Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You've Started An Armok Cult! (SG)  (Read 4616 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You've Started A New Religion! (SG)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 01:26:11 am »

You've lived your life like almost everyone else, until one day, you decided to start your own Religion!

Before we begin, answer a few questions about yourself...

What is your name?

Are you a man or a woman?

What do you look like?

What clothing do you usually wear?

What did you do for a living before you started a New Religion?

As Founder of the New Religion, what do you call yourself?

Now, answer a few questions about your New Religion...

Do you believe in your own Religion?

What is the Religion called?

What are the followers of the Religion called?

What do the followers of the Religion believe?

What is one thing that is expected of followers of the Religion?

What is considered to be sacred by followers of the Religion?

What is considered to be abhorrent by followers of the Religion?

Where do you attempt to start your Religion?

The Wilderness, where there's very few people, and it's isolated and far away from prying eyes, but far from civilization.

The Outskirts, where there are some people, all spread across the countryside, and it's not difficult to keep things hidden, and civilization is close but not too close.

The Cityscape, where it is absolutely packed with people, it's easy to hide in the hustle and bustle, and civilization is everywhere.

Name: Zan Crescentstone
Appearance: Short with a long brown beard with fair skin and gray eyes.
Clothing: Standard peasant clothes.
Former Profession: Cheesemaker
New title: Hand of Armok.

Question answers.
1. Yes.
2. Armokism.
3. Devotees.
4. To spread the power of Armok.
5. Convert others. Kill most goblins and elves.
6. Blood.
7. Waste of blood.

It starts in the Outskirts.

Question answers.
1. Yes.
2. Armokism.
3. Devotees.
6. Blood.
7. Waste of blood.

+1 I've always wanted to see a straight up Armok organisation in a suggestion game.

Question answers.
1. Yes.
2. Armokism.
3. Devotees.
6. Blood.
7. Waste of blood.

+1 I've always wanted to see a straight up Armok organisation in a suggestion game.
+1 but let's start in the Cityscape. We need to have a mega construction (sky crapers) to throw elves of.
We can just make a fortress out in the wilderness once we get the ball rolling.
We can just make a fortress out in the wilderness once we get the ball rolling.
For that we will need slaves people which we can catch find in the city while throwing goblins of skycraper roofs.
+1 but let's start in the Cityscape. We need to have a mega construction (sky crapers) to throw elves of.

(Yeah, but I'd say the Outskirts. People aren't as educated, they'd probably accept the religion more.)
+1 to outskirts
+1 to outskirts
+1

(Yeah, but I'd say the Outskirts. People aren't as educated, they'd probably accept the religion more.)

But on the other hand those in the outskirts probably have some religion already and aren't less open for new things, while in the city there are 1. much more people and 2. much more different people and thus 3. much more open people.
It's also easier to gather money there and just easily to hide as in the outskirts, since people in the city are not as suspicious as people in the outskirts.
I vote for the cityscape.
IT really depends on the setting really but you made a good point
But on the other hand those in the outskirts probably have some religion already and aren't less open for new things, while in the city there are 1. much more people and 2. much more different people and thus 3. much more open people.
It's also easier to gather money there and just easily to hide as in the outskirts, since people in the city are not as suspicious as people in the outskirts.
I vote for the cityscape.

(Hmmm... You make a good point.)

I was planning on having the setting be a mundane, human only earth-like world with a modern technology level, but I have to say, I like the idea of running Armok Cult in a standard Dwarf Fortress World much much better...

Hmm...

Zan Crescentstone, when did Armok call you to spill blood in His Holy name?

The Age of Myth: The Age of Myth was a time when living gods and mighty beasts still held sway.

The Age of Legends: The Age of Legends was a time when the powers of the world were fading.

The Age of Heroes: The Age of Heroes was a time when the last of the powers fought their final battles.

Now, decide, where will you start the glorious worship of Armok?

The Wilderness

The Outskirts

The Cityscape
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 01:28:16 am by Ardent Debater »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: You've Started An Armok Cult! (SG)
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 01:44:39 am »

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:36:45 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 04:06:28 am »

I feel like this still could be a mundane world but instead of having normal goblins you could have greedy people, elves-tree lovers etc.
Age of Heroes (beginning of the 21st Century)
Cityskape

Edit:
Actually I have the feeling that modern fantasy world could be really cool.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 04:10:21 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 06:03:13 am »

Age of Heroes - Dwarf Fortress world with modern technology
Cityscape - Depths of a mountainhold

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 09:02:04 am »

Age of Myth. Plenty of beasts to kill and bring fame to us as we slaughter them.

