Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Newmeadow: A Community Pony Fort (An Anticlimactic End to a Fort)  (Read 6633 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Newmeadow: A Community Pony Fort (Autumn of 250)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 04:23:06 pm »

Journal of Ryukan Coupleskirt, 1st of Granite 251

Well, I don't believe it, but we made it a whole year. We conquered the wilderness and established a safe refuge from the horrors of our past home. As usual, I'll relay to you the events that brought us here dear journal (I still need a name for you).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is what our fortress's population looked like at the start of winter. Imic leading his troops in combat, our miers drinking and digging, and little Anir playing with her single toy she brought with her. Poor lass is only 9 years old. Far too young to be uprooted the way she had to be. I feel for her. (OOC: I have taken a fondness for our resident child. Just imagine what the poor little Pony is going through.)

I inquired to when her birthday is, and her parents told me it was the 9th of Moonstone, which was only a week away. So, I spent the entire week preparing a party with what we had here. In pony society, when a pony reaches the ripe age of 10, they are deemed ready to venture out and make a living for themselves. A coming of age if you will. Since she is a worshipper of the God of Arts and Poetry, I decided to plan a little project for her.

On the 9th, we all showed her to the Dinning hall and had a small feast. I told her that I had designated the Dining Hall as a tavern and that she was to be our resident Bard, since she had a knack for poetry. She smiled the hardest I have ever seen her smile and she game me the tightest hug I've had in a while. As the party went on, I took a spot near the corner and watched my little ponies dance and laugh and have a good time. It was a sight for sore eyes.

She's a bit of a nerd and very skinny and has a perpetual cough, but wow, can that kid recite poetry like no other... just don't ask for any songs anytime soon.

In other news, our new basement storage room was finished. I asked that all the furniture and finished goods be brought down here. I ordered it to be smoothed at the next opportunity. As for our new bedrooms, I finally got the miners to start digging it instead of smoothing the basement.

After that, I ordered several beds and doors be started in the shops. As for our defenses I began the construction of a mechanics shop to build the mechanisms needed for a bridge. After inquiring around, I found a pony who had a dabbling sense for mechanics and told him he's been promoted. I also got word that our resident mason was pumping out doors of what can only be called masterwork quality.

I stopped by the tavern,  as I was walking down to check the well-house, to see that some of our ponies seemed to be discussing the Crown. They seemed rather into it... I wonder if they are trying to decide who should get the crown next among us....

I ordered the rooms to be smoothed so they look nice for their new occupants i.e. US.

The Bridge was built and I placed a lever in the barracks. I hope it works...

With the beginning of a new year, I see hope. My little ponies have dug out a life here. With the completion of the draw bridge and the walls, we are here to stay. Our food stocks are at an all-time high and our resident Bard is brightening everyone's day. I just hope that the new year brings just as much bounty and rewards this one has.... but somehow I doubt it. I got a suggestion from our Hammer Pony Senshuken to build a Mausoleum to honor our fallen kin. I whole-heartedly agree and next year, we will honor them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[OOC: Loo at what the Hammerer is called in-game now XD

Anywho, I wonder if someone will do fanart of my new favorite pony, our Resident Child Bard. And, sorry about the delay, I just lacked the will to do it. But rest assured, I won't let this die anytime soon. Until next time ya'll.]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:06:13 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Newmeadow: A Community Pony Fort (Spring of 251)
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 04:45:49 pm »

*sigh* Missed it again.
Uh, Ryukan, why didn't you mention my unicorn going to see you? I said it in this.
I must go tell Ryukan at once, maybe she can help me solve this riddle.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 05:02:53 pm »

*sigh* Missed it again.
Uh, Ryukan, why didn't you mention my unicorn going to see you? I said it in this.
I must go tell Ryukan at once, maybe she can help me solve this riddle.

::)

Oops

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2017, 05:14:11 am »

In an OOC fashion, is everyone alright with the idea of Changelings collecting 'Cutie Mark 'books'? I wanted an IC reason for why you can tell what your enemies have killed and it seemed to fit the setting.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2017, 08:54:57 am »

In an OOC fashion, is everyone alright with the idea of Changelings collecting 'Cutie Mark 'books'? I wanted an IC reason for why you can tell what your enemies have killed and it seemed to fit the setting.
It does sound like a good idea, I agree with it.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2017, 09:52:40 am »

Journal of Tankkit:

Chapter 3:

Been too busy, haven't been able to talk to Ryukan yet. Will go talk to her after work finished. Not much time to write stuff down.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 04:50:15 pm »

I won't let this die anytime soon.
Famous last words.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 05:35:47 pm »

I won't let this die anytime soon.
Famous last words.

Dont give up hope, one thing you should know about me is my habitual laziness. This won't die until the last pony draws their last breath.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 10:39:53 pm »

I have this whole week off for vacation, so I'll pop off a few updates to "revive" this fort.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 03:56:20 am »

I could do the your-favorite-pony fanart but you would need to provide some details
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 06:58:03 am »

I was kind of hoping EonDragon would do it, ah well it doesn't matter.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 11:45:29 am »

I was kind of hoping EonDragon would do it, ah well it doesn't matter.
Uh yeah,  he can do it cause I just looked at my week schedule...  Real life is kicking back in
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 01:59:17 am »

Journal of Senshuken, Granite 251

Anir has turned ten!

I confess to my great shame that I have always been a little... distant from my daughter. I've seen so many friends and loved ones disappear and die over the years that I've always tried to distance myself from her in order to try and limit the pain I would have felt if something had happened and she would have been taken from me as well. To see her grow up into a beautiful mare... I feel the need to try and be in her life more. Maybe it'll be to little, to late to make a difference but I want to at least try and improve my relationship with her.

... I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want anything to do with me after being such a poor father to her...
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 11:06:17 pm »

Who's ready for a day of updates tomorrow? I literally have nothing on my plate tomorrow, so, along with this weeks updayes, you'll get a whole year, my treat for waiting through this

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2017, 04:40:06 pm »

Double post

So, changeling seiges are announced the same as Goblin seiges... and this was the shortest fort i've done in a while. Writeup this evening or tomorrow, i'm watching my friend livestream tonight.

In the meantime, any suggestions for a location of a second fort?

Edit: So I'm thinking of genning a large world and then founding a fort in a good biome, any thoughts
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:12:09 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5