Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 174

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM+: GAME OVER  (Read 112090 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM+: Grand Duke Estwalf of Tven!
« Reply #1005 on: March 30, 2017, 03:37:06 pm »

The lizards would need a 10:1 kill ratio to actualy beat us.

Armies typically rout long before the last man falls. At 5:1, the victory would by Pyrrhic, even if our soldiers didn't break.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 30, 2017, 04:16:09 pm »

Even a 5:1 ratio would probably require a few 1's in a row.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 30, 2017, 04:51:53 pm »

The lizards would need a 10:1 kill ratio to actualy beat us.

Armies typically rout long before the last man falls. At 5:1, the victory would by Pyrrhic, even if our soldiers didn't break.
I assume two things:
> They don't rout [war culture]
> We haven't faced whichever does that red smoke magicary.

And we can't make camp because it's night soon--UNLESS we have cleared the surrounding area which...is practically what we've done.

2A
3B

before my vote by the way.

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 30, 2017, 06:22:10 pm »

B Let them sing of the terror we shall inspire upon their hearts for generations! Well that or we lose and or die horribly.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 30, 2017, 06:36:52 pm »

2A
5B

I still vote C

They are camped and resting, we had a fight recently. Maybe their wizard is with them.

can happen 4 things ( 8 to be exact, but i will ignore the possibilities of getting or not new soldiers as new numbers)

1. Nothing and we get heroic volunteers, or nobody but we at least rested and can proceed in B or A.

2. A Hunting party find us at night and we might be prepared this time and smash them. With or without reinforcements they will be smaller in numbers.

3. They attack us at night with full numbers and we are fucked and sorry everybody (or not, because we might use our fortified position. i doubt they can sneak a fucking army)

4. They grow bigger in numbers and... sorry everybody. At least we rested?

50% chance of sucess

Oh, i forgot that 2 and 3 they can still get bigger in numbers.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:38:27 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 30, 2017, 11:38:23 pm »

You decide to prepare an all-out attack into the lizard's camp.

"Shall we attack from two directions?" Your senior asks.

A) "Nay, my King, we need all the numbers we can get."
B) "A sound idea, this will cause confusion amongst the lizards!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 30, 2017, 11:48:56 pm »

...This depends on if the area is too narrow for them to deploy the numbers efficiently :/

That's how our tactics and crescent formation helped. I...guess this will too?

Also it's his idea. But seriously. :P

B
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 06:35:58 am by Tiruin »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 31, 2017, 12:03:03 am »

...This depends on if the area is too narrow for them to deploy the numbers efficiently :/

That's how our tactics and crescent formation helped. I...guess this will too?

Also it's his idea. But seriously. :P

B

The Lizardmen seem to have decent perception. There is a good chance they will just rush whichever group they detect first, and if the other half isn't close enough to intervene, it could end poorly for us.

I say we just stick together as a group and keep using the Cresent formation until the lizards prove they can deal with it. A
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:38:03 am by Weirdsound »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 31, 2017, 03:14:36 am »

A

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 31, 2017, 04:47:46 am »

A
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 31, 2017, 06:33:38 am »

I say we just stick together as a group and keep using the Cresent formation until the lizards prove they can deal with it. A
Best ratio ever recorded was 2:1.
...When we were an overwhelming army against like, 40 dudes. ._.

Good point.
A

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 31, 2017, 11:45:29 am »

A weirdsound has a good plan...
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 31, 2017, 03:07:31 pm »

of course, the whole point of attacking the camp is confusion. We want them to be unable to bring thier fire lizards out.

I'm a little split myself, but ill put B to keep it an option.

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 31, 2017, 05:02:38 pm »

King Tinwulf II does not object your counter-proposal.

Soon the Tven and Dahnian soldiers pour between the two mountains, against the camp of lizards!

Only then you notice that due to the lack of space, your trops cannot attack in full but have to come in waves!

6*

The lizards come and fight like beasts they are; for each lizard there are three or more dead and wounded amongst your people! Six fiery lizards are felled, but their blasts of flame sear and scorch dozens of soldiers.

2*

But then the front of your Army collapses under the massive counter-attacks, and a path is open toward you; one of the largest, blue-scaled lizards flails his club as he attacks you!!

5*

The fight is fierce and you dodge the club several times, the huge impressions in the dirt giving you an idea what would happen to your body if the lizard would score just a single hit. But you don't give him any other opportunities; soon you stab him in the neck and he falls. With an angry yell to the heavens, you smash your spear right into its skull, the pitiful screech mixing with the sickening crunch of mauled skull.

The lizard overlord is slain by your hand!!

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the lizards are running away. Truly they know no fear!

4*

You rejoin the battle and direct the combined forces as your senior and his banner-holder are nowhere to be seen nearby; but with the loss of fiery drakes, the lizards of the depths do not fight like before; less humans die, and the scaled beastmen fall more easily.

As the sky turns orange from late afternoon hours, only a handful of lizardmen remain in the camp, the leftovers, the ones to pick up arms the last. Your men on other hand have numerical superiority; hopefully this will be the last stage of this bloody battle.

6*

The victory comes swiftly; none of the lizards surrender and they fight to their last, taking down with themselves as many brave Tven and Dahnian men they could.

As the wounded are taken to tents and the chaos of battle is worked out, you finally meet with your senior; turns out his group was engaged on the other side of the camp. Much like you, King Tinwulf II is soaked in the blood of the lizards.

"Damned beasts fight too well!" He says with a grin. "And I thought Trolls were troublesome." You two share a laugh.

A camp is set outside the ruined site of lizards, as your men are wary to approach the still-fuming pit in the earth. It has been measured; thirty feet tall, and a gentle slope is descending into its smoke-filled darkness. Definitely a man-carved (or, rather, lizard-carved) tunnel. 212 lizard corpses were accounted along with five of their orange beasts of fiery destruction, but over 750 humans perished to achieve this victory.

By the morning, the pit is still fuming, and some men of better hearing report they heard hissing coming from the pit. Council is held, and the decision is made to...

A) Fortify the area around the pit and call the dwarves to come seal it or something.
B) Pile up rocks and boulders into the hole to fill it up.
C) Retreat from this place lest a new army of lizards catches you by surprise.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:06:44 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 31, 2017, 05:15:31 pm »

Last time we got the dwarves to seal them in, it... didn't last very long.
Nevertheless, I suppose we have to bite the bullet and call the dwarves again.

A
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 174