Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233356 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - Hardworking Individuals
« Reply #2100 on: March 03, 2018, 04:47:46 pm »

(I was replying to Dwain.
(I was confused about that.  Until I realised it was a plea that I do the looking around that I was already doing, but specifically with the idea that if it becomes dangerous we might need to wake up the unconscious one to give them a chance to react to conflct - or similar. I'm already looking anyway, so I shall just nod in response, and I was also considering leaving the lantern behind, but perhaps I should consider creating/obtaining a shuttered lantern at some point. Not possible right now, but I want to be prepared to work by indirect light at times.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 03, 2018, 05:50:41 pm »

(It was more of something like: "There is BLOOD in the ground. Do you really think this is a safe place to be resting at?", but you got right the idea that if he's awake he has at least some chance to react to conflict.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 03, 2018, 06:35:55 pm »

Ah HA!  I remembered what I was forgetting.  I have edited the update to talk about

a final northward bend in the tunnel

because, after all, you went in a tunnel headed west and then came into this area on the north-south axis.  This has been a particularly bendy return trip and I didn't want people to lose track of directions.  My apologies.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: March 03, 2018, 11:26:50 pm »

Previous -- Next

GM note: I haven't updated the "known maps" section in the opening posts yet, but your characters are about to learn this is a known map.  You can see it in updates around here.  I've been preparing a massive info update once you get to Rock Bottom and advance the plot.

You commence careful creeping about the cave.  The vanguard consists of Dustan, John, and Alyssa--three people who gradually realize you've been here before.  In the north, at the edge of Alyssa's lantern light, Dustan sees the remains of your old glowstone campfire!

And in the east, John quickly recognizes the scent of vanilla.  The sweet, sweet odor.  The odor that can only mean one thing, however difficult it may be to say it.  Ant lemmings.

Look!  There they are!  Wow, they've rebuilt since when you first met.  And when you splattered what you now realize is all the mushroom food on the floor here.  The ant lemmings look to have kept to the area in the east and have torn down the far walls.  An unidentified number crawl across a healthstone deposit.

Tohil, concerned about danger, attempts to revive Gary.  Alas, not even a hearty splash of water and heartier exhortation to greatness seem to reduce his time in exhausted dreams.  Dwain, likewise concerned, begins investigating nearby cracks in the walls; you do not spot nearly as much of interest as your associates do.

. . . Six people is a much more reasonable number to fit in my longwinded updates.  If Louis (dustywayfarer) comes back, I'll just have to kill somebody.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 04, 2018, 01:13:47 pm »

((Oh wow we had five wheelbarrows back then. I guess in good news we are not far from our destination. Only one question remains now...))

"There they are. Anyone else feel like stirring up a nest? From a distance though, some of us aren't really up for fighting. I guess we could also just go straight to Rock Bottom, it shouldn't be much further."

Get my sling out. If the others agree, begin pelting Ant Lemmings from afar. AND GET THE ANTIVENIN OUT AND READY.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: March 04, 2018, 02:16:39 pm »

"Hey buddy retreat a bit"

Once the ant-lemmings start coming towards us lit a unwise candle and retreat out of it's range.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 04, 2018, 06:09:22 pm »

((Oh wow we had five wheelbarrows back then . . . ))

Two of those were the ones you were transporting for the Salt family, so, well, it was brief.

Once the ant-lemmings start coming towards us lit a unwise candle and retreat out of it's range.

He he he!  To be clear: you do want Alyssa to start slinging rocks?  (As part of drawing out the critters.)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 04, 2018, 06:35:51 pm »

He he he!  To be clear: you do want Alyssa to start slinging rocks?  (As part of drawing out the critters.)

I could scream insults at them but I would like to see if Alyssa can get lucky and kill one first.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: March 04, 2018, 06:45:37 pm »

Oh, hello, the sounds of a fuss. (And nothing of interest here, it seems.) As long as it doesn't sound like more infighting, I shall go and see if I can assist. (I probably won't be rushing there, so no danger of running into the shrapnel zone.)

I'm likely to be ready to wield the pick. I don't yet know to take the anti-venin (I may not need to) or switch to the hammer (fun, but a different attack), there may be time for that next round, or else it doesn't matter.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 04, 2018, 07:02:59 pm »

Continue trying to wake up Gary while muttering prayers about the rise of the sun and the morning sunlight.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 04, 2018, 11:30:17 pm »

I could scream insults at them

(Bay 12 continues to be an unceasing font of practical solutions.)

(I'm glad we'll finally have the chance for you to learn how those candles work.  I've "programmed" a number of items; just need to give you people the circumstances where you'll wanna use them!)

Anyway, need Dustan (Dustan Hache), and technically Gary (Coolrune206) is welcome to burble in his sleep.  Also I'll be busy with health stuff tomorrow.  Back later!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 05, 2018, 05:29:56 am »

well, looks like there's gonna be a fight with antlemmings. Let's get our sling ready and gather some suitable sized rocks together, then pelt any antlemmings I see.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: March 05, 2018, 06:18:07 am »

Gary remains silent.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 05, 2018, 08:51:04 am »

How large are the starter parchments?
I am a Goober.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 05, 2018, 01:47:07 pm »

Gary remains silent.

Aww, darn.  I was looking forward to burbling.

How large are the starter parchments?

Good question.  I've been imagining "standard cartoony size," though not "absurd cartoony run-down-the-hall size."  So, you know, enough to cover all your sheet-of-paper needs, but not to stretch from floor to ceiling.

Another thing: I have sent a private message to you, John (ziizo).  It's not stunningly confidential information, but it is information that only you would have before the update, and there's a question I need answered.  Otherwise, I'm now preparing said update.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 173