Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3519 3520 [3521] 3522 3523 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4156284 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #52800 on: June 27, 2024, 07:37:55 pm »

The only exciting things that could happen are probably sad, unfortunately.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52801 on: June 27, 2024, 07:42:24 pm »

I'm purposely avoiding it.  My cynical side says that nothing I can watch can be guaranteed to be real, since I can't be there in person.

I watched the one in 2020... and it was ridiculous enough. I can't imagine what we'll get this year.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52802 on: June 27, 2024, 07:56:19 pm »

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-covid-propaganda/

Spoiler: From the article (click to show/hide)

Dear Biden. I would like the person who was in charge of this program to be removed from duties if they have not already been. Furthermore I would like an investigation to be launched into this by an outside, non military and non IC affiliated group staffed by people who do not share a political "faction" with the nincompoop. Finally I would urge an evaluation of whether personal ideological beliefs are interfering with effective foreign policy; and also were this vulnerability to be a driver for this collossal fuckupery, to determine whether attemps were made to exploit this vulnerability as the result of foreign influence among individuals and information operations against a wider audience the nincompoop may have been a part of.
That’s some good thinking Duuvian. We need accountability for this horrendous psyop that occurred. An investigation would probably go a long way into uncovering even more of the details.

Edit watching the debate:
I think both Trump and Biden started off sounding pretty subdued. They are so old. lol
« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 08:06:42 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52803 on: June 27, 2024, 08:08:02 pm »

Biden sounds really bad.

He genuinely sounds like an old man rambling to himself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #52804 on: June 27, 2024, 08:13:40 pm »

WTF happened to Trump's tie?!
Why can't CNN figure out how to turn up the input on their mics so we could actually hear the presidents?

They both sound like rambling old men...but yeah, Biden is coming off significantly worse right now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52805 on: June 27, 2024, 08:26:29 pm »

I just caught a snippet of it. Biden stumbling over everything, while Trump gleefully sucks his own dick and my parents sitting then enthusing about having a turn on it as well. Honestly, I don't know what else I could have expected. I'm halfway tempted to remotely shut down the TV service(which I pay for) from my computer because I'm sickened by my parents' political beliefs. I've heard them say in the past, and I'm mostly quoting directly, "I know he's going to destroy this country, but I'm going to vote for him because he's going to put the n<I can't write that>rs in their place."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52806 on: June 27, 2024, 08:54:48 pm »

This debate is tough to listen to... funny to hear Trump pull out the "I didn't understand what he said, I'm not sure he understood what he said..." card so early (some guy, interviewed by mainstream news in the last day or so, suggested Trump should use that line).
EDIT:and I'm amused that Biden has been mic-cut a couple times and I didn't hear Trump get mic-cut yet.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 09:13:32 pm by anewaname »
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52807 on: June 27, 2024, 09:16:28 pm »

Okay, it was amusing to hear Trump claim that the climate was perfect under his reign; all of his experts told him so every day! Climate change only became a problem after Biden took over.
  • Why must Biden turn literally every sentence into a list?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52808 on: June 27, 2024, 09:39:21 pm »

So I was watching the Fox News coverage, mostly because that’s the channel my TV was tuned to when I found the debate.

1 minute or post-debate analysis, the first guy was alright, the second guy had his head so far up Trump’s ass I wouldn’t be surprised he could taste what Trump had for dinner.

“Biden’s mental decline was so much worse than I thought it would be, people can look back at the tapes and make up their own mind, Trump had a huge command of the facts, but Biden’s decline was so bad.”

It’s just… sad that people fall for this.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52809 on: June 27, 2024, 09:51:28 pm »

Trump saying "We had the H2O!" after being asked about climate policy was the highlight of it for me.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52810 on: June 27, 2024, 09:51:31 pm »

“Biden’s mental decline was so much worse than I thought it would be, people can look back at the tapes and make up their own mind, Trump had a huge command of the facts, but Biden’s decline was so bad.”
It’s just… sad that people fall for this.

Associating Trump with 'Facts' is always laughable.
But analysts across the board are in agreement that this was disastrous for Biden. It's not just Fox News, there are already reports that stark discussions are going on at the top of the Democratic party about how to deal with this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52811 on: June 27, 2024, 09:52:34 pm »

Did have a thought, though. Last cycle, debate wise biden schooled trump so hard the latter just kind of went and hid. With the performance this go 'round not being dominating... does that mean we're actually going to get more debates after this one?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52812 on: June 27, 2024, 09:54:10 pm »

Biden did perfectly fine in my view. He actually had things to say, whereas Trump could hardly bring himself out of a loop spewing the boring fascist squealing about migrants.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52813 on: June 27, 2024, 10:01:14 pm »

Biden did perfectly fine in my view. He actually had things to say, whereas Trump could hardly bring himself out of a loop spewing the boring fascist squealing about migrants.

Yeah my wife watched it for five minutes and was furious that was his only response to it, even after being reminded the question was about childcare.

I stopped paying attention but there was a similar thing when he was asked about how he would help people struggling with addiction.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52814 on: June 27, 2024, 10:03:47 pm »

If American voters were capable of putting aside appearances and prioritizing practical governing policies, then our Presidential history would look very different. But that's not the reality we're living in.
Pages: 1 ... 3519 3520 [3521] 3522 3523 ... 3563