Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3546 3547 [3548] 3549 3550 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4151314 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53205 on: July 27, 2024, 02:23:04 am »

I’m having an argument about words being put in my mouth I didn’t say, and generally about the reliability of anonymous sources.

The stuff about Musk is tangential, and doesn’t matter too much; the guy has done enough to be called dishonest without having to twist unrelated things he’s done to discredit him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53206 on: July 27, 2024, 02:43:28 am »

Who and what you choose to defend does say stuff about you, yes, even if you couch those defenses as mere neutral factual statements or "just asking questions".
Your fine btw hector, not talking about you.
Elon's AI being amoung them
Nah, Elon is pro trump 1) Because he was infected with the "woke is worse then death" mind rot and 2) Because he was infected with/already had the libertarian mind rot and 2) Because democrats and Biden in particular have floated the idea of more taxes for billionaires, which is literally the worst possible thing and that would completely destroy the economy, really, Elon is just protecting the middle class here /s.

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1817007890496102490
Trump: You have to get out and vote. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four years, it will be fixed, it will be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore.. In four years, you won’t have to vote again, we'll have it fixed so good you don't have to vote.
On a different note Trump has now flat out promised to end democracy.

Sadly it probably won't change much for his supporters and apologists who were already planning on voting for a rapist-pedo-fascist that was promising and actively tried to arrest his political rival, but one can dream.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53207 on: July 27, 2024, 01:59:27 pm »

The problem here is that there is no credible source for EITHER interpretation. He may have said some shit or he may not have, and all we have is a "one rich dirtbag's word against another rich dirtbag" kinda situation as any promises made with actual weight would be in the form of backroom deals.
I disagree, in the sense that I believe that the term "pledge" should refer to a public statement. With no public statement, there's no pledge.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53208 on: July 27, 2024, 02:28:48 pm »

The fact that trump/musk made their argument public only shows that they haven't finished their negotiations yet. One of the two "rich dirtbags" is attempting to change the battlefront from the private to the public to gain an advantage.

None of it matters unless there is something contractual that can be brought into a court. There is a reason a contract will declare the scope and meaning of a word at the beginning of the contract before using that word in the document. What anyone thinks "pledge" means is unimportant compared to the meaning of "pledge" in the context of the contract that defines "pledge". And since it is Trump on the other end of the negotiations, Musk won't give the money until he has assurances that he will get what he wants out of the deal. That is what is happening... Musk is being told to put money up front and he is balking because he can't get a hold of Trump's grandkid to hold as hostage until trump fulfills his end of the deal.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #53209 on: July 27, 2024, 05:49:28 pm »

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1817007890496102490
Trump: You have to get out and vote. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four years, it will be fixed, it will be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore.. In four years, you won’t have to vote again, we'll have it fixed so good you don't have to vote.
On a different note Trump has now flat out promised to end democracy.
Sadly it probably won't change much for his supporters and apologists who were already planning on voting for a rapist-pedo-fascist that was promising and actively tried to arrest his political rival, but one can dream.

Common sense would suggest that this was just a poorly-worded statement, Trump is not making plans to take over the country and eliminate voting. On the other hand, he did literally try to overturn the last election by force, and has repeatedly shown a willingness to do stupid and terrible things. We should all have learned by now that when Trump says that he intends to do something horrible, we should believe him.

But best case scenario, this was just a poorly-worded statement, and Trump is merely admitting that he doesn't give a shit about his Party holding onto power or the long-term welfare of the country; all Trump cares about is seizing power just long enough to escape the multitude of legal repercussions that are finally catching up to him so that he can live out the short remainder of his life without ever facing any consequences for his lifetime of blatant crimes. That's the best case scenario.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #53210 on: July 28, 2024, 12:25:16 am »

Even with a generous read, Trump statement is that he'll permanently entrench Christian ideals into American laws, which is problematic for both democracy and separation of church and state.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53211 on: July 28, 2024, 02:09:15 am »

The proponents of such measures have very openly and very vocally asserted that they want to REMOVE the separation of church and state.

Why pretend they are approaching this in good faith?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53212 on: July 28, 2024, 04:08:14 am »

It seems a pretty fucking straight forward promise to me. No more voting, Christian authoritarian victory. No interpreter needed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #53213 on: July 28, 2024, 05:05:15 am »

KOSA Will Come To The Senate Floor On Tuesday, Senators Paul & Wyden Explain Why It’s Still Bad
Policy
from the bad-bill-rising dept
Fri, Jul 26th 2024 09:32am - Mike Masnick

https://www.techdirt.com/2024/07/26/kosa-will-come-to-the-senate-floor-on-tuesday-senators-paul-wyden-explain-why-its-still-bad/
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53214 on: July 28, 2024, 08:25:03 am »

KOSA Will Come To The Senate Floor On Tuesday, Senators Paul & Wyden Explain Why It’s Still Bad
Policy
from the bad-bill-rising dept
Fri, Jul 26th 2024 09:32am - Mike Masnick

https://www.techdirt.com/2024/07/26/kosa-will-come-to-the-senate-floor-on-tuesday-senators-paul-wyden-explain-why-its-still-bad/
What private interest is pushing these laws?
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53215 on: July 28, 2024, 02:10:44 pm »

I hate that behaviors like this get labelled "Christian", because they aren't.  I mean, "Christian authoritarian" is an oxymoron if there ever was one.  (Yes yes, I know what it means practically. Ontologically, however, authoritarianism is completely at odds with the teaching of Jesus and the New Testament.)

That's all I'm going to say, though, so I'm not tempted to rant.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53216 on: July 28, 2024, 05:23:50 pm »

I hate that behaviors like this get labelled "Christian", because they aren't.  I mean, "Christian authoritarian" is an oxymoron if there ever was one.  (Yes yes, I know what it means practically. Ontologically, however, authoritarianism is completely at odds with the teaching of Jesus and the New Testament.)

That's all I'm going to say, though, so I'm not tempted to rant.

*yawns* The Teachings of Jesus play a minor role in the ideology of Christianity. And many ideologies have self-contradictory elements in them. Christianity was authoritarian since it came to power in the Roman Empire, if not earlier.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53217 on: July 28, 2024, 05:48:42 pm »

Not even worried about Trump anymore.

Almost every poll is showing trump being trounced. The excitement of democrats is WAY up, thats huge in ANY election, especially one that most people (on both sides) were bored of and probably not vote. Its all but done for republicans imo.

The more people vote, the better it is for democrats.

Funny that

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53218 on: July 28, 2024, 06:15:30 pm »

Ive found that polls so far out dont mean anything for either side.

Momentum shifts, we'll see what happens
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53219 on: July 28, 2024, 06:28:20 pm »

Yeah, the polls are, like... tremendously inaccurate until a few weeks out, and they've gotten kinda' sketchy even that close. Right now they're more or less pointless for anything except driving media engagement :-\

There is more excitement than usual on the dem side on the moment, but the moment is... it's not actually four months from now when the votes get cast. Put away the worry when the election's called, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3546 3547 [3548] 3549 3550 ... 3563