriko
"What does it look like I'm doing?"
"Don't mind her, she's just slacking off, as usual."
"Hey I get everything done eventually don't I?"
"Eventually. The name's Vendelin, and this good-for-nothing maid here is-"
"Fleurette!"
"Everyone just calls her Fleur though. So you're the new hires then? How you findin' the place so far?"

Shef
"Wow you must be fun at parties, I'm Evi, it's nice to meet you regardless. How are liking your stay here?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 17, 2018, 10:07:10 am »

Shef turned away from the wall to face Evi, and held out his hand to shake. "Nice to meet you too. Didn't really know if we were supposed to show our party selves as servants in the manor. Regardless, you're probably right." In her sarcasm, not in literally saying he'd be fun at parties.

"My stay? . . . Last hour has been perfectly satisfactory."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 17, 2018, 10:10:33 am »

Minato, meanwhile, gravitates towards wherever the rest area for the servants might be, perhaps to do a little social reconnaissance. Maybe he could get some information out from people who'd been here longer.

This really, really wasn't his area of expertise. He couldn't really wait for the moment they could get back to kicking the ass of an Aramitama, an activity Minato was well familiar with.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 17, 2018, 10:19:40 am »

"Oh, hey, uh, Aiko, what are you up to?" Her eyes flicked toward the not-a-manga. . . and quickly flicked away. "And, um, you two as well. Sorry, I'm new here."
Aiko who- ooooh right, cover stories, Yuki thought. Alrighty then! Be... Aiko... be... Aiko... "Nothin' much. Just finished most of my daily duties is all, so I was wonderin' if ah could get ta know the other workers." Nailed it! Nobody expects the fake accent! Yuki/"Aiko" thought she was doing this country bumpkin schtick pretty well! She should be careful not to go too deep in the cover or she'll start thinking she's really that person like in all those deep-cover spy movies. That was accurate to reality right? Right. She turned on the other servants in the room. "Nice ta meet y'all! Aiko Satou, at yer service. Or well, the boss' service I guess is more accurate." she said cheerfully, doing a... she can't seem to decide between a bow and curtsy, so she sort of does a mixture thereof.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 17, 2018, 06:59:13 pm »

Shef
"Pfft, like Mary cares about that sorta thing! No one even comes here that often anyway. So, where've you been already? Don't tell me you went straight for basement! ...Unless you were hoping for a wine cellar~?"

Minato
There, doesn't seem to be any specific rest area so much as it seems that people just lounge around wherever like it's their own home. The servant nearest to you right now is the butler sitting on one of the couches having a sip of water.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1385 on: February 17, 2018, 08:40:55 pm »

"It's a bit bigger than the places I'm used to." It was true; the largest place she was used to cleaning was a maid cafe. She wondered if any of the staff had ever worked at one, what they thought. Not that she particularly wanted to find out; if she had to take bets, it would be on them believing in the awful stereotypes of their choice. "I'm Fuuri Noriko, by the way."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 17, 2018, 09:26:23 pm »

Oh. Shit. He probably should have gotten a bit more info from a head of staff, or from Winter and Enn, about what level of formality was expected.

Yes, I started in the basement. Not looking for a wine cellar though. The instructions about familiarizing ourselves with the place were a bit unclear. Just thought I'd tour the place, starting at the bottom, then working my way up"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:51:28 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 17, 2018, 10:24:58 pm »

Yuki and Noriko
"So you say, well Fuuri, make yourself at home, you'll get into the swing of things eventually, besides I hear you newbies don't have much of a quota this week."
"Lucky."

Shef
"Well I got time, you want a tour or something? Show you the ropes?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 17, 2018, 10:44:07 pm »

"Sure. That'd be great, actually. That mean the workload here is usually pretty light then?"

Shef made ready to follow the maid. He blinked twice, eye itching a bit from the contacts.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 18, 2018, 01:00:47 am »

Faith decides to actually familiarize herself with the mansion, and what she does is just start wandering the hallways to get a mental map to go along with her pager's map, and so she can see what they're like in case she ends up having to fire magical beams down them or something.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 19, 2018, 08:40:51 am »

Minato approaches the butler, clearing his throat and dusting his collar to make himself look like a nervous new hire. It wasn't entirely untrue; he was indeed nervous. But he'd handled worse.

"Say, uh, you new around here? Place is pretty big; even with the map I kinda get lost around here."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 19, 2018, 05:46:15 pm »

"Oh, oh, forgot ta introduce myself. I'm Aiko Satou! Nice ta meet'cha, hope we can work together." Yuki/"Aiko" said cheerfully, "Real considerate of the bosses ta give us that sorta time. Last place I worked woulda just had us doin' it all first day! They do that for everyone? Seem like nice folk."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 19, 2018, 06:19:08 pm »

Shef
"Yeah, we're pretty much overstaffed for the job at all times, there's never anyone over here anyway so it's really just to keep Mary company. Anyway, let's head off to the garden first, it's pretty and you like bugs."

Faith
The halls are of decent but not excessive length. Long enough as to not feel claustrophobic, short enough to not feel dauntingly long or like the set of a horror movie at night. If it does come down to a fight, it's best to stay well away from the servant's quarters seeing as they extend across the whole wing, intermingled with various utilities like kitchens and lounges, in other words, collateral damage just waiting to happen. Not just your quarters mind you, the floor above contains more quarters and the one above that is... Mary's bedroom sandwiched in between servants rooms? At least, you think it's a bedroom? It might just be a study or some such seeing as it's actually smaller than the servants rooms, though you've no idea why on would put a study there of all places. Either way it's restricted.

Minato
"Ah, so you're the new hire." he glances at you, inspecting you up and down "Don't be too daunted, most of the work's in that block with your quarters. The rest of the mansion's just for show so there's less work there anyway, though sometimes we use them to hold functions and all that. If you get lost, just say so in the chat room and someone will come get you. Y'know, eventually."

Yuki and Noriko
"Yeah, did the same for me."
"There won't be much work either, Appleton's just a weirdo who hires servants because she doesn't know how to make friends. Don't be an ass, don't try to steal he stuff and you'll be fine."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 19, 2018, 06:24:00 pm »

"Just for show? What do you mean? Nobody even uses these rooms? Sorry, I've just....never seen a place this big. Don't have houses like this out where I'm from and all."
Minato, of course, was lying through his teeth.
"Also, if there's not much work, what ARE we expected to do?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 19, 2018, 06:31:49 pm »

Minato
"Well, it'd be a bit unusual if Lady Mary just lived in a private apartment would it not? But that is in the end what this building amounts to. The quarters are where everything happens, everywhere else is just extra space and something to maintain. To put it simply, most of us have been hired because the Lady would feel lonely otherwise, the rest are security."
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 285