« on: February 13, 2017, 01:13:23 pm »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:25:57 am by fucduck »

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Re: Magic & Humans Kingdoms, Vikings, Proper Elf and Goblin Civs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 02:57:30 pm »

Sounds pretty interesting. You should download Masterwork and Dark Ages tho, they're pretty good resources for how to make spells. I assume that, since you speak of mage guilds, there will be magic? As a fan of magic in general - especially in DF - I want to ensure that your stuff is top notch. Also, may i suggest making cloned versions of civs to represent diff. cultures, e.g. one type of civ based on Feudal Japan, one based on WWII Germany, one based on France in the 1800's, etc.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 01:19:28 am »

So do you intend to make all of these civs playable in fortress mode then?

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 07:39:58 am »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:26:10 am by fucduck »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 01:56:59 am »

So do you intend to make all of these civs playable in fortress mode then?

Yup! I will also add more options to Adventurers as well.

So far all races are playable. Dwarves are the only ones that can produce Bismuth Bronze, Steel and Adamantine. Elves can now Dig and Cut Trees normally. Although it is painful for them. Going to work on the Special castes now.

Cool, this sounds like exactly the mod I want! I just want playable elves that aren't totally crippled by a lack of weapons grade materials.

How do you mean digging/mining hurts them? I'm intrigued.

In any case, I'm looking forward to your release.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 01:17:31 pm »

Well - and i say this to every modder who puts magic in their game - feel free to take from my mod if you want. Maybe take some Druid spells and make them natural abilities of the High Elf caste. Also you could make a rare "Chosen One" caste, with a 0.01% chance of spawning, that has a really powerful ability, i.e. dragon shapeshifting or summoning Rocs, or the ability to heal any wound or illness(shapeshifting interaction that ends after a single tick.) If a Chosen One is born into your fortress or town or forest retreat, they could be highly valued - but since goblins are murderous anyways, you could give all goblins the NOT_LIVING tag and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, and make Chosen One goblins the only living ones, so that Goblins, in the actual lore of the game, kill off any magical children that are born into their ranks. Really supports the whole "Goblins hate magic" part of the mod. And what about the other thing i said, making several types of each race with different cultures, like Elves that respect martial prowess and honor in battle(like samurai elves), and a group that actually cares very little about nature and is into the advancement of knowlege above all else? And dwarves that are actually super hostile, and really love nature(so they impose tree limits if they dont destroy you) to make a sort of version of actual celtic druids? Just throwin around a bunch of ideas tho.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.