Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread  (Read 18555 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: ☢We the forgotten ones: a twilight 2000 RPG (3/6?)☢ OOC thread
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2017, 04:33:43 pm »

Eh, we have two people working on stuff, and if we forage right than people shouldent be able to get past us.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2017, 06:17:06 am »

Yo, sorry if my rp posts are a tad bit too unconventional or zany. I just like experimenting and practicing with nonessential background actions and descriptors during lulls in the rp.

Anyway, I think our current planned tasks are:
Paul: Vehicle Maintenance.
Anderson: Vehicle Maintenance
Oceanus: Foraging
Eveline: Foraging
Phillip: Undecided (As was suggested in IC, guarding would not be a bad idea.)
Ok so your plan is to spend the next week or so refueling right?

(The time frame listed is stupidly short, and the amounts produced are way to high for the amount of raw material.)
But for the distilling you need 80kg of material for every 35 litres of fuel output and one person can 100kg gather each 4 hour period.

You used 71 + 165 = 236 litres total
236 ÷ 35 =  6.7 runs
6.7 x 80= 536 kg
100kg is gathered each period so 6 4 hour periods (6x4 =24 hours)
Just 24 hours to ferment!? (must be some kind of atomic turbo yeast)
and 24 hours to distill each 80 kg of mash down to 35 litres of 95% alcohol

(As GM im saying that your still has 4 mash tubs, 3 to brew in and 1 to distill from)

Vehicle Maintenance
7 + 1 = 8 hours total, so 2 4 hour periods.

Encounters
In Woodland terrain, Disputed territory.
Camp
day 1, 3, group, 9, large unit Warsaw pact 100meters away

Foraging
day 1, 1 group, 10, stragglers  Warsaw pact 30 meters away

now to up date the game thread.

edit: i forgot to roll up the large unit (why is group encounters after territory types? when the groups you encounter are based on the territory?)

30 men with a 2 1/2 ton truck, 3/4 and a 5 ton truck
weapons are anti tank missiles x 2 and AT rocket.

Second group
5 men on foot.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:23:33 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2017, 09:44:11 am »

Pfp
Oh boy. Time to ditch the Americans?  :)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2017, 11:59:08 am »

Or something. Ouch.

Also, I should probably note effective skill for Azadian, all he currently has is the skill ranks themselves.

Spoiler: Effective Skills (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:09:11 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2017, 01:04:27 pm »

Will be great, we get away, steal some soviet uniforms, you do all the talking, we will be living out the rest of our days in sunny sunny Armenia in no time.  ;D

That a small hint I ought to do the same? My sheet is missing my contacts anyway:

Spoiler: Eveline Vogel (Cain12) (click to show/hide)

Also looking over gear, took away my fishing line (and the signal mirror, but will hold off making a snide remark until we reach a point where it could have been useful :) ), the pole comes with its own line then, right? (Though the real reason I wanted to have it in case I needed/wanted a garrote, but whatever.)

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2017, 01:26:48 pm »

Dammit. If they hadn't arrived at the same time, it would've been much easier.

How far away from the river are we? I'm currently thinking we use our far higher off-road speed (plus the remaining ~100 litres of alcohol) to move towards the river and cross it, since they won't be amphibious.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2017, 09:38:18 pm »

There're a number of things on my mind right now. First, where's my Stoner. Second, where is our Mortar. Third....OH MY GOD!!!!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2017, 07:14:09 am »

There're a number of things on my mind right now. First, where's my Stoner. Second, where is our Mortar. Third....OH MY GOD!!!!
Magicy arriving to replace your m16, as for a Mortar, what Mortar? you didn't put in a equipment list so we ended up going with the basic load and Aseaheru spent your budget on a big list of part supply's.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2017, 07:21:56 am »

Pfp

Maybe defecting wouldn't be too bad, maybe we get lucky and one of Azadian's contacts will show up to convince them not to just kill us and steal our stuff.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:23:29 am by Cain12 »

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2017, 08:41:16 am »

Magicy arriving to replace your m16, as for a Mortar, what Mortar? you didn't put in a equipment list so we ended up going with the basic load and Aseaheru spent your budget on a big list of part supply's.
Oh? Could of sworn someone else had gotten a Mortar.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2017, 09:04:40 am »

It was discussed but for cost reasons it was removed.
(you actuality have enough anti tanks weapons to just destroy the convoy as it is.)

