Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 154010 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Don shows some backbone
« Reply #1125 on: March 19, 2018, 05:34:02 pm »

((Also Bella died, I forgot about that. I thought Egan was still playing as her and the turn confused me.))
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:08:29 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 19, 2018, 09:48:17 pm »

See the sellers and ask them some basic questions.  If these are the buyers, ask them where we can find the sellers, and vice-versa as we'll need to plot out a route.
"So what are we hauling around, exactly?  And what are the hazards of it?  Do we just have to not touch it?  How big is it?  Can we just put it in a lead box and carry it in a bicycle basket, or a messenger bag?"

Tell Dave I've got 200 pounds for commissions, and he can do what he likes with it.  That should be enough to get started.  Give it to him now, if I can manage that without being there in person. (Or retroactively.)

For this turn, try and recruit a cameraman.  I want the cameraman to be enthusiastic enough to become a cultist, too.  The rooftop of a nearby building should be good enough site for shooting, and I'm sure I can convince someone to give me the keys.  I want to do double-duty, by doing interviews in a cafe or place across from a bank, so I can see if there are any armoured car deliveries.

((Also, how are Nan's clothes holding up?  Should I find a clothesmaker or designer while downtown?))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:45:38 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 19, 2018, 10:14:28 pm »

Continue hovering close to Nanami's position to make sure nothing wrong happens. Also try to find a nearby hobo in some dark alley in which to test my unidentified hand wand spell. After doing the spell, impale him with my phylactery.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 20, 2018, 03:01:08 am »

Ask Vince some basic questions:

"So what are we hauling around, exactly?  And what are the hazards of it?  Do we just have to not touch it?  How big is it?  Can we just put it in a lead box and carry it in a bicycle basket, or a messenger bag?"  Also, find out the destination point so I know which way we're going.

Tell Dave I've got 200 pounds for the first week, and he can do what he likes for it.  Give it to him now, if I can manage that without being there in person.

Asking for makeup was because I wasn't sure if she changed physically to match her apperance changes last turn, and makeup is a weak excuse for looking different in the video than she just was when meeting Dave.

For this turn, try and recruit a cameraman.  I want the cameraman to be enthusiastic enough to become a cultist, too.  The rooftop of a nearby building should be good enough site for shooting, and I'm sure I can convince someone to give me the keys.  I want to do double-duty, by doing interviews in a cafe or place across from a bank, so I can see if there are any armoured car deliveries.

Vince doesn't know, ya gotta ask the guys who'll give you the goods.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 20, 2018, 03:10:15 am »

Vince doesn't know, ya gotta ask the guys who'll give you the goods.
Ahh.  I'll edit things then.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 20, 2018, 07:06:50 am »

Don will buy a new suit (genereic men's stop) if his current one is messed up, and then go back to the Coven and register for mission. Onwards. Also, does it feel like the demon comes from a dimension like the giraffe dimension? Basically, does it feel like I could tear the rift wider?

Oh, also, before I get back, drop a giraffes on a nearby street with only a few people on it, drop it on the people. I never did see what happened to civilians.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:32:12 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 21, 2018, 03:47:58 pm »

"Sweet-smelling poison that you don't notice 'till it's too late, and flesh-melting acid all over everything.
Brilliant."

Well, now that that's cleared up, time to go hunting. There is a specific demonic rhinoceros out there. Find it, making good use of the Megafauna rune, so that I can melt its flesh off.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 22, 2018, 04:04:13 am »

Also, I'm mostly interested in the armoured car for the delivery, not to steal money.  I'm not against stealing money, btw, but please don't kill anyone in sight of Nanami recruiting people, and if the drivers live, she can probably get them to drive the vehicle for us, freeing up one of us to fight or take other action.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Don shows some backbone
« Reply #1133 on: March 23, 2018, 07:03:26 am »

"Five thousand?  Now that's more like it, I knew you'd wise up!  Now, can you tell me anything else about what we're going up against?  Who else are we defending this unholy toothpick from?  Cultists with blades, again?  Cultists with guns?  How well are they funded?  Anything in particular we should watch out for?"

Asking Vince questions.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: No brakes on the collateral train
« Reply #1134 on: March 27, 2018, 02:39:12 pm »

"Five thousand?  Now that's more like it, I knew you'd wise up!  Now, can you tell me anything else about what we're going up against?  Who else are we defending this unholy toothpick from?  Cultists with blades, again?  Cultists with guns?  How well are they funded?  Anything in particular we should watch out for?"

Asking Vince questions.
Vince unhappily turns his attention from the television.

