Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153644 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission One - Failed
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2017, 07:36:50 am »

Oooo I want in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nice blank sheet. ;)
If you think THAT's blank, you should see his sheet for Draginean's test game.

Clean myself off a little, then return to Vince. Ask if he can remove this beastly form of mine, since I could use that point of Runic Sight about now.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2017, 07:59:35 am »

It's called an edit button.
Yes, and now I have forever immortalized the unedited first draft of your post!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2017, 09:23:18 am »

((I'm good with handling everything through PMs from now on and being the dragon to this eventual BBEG fight. I mean, Sand got herself massive magical powers AND a cute boyfriend? She basically fulfilled her goals within the first mission. ))

There is nothing about that sentence that I do not love, including the person saying it.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Ku9HIumpM
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:50:34 pm by piecewise »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2017, 10:22:35 pm »

I'm a waitlister; is there anything that I have to do before I get in?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission One - Failed
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2017, 04:39:30 am »

Welp, Ben has pretty much done everything a soldier needs to do.  He went to the mission site, killed some people he was supposed to kill, ran away from big explosions, and helped subjugate the locals afterward.  He's gonna head back to whatever place would be considered home base, which I guess is the house of our quest giver.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2017, 02:33:12 pm »

In a turn or two?

Begin existing now!
*Shoos out into demi-plane.*

I'm a waitlister; is there anything that I have to do before I get in?
Nope, you're fine.

Actual Turn

Clean myself off a little, then return to Vince. Ask if he can remove this beastly form of mine, since I could use that point of Runic Sight about now.

You dust your shoulders down. It does little to the splatterings of blood and slivers of flesh, but maybe there'll be someplace you could shower.

Vince takes one look at you, nearly drives off, then acclerates away practically as soon as you touch the van. The back is noticeably less cramped, only Jimmy next to you.

As the van speeds away from the sirens and fire around the park, a new rune embeds itself into your mind.

Perseverance: despite all the odds, you managed to kill a huge beast using nothing but hot syrup. Bonus to attack and extra damage to powerful or resistant enemies after several turns of combat or aggression.

You also gain +1 in any magical and a +1 in any physical stat of your choice! Levelling up!

Vince replies to your questions that you should probably get something that makes people more human, or reverses whatever process happened to you.

You feel like you might be forgetting somebody.

"Oh, THAT? thats a Sands Fault. I think a she fell in love with what ever the fucka it is."
Crazyabe? No action, which is fine, but this is about you.

Your now rather hairy comrade jumps into the van, and the vehicle screeches away with only you and Goethe in it. Vince drives like crazy away from the weird lights and the sudden god behind you, and you get back to his house pretty quickly.

The van ride is one short but intense acid trip as a handful of new runes dance across your retinas, waltz over your cereberal cortex and have an afterparty in your adrenal gland before settling in your mind.

New Runes
Degeneration: you saw men turned into animals. This rune turns advanced things like steel bolts into crappy primitive things, like wooden bolts.
Entrance: a god tried to break into our world. You now have a +2 in breaking into magic places you shouldn't be messing about with.
Hiijacking: Sand crashed a summoning-party and inserted herself into the centre of the ritual. Things with this rune written on will be more central to events and will conduct more power and magical energy than they should by rights.
Hassle: a rune that allows you to deal more effectively with multiple threats, distractions and tasks at once.

When the voices stop screaming in ancient languages, you find that one magical and one physical stat of your choice has gone up by one! Which two will it be?

Welp, Ben has pretty much done everything a soldier needs to do.  He went to the mission site, killed some people he was supposed to kill, ran away from big explosions, and helped subjugate the locals afterward.  He's gonna head back to whatever place would be considered home base, which I guess is the house of our quest giver.
You find your way back to Ben's house in the night much like a homing pigeon, and give him a concise but informative report on the mission.

You feel more skilled... at something. Well, two things actually. Ok, the stats on your sheet go up by one in two places; one "magical" and the other physical. Screw immersion, it's too difficult.

Vince, once everyone has gathered at his house, heals the break in Jimmy's leg with a cacaduceus made from a length of copper pipe nailed to two shower heads. He then asks the three remaining witches exactly what happened.

Jimmy mutters something about Sand falling in love with an eldritch force and screwing everything up for everyone and why they don't have women in the mafia.

Goethe explains how he was transformed into a wolf-man then killed a giant beast, and does anyone have any ideas on how he could be human again please?

Ben details his exploits in classic murderously demented veteran fashion, in which he incapacitated several people some of whom weren't civilians before Sand called in the anti-tank bombardment on the Reds.

Vince rolls his eyes, shoos everyone out of his house and into a rented storage space/garage, full of roll mats, sleeping bags, heaters and old christmas food. He gives you the option to get some sleep or just go out and do stuff. It's almost four in the morning by now. You aren't getting paid.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

Everyone on the waitlist down to TankKit, you are now IN! Please post to confirm within a few days! You will begin to play after next turn.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:45:06 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Waitlisters Please Confirm IN!
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2017, 02:49:36 pm »

Firstly, once my pendant recharges, I use my pendant again to try and reverse my new beastly form, since it had done it to me on a 1, and did the opposite of what it normally did. Attempt to talk to the "god" about  how I now better understood the gifts of a human body, approaching a true understanding. If I can't get it to work, do it again an hour later until either it's undone or I'm hairless or something. After the second try, go to sleep, and resume trying in the morning. If I CAN "discard my bestial shape"by the third try, then add my points to Ritual Potency and Agility. If not, Runic Sight and Practicality.

Edit: WAIT! No-one got Lucian's staff? It could have been useful!

And, for some reason, I never got the blood. I asked it in my action two turns ago, but you didn't give it to me. Why?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:33:51 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2017, 02:55:04 pm »

Exist.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2017, 03:27:00 pm »

Exist, dammit!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2017, 03:36:26 pm »

+Bane Combat, +Aim
I Leave and go a to find some hobo's ta rob, Expecting to know when there is a new job
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2017, 03:43:51 pm »

And, for some reason, I never got the blood. I asked it in my action two turns ago, but you didn't give it to me. Why?

You saw nothing. Sorry, I missed that.
One wheel short of a wagon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2017, 05:07:42 pm »

If waitlisters don't turn up, in me?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2017, 06:43:29 pm »

exist. Cue theme music!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2017, 01:10:27 am »

In.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:13:18 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 86