Cityscape: Dwarven Fortress in the North.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 09:11:30 am »

Age of Myth. Plenty of beasts to kill and bring fame to us as we slaughter them.

+1

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 09:13:13 am »

+1
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 09:53:52 am »

+1
+1 I'm gonna back this as well.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 03:36:36 pm »

+1

Changing mine to this +1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 07:36:22 pm »

+1

Changing mine to this +1
+1
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 09:47:07 am »

+1

Changing mine to this +1
+1

It is The Age of Myth and you will spread the glorious worship of Armok in the Cityscape of a Northern Dwarf Fortress.

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 09:47:56 am »

(Perfect!)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 05:00:14 pm »

It is the year 106 in the world of Nikot-Anam. The mortal progeny of the Gods and Godesses have spread across much of the world, forming kingdoms and empires of their own.

According to the Priests of Yiltho, the Divine Pantheon created the world in their image, and created life to inhabit it, so that the world would be filled and thus, complete. The monsters, demons, and beastmen were created when Altun, Pazor, Tenebris, and the lesser Profane Divinities rebelled against the Pantheon in an attempt to rule creation, and in their hubris, corrupted it. The actions of the False Pantheon brought violence, evil, and suffering into the world.

You, Zan Crescentstone, humble Human Cheesemaker and peasant of the Copper Stances, believed the word of the Priests as all pious Humans did, until Armok showed you the way. In your dreams, the Blood God appeared in all His Glory and showed you the Way and the Truth. Armok forged the world on the Anvil of Creation to entertain Himself and the Divines are less than nothing before His Power.

Monsters, violence, and suffering were created to bring Conflict into the world, so that Armok would be entertained. Armok left the world alone, but is bored by the lack of Conflict in the world. To this end, He spoke to you, and declared you the Hand Of Armok. He has tasked you with spreading as much Conflict and Bloodshed as possible, so that Armok's Thirst for Blood will be sated, the world will serve its True purpose, and the Eternal Reforging be delayed.

When you realized the Holy Truth you packed your bags, fled the Copper Stances, and traveled to the north, where fearsome beasts and savage men dwell. In your travels, you've come across the Dwarf Fortress Murak-Artob which roughly translates to Boldness Combination in the Common tongue. Murak-Artob was founded shortly after the Sundering Of The Pantheon by a group of High Dwarves, Dwarves who stayed loyal to the Divine Pantheon and refused to kneel to the False Pantheon like the Deep Dwarves or their Ancestors and Azur alone like the Low Dwarves.

Murak-Artob is the northernmost bastion of the Girded Flickers, a large High Dwarven Kingdom of the South. Recently, the Girded Flickers have become embroiled in a civil war with the Brass Fist, a militant Low Dwarven organization which seeks to usurp the Throne and instill an Ancestral Theocracy of Azur, and the Unsought Crypts, a High Dwarven organization which seeks to usurp the Throne and instill a new King, as they believe that the current King has lost the Holy Mandate of the Divine Pantheon.

The Goblin hordes of the Turgid Waste, Splintered Tusks, and Black Root invade the Girded Flickers from all sides, and while the Goblins are weak and divided, the three-way civil war has reduced the Girded Flicker's ability to retaliate against them. In addition, the Stiff Axe, and Lifted Wall Human Kingdoms are waging war with the Copper Stances in the name of the False Pantheon and while the Girded Flickers is not involved at the moment, it could be drawn into the conflict to support their Copper Stances allies against the False Pantheonist threat. Meanwhile, the Elves of the Whispering Touch refuse to get involved in the conflict, preferring to stay neutral.

Murak-Artob lies before you. An enormous, sprawling citadel, home to many Dwarves, both High and Low, in addition, many Humans, Goblins, and Lesser Races have settled here. The citadel has been masterfully sculpted down to the finest details, and not a single stone lies out of place, truly, it is a testament to Dwarven ingenuity. A wandering Cheesemaker like yourself wouldn't be out of place among the vast, cosmopolitan metropolis, and with Armok at your back, there is no chance of failing your Sacred Task.

Let Blood be spilled in His Name! What do you do to further the Holy Will Of Armok?

Spoiler:  Armokism: 1 Member (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:05:43 pm by Ardent Debater »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 05:04:15 pm »

Attempt to figure out some simple healing magic, if that's possible. Attempt to portray Armok in a positive manner. Could get some followers. We can't spill blood yet. We need an army.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 05:46:21 pm »

See if there are any mercenary groups or gangs that we can join, so our guy can learn how to fight. No point preaching the virtues of spilling blood if we can't do it ourselves. This way we can also find like-minded bloodthirsty bastards who can form the core of our cult.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3