"You're looking at one or more well funded groups, likely using firearms or arcane weaponry, as well organised and trained as your average terrorist organisation or militia. You're going to have to be on your guard against known threats dependent on your route, and prepare countermeasures accordingly, but also be wary of unknown assailants. Typical bandit tactics are to be expected - diversions, roadblocks, surgical strikes."

"Sweet-smelling poison that you don't notice 'till it's too late, and flesh-melting acid all over everything.
Brilliant."

Well, now that that's cleared up, time to go hunting. There is a specific demonic rhinoceros out there. Find it, making good use of the Megafauna rune, so that I can melt its flesh off.
You write the megafauna rune, nice and big, with a bit of soft white stone on the floor of a large public square.

Attracting a specific megabeast... that's a trickier prospect.

6+1

Well, you beckon the demonic rhinoceros alright. The thing comes charging into the square so fast you barely have time to duck behind a set of plant pots. Mortals run screaming as the creature roars and stamps, bellowing out a challenge. You use the acid-creating spell.

Behind you, humans sitting at a cafe give out blood-curdling shrieks and whatnot as their skin starts to melt and bubble. The demonic rhinoceros, its thorny hide glowing infernal red with cryptic runes, merely breathes more fire from the depths of its burning mouth, lighting the skies with great gouts of flame. It's completely fine, and proceeds to tear apart innocent bystanders as you crouch behind the shrubs. Just like it did your parents Oh god, not this again...

Don will buy a new suit (genereic men's stop) if his current one is messed up, and then go back to the Coven and register for mission. Onwards. Also, does it feel like the demon comes from a dimension like the giraffe dimension? Basically, does it feel like I could tear the rift wider?

Oh, also, before I get back, drop a giraffes on a nearby street with only a few people on it, drop it on the people. I never did see what happened to civilians.

You get a snazzy new double-breasted suit, the current one being a bit covered in ash and blood and all. Expensive, but well worth it.

The demon you just summoned is unlike the giraffes, seeming more like a creature that visits your plane of existence for a few seconds to wreak havoc and destruction at your behest before returning freely to its own. The flame-creature is working for you. The giraffes on the other hand just want to burst into the mortal world and drive people insane.

Speaking of, unleashing the giraffe demons on a handful of unsuspecting civilians is fairly horrifying. The creatures really go to town, surrounding the weak-minded mortals and incanting their mind-bending chants. Most of the humans try to run, then sink to their knees or curl up in a ball when they realise they can't escape, the demons pressing closer and closer around them, rainbow-hued giraffe necks wrapping around their shoulders. One man... oh jeez, are those his eyes? They are, aren't they... Jesus Christ...

You leave hurriedly, and Vince directs you to Nanami, who you catch just in time to enter the HQ of the organisation you're delivering for.

Continue hovering close to Nanami's position to make sure nothing wrong happens. Also try to find a nearby hobo in some dark alley in which to test my unidentified hand wand spell. After doing the spell, impale him with my phylactery.
You watch Nanami enter the large stone building, presumably an accountancy firm or something acting as a front for your generic magical base. Usual secret stuff. Anyway, time to kill someone.

You find a homeless person crouching in an otherwise empty alley. He looks up at you hopefully, an emotion that quickly turns to confusion as you level your wand. The spell does nothing at first. Then his hand curls into a fist, seemingly against his will. He stares at it, and it relaxes. You raise your phylactery, and his arm raises at the same time, to the same poisition. A few experiments satisfy you that you can now control the movements of his hand, while the spell is maintained. Takes about one puissance every ten seconds.

Then you step from the shadows, revealing your horrifying undead visage fully, face charred to the bone, and levelling your weapon. The dragon's tooth smashes through his chest and carries his bleeding heart out the other side, impaling him on the steel mop. The sweet blood sings to you.

See the sellers and ask them some basic questions.  If these are the buyers, ask them where we can find the sellers, and vice-versa as we'll need to plot out a route.
"So what are we hauling around, exactly?  And what are the hazards of it?  Do we just have to not touch it?  How big is it?  Can we just put it in a lead box and carry it in a bicycle basket, or a messenger bag?"

Tell Dave I've got 200 pounds for commissions, and he can do what he likes with it.  That should be enough to get started.  Give it to him now, if I can manage that without being there in person. (Or retroactively.)

((Also, how are Nan's clothes holding up?  Should I find a clothesmaker or designer while downtown?))

You knock on the door of the building Vince sent you to, Don by your side. It swings open, and you catch a glimpse of a receptionist's lobby before the floor liquidates and runs away, revealing a series of downwards steps carved into stone.

