Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3289 3290 [3291] 3292 3293 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4233095 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #49350 on: August 09, 2022, 10:32:39 am »

That's, erh, that's straight secession, isn't it? Sure that's what you want, Florida?
Unrelated to Trump, but I discovered the other day that New Hampshire of all states had some folks who wanted to declare independence.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #49351 on: August 09, 2022, 11:22:19 am »

You'll find some people who want that kind of thing everywhere. In the UK there's some people who want to bring back Mercia. Kinda hilarious it actually made it to a vote though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:58:57 pm by MorleyDev »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49352 on: August 10, 2022, 05:01:50 am »

You'll find some people who want that kind of thing everywhere. In the UK there's some people who want to bring back Mercia. Kinda hilarious it actually made it to a vote though.
I'm surprised they stop with just Mercia. Why not all the heptarchies?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49353 on: August 10, 2022, 06:47:26 am »

I am pretty sure the potential for a federal UK using the traditional petty kingdoms has been discussed on here many moons ago.
This is a blank sig.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #49354 on: August 10, 2022, 09:40:43 am »

Well they're allied with the Northern Independence Party that wants to bring back Northumbria as a country, so I'd guess it's more that if the point is to prefer a bottom-up small land area government structure then you can't really say what should happen outside of your bounds by philosophical definition? Bringing devolution to the north/mid/south divide in the UK is definitely an interesting prospect that's been floated multiple times.

Hmm, now I wonder how many US states have further subdivided breakaway movements inside them. Does Atlanta want to be it's own Independent State of Atlanta? Could there be a Death Valley Independence Party?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #49355 on: August 10, 2022, 10:00:55 am »

Does Atlanta want to be it's own Independent State of Atlanta? Could there be a Death Valley Independence Party?
Staten Island tries to secede from New York City every now and then, but its the usual batch of states that have the independence talk like Texas, California

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49356 on: August 10, 2022, 10:03:36 am »

Could there be a Death Valley Independence Party?
That's certainly a hot topic, but also very dry. If you go into the details, you'll end up in a deep depression.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49357 on: August 10, 2022, 10:06:38 am »

Could there be a Death Valley Independence Party?
That's certainly a hot topic, but also very dry. If you go into the details, you'll end up in a deep depression.
GIVE ME DEATH VALLEY OR GIVE ME _________

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49358 on: August 10, 2022, 12:19:39 pm »

The desire to secede is always backed by three groups of people:
- Those who want to avoid paying taxes...
- Those who want to change the laws...
- Those who want the authorization to hurt people...

The worst offenders in police departments (or who were ejected from police departments) are the same guys that support secession because they want authorization to hurt other people.

The other guys, that want to avoid paying taxes and to change the laws, they have their own unethical purposes in mind; the use of governing to steal and stay above the law.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49359 on: August 10, 2022, 12:39:52 pm »

So which of the three were the founding fathers?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49360 on: August 10, 2022, 12:44:18 pm »

The first one in large part. Also some of the second one.

Let's not forget that cultural differences/social conflicts is a potential reason too (for secession speaking generally). And that the reasons are not automatically unethical.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49361 on: August 10, 2022, 12:47:09 pm »

Self-determination is a pretty big one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #49362 on: August 10, 2022, 12:50:41 pm »

So which of the three were the founding fathers?
NO TAXATION something something

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49363 on: August 10, 2022, 01:13:01 pm »