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2017, 01:00:31 pm »

Second, where is our Mortar. Third....OH MY GOD!!!!
I originally wanted to get a mortar, and had it set up. However, it cost about a quarter of the budget, which I rather spent on shells for the Carl Gustav, for example, since we'd need two of our five people for the mortar. Aseaheru's recoilless rifle has a very high range, and can be used for fire support.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. Ignoring the five people for now, we still have about a dozen people on foot, and two dozen in the trucks. Even if we do manage to destroy the vehicles plus passengers, that dozen soldiers will become an issue, and that's not including the five people coming from the other direction. Since we cannot hide most of our stuff, and cannot fight, I'd say we use what alcohol we have left to hightail it back over the river. If we need to burn diesel for that, we will.
Thoughts?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2017, 09:05:02 pm »

Very very out of character stuff:

Is the encounter structured to be multi-stepped, where the encounter is very dynamic and there are multiple rolls that can alter the present situation. For example, a roll determines if Paul can set up defensive sandbags; receiving an abysmal failure causes the group to decide whether to try again preparing defenses or cut their losses, wasted time, and try fleeing the encampment. Or is a one step? We choose defection and have one roll to determine the outcome.

Also do you guys want to continue planning in OOC and imagine the characters had a discussion IC prior to their actions or should we shift over to in character planning and probably panicked reactions?

Options dump:
Oceanus & Eveline:
1A. Retreat back to the camp to rejoin group. The group is reunited at mere the cost a few minutes.
1B. Retreat separately from the encamped group. Possibly a less risky way for the pair the escape the nearby forces.
2A. Sneak up on the 5 men and open fire/engage in combat.
2B. Sneak up on the 5 men and ambush them at gun point (intimidation) in an attempt to forcefully neutralize their potential threat without combat.
2C. Sneak up on the 5 men to observe and listen in on them to determine their possible status, allegiance, and intent.
3. Approach the men with diplomatic intents.
Anderson, Phillip, and Paul:
1A. Prepare defenses and open up fire once they are within effective range of fire.
1B. Prepare defenses and negotiate from there.
2. Option C: Flee camp with vehicles.
3. Option A: Hide whatever items before hiding selves from nearby forces.
Anyone:
1A. Intercept the convoy and distract them in an attempt to redirect their travel away from the encampment. Distractions would probably be done via vocal noises, gun fire, explosives, and/or vehicle.
1B. Intercept the convoy and attempt to peacefully communicate. I guess we'd either be direct with them, try to bluff them, or try to join their group.
1C. Intercept the convoy and try stealthily observe them at a much better, but much riskier, vantage point.
1D. Intercept the convoy, ambush them, and engage in combat from there.
2. Find their radio frequency and establish communications. I don't recall there being a radio operator skill, so maybe it could be a electronic, computer, or forward observer test.

Intel Analysis
5 men:
The bad news is that it's not a farmer but 5 armed men on foot.
dressed in what passes for Warsaw Pact uniform these days.
They're most likely soldiers. We just don't know whether they abandoned their post or not. Also we don't know if they're connected with the larger group as well.
Convoy:
With his Binoculars he can make out much of units details like there mix armaments and uniforms, for a moment the m16 gives him hope that it the scattered remains of the 5th returning, but then he see the red banner waved from a truck radio.
He counts at least a dozen men on foot and maybe another 2 dozen more rideing inside the trucks.
The group is probably made up of soldiers. They're possibly Pact forces if the red banner is 100% confirmed the USSR flag. They have a mix of uniforms so that might mean they abandoned military post as well and are just trying to survive. The mix of uniforms could also mean some of them are prisoners. Really a lot of unknowns here as well.
Two GM Questions: Is "red banner" confirmed the flag of the Soviet Union? Can we get a better description of the encountered groups or do we need to roll for additional observations?
Clock:
Right the large convoy is some distance away and moving slowly, you have maybe 10-20 minutes.
EDIT: Added Anyone 1D.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:13:52 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2017, 09:15:11 pm »

I don't like the idea of running back across the river, while we may escape the enemy here, the enemy is probably there by now.

That said running for it might be for the best given the alternatives could go pretty badly.

So yeah, I favor running or defection/negotiation. Fighting feels a bit suicidal.

Yeah, maybe this should be done IC.

Edit:
Foragers: 2C possibly followed by 1A/1B or 3 based on outcome? Is late, will get a better look tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:31:43 pm by Cain12 »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2017, 09:44:05 pm »

If we can't obtain successful observation rolls, then I'm leaning towards fleeing too or possibly attempting to distract them. As for combat, I don't think it'd be necessarily suicidal if we ambush them, use our heavy weapons, and/or skirmish with them from a far distance.

Yeah, I guess I'm getting carried away discussing this in OOC too. I guess we ought to rp if our characters are calm and collected, panicked yet quick thinking and acting, in favor of aggression, in favor of defensive tactics, etc.
How far away from the river are we?
We appear to be about 10 km northeast of the Warta River.
Pfp

Maybe defecting wouldn't be too bad, maybe we get lucky and one of Azadian's contacts will show up to convince them not to just kill us and steal our stuff.
Hey Funk, how will we handle contacts? Can we pray to the RNG for contacts or will you use your almighty gm/narrative powers to predetermine when our contacts show up?
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15