A hooded figure stands there, somehow looking monkish despite a massive iron cuirass and greaves. He bows once to you in greeting, and beckons you onwards. As you descend the passage, he speaks.

"You must represent the Coven, correct? I assumed there would be more of you, ha ha, but perhaps the others are in your pocket. I joke of course, it would be unwise to send your entire operation into an unknown location, friendly as it may seem."

You get the impression of a perfectly cheerful man who hasn't tried humour for a very long time, and has forgotten the "don't make veiled threats" part.

"I am brother Horatio, marshal of the knights Hygieian. Our order is dedicated to hunting down and destroying the... less savoury Gods. Make no mistake, we have no truck with demons, it is the deities that feed from and encourage baser aspects of humanity. Observe, our central storeroom."

You leave the tunnel, and come out into a massive spherical chamber, in a strange mixture of ancient classical, Gothic, and modern military design. A tank emblazoned with gold symbols lies parked among marble columns and piles of shells. A pool of molten steel in the centre of the room is fed from a series of channels descending the wall, while molds for swords, armour and steel and heaved to and fro by knights twice the size of ordinary men. The air stinks of sulphur and coal, and resounds with the clash of metal and cries of sparring knights.

"For certain reasons, our order does not like to venture aboveground, although we are not lacking in supplies. We have enemies on the surface, so cannot fight alongside you, but would be willing to give you some equipment. Sadly, we can spare little of what you see here."

Horatio leads you into a quiet alcove, gold-lined benches stacked with medical equipment and ammunition belts, and from there down a calm passage to a stone cell, in it nothing but a massive metal crate.

"We recently succeeded in destroying a certain god, or their incarnation upon earth. One of a number of deities responsible for the financial destruction half a decade ago. Twisted, greedy, megalomanaical and malevolent, it was a creature capable of inventing things and people from lies and rhetoric. We struck it down, but creatures like this just don't die."

He unlocks the cell, strides in, and places his hand against the top of the box. Neon pink sigils light up on the sides, and the lid slams back momentarily to reveal an outsize human head floating in green liquid, its hair twisting snakelike in the syrup, eyes rolling in malevolent anger. Yanking the container shut again, Horatio scowls at it.

"It can't do anything unless you give it permission, but it possess horrifying power. Men and beasts will kill for an artifact like this, so be careful. We need you to take it to a group across the river Thames, who can safely dispose of it there. You should probably rendezvous with them, decide on a pickup point. I'll dig up some maps of the surrounding threats."

Horatio walks off, his armour clanking, leaving the two of you in the centre of the Hyge-whatsit knights. Seems like this deal isn't the only thing these guys have going.

Nanami gives Dave the money, and manages to get a cameraman who'll work cheaply, if not for love. You don't have much to pay him with.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

((Sry about timeframes, pretty busy/tired atm))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 27, 2018, 03:04:47 pm »

"Well, since we both deal with higher powers, let's agree to stay well away from contacting this thing."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 27, 2018, 03:34:19 pm »

Really missed that feeling. Well, I better go to the building Nanami entered and, while waiting for her to leave the place, pass time talking with the caduceus serpents about even more experimental surgery, like replacing my skin with another man's skin or even brain transplant. If a Caduceus can keep someone alive for a moment without a working spine... Wonder if I could put a dead brain on a living body and "heal" it, replacing the old brain. Like the spine surgery, but in reverse: Keeping the body alive with magic and quickly replacing the brain and healing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:49:45 pm by randomgenericusername »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 27, 2018, 06:32:17 pm »

"Alright guys, we need to talk to the other group, and start scouting the route.  You think you can keep on target to start working on that for a bit?  I'm going to raise some quick funds and work on gear.  That okay with you?"

Though it's almost beneath me, I should be able to do some false change tricks with illusions to raise about a hundred or so pounds for the cameraman.  Raise the money, pay the cameraman, and hit the rooftops to film the new video, featuring the new spells but not the most expensive AoE one to limit collateral.  Use some special effects to jazz it up a bit, although the new spells + more puissance should provide enough of a show when compared to the previous video.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:04:11 pm by Devastator »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Everyone Loves Civilian Casualties
« Reply #1138 on: March 28, 2018, 02:59:51 am »

Bella

>Phoenix Rune: Activate.
(I did die in fire, after all. A fire that I started, with at least the intent of controlling it. I intended to burn that whole lot, so from a certain point of view it was a controlled flame, and therefore heals rather than hurts.)
We seem to have very different ideas of "controlled".

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 28, 2018, 08:05:14 am »

See what I can requisition from the knights, ask if there's any way we can seal the box shut and avoid contact befond just taping the lid closed. Do not mess with the box.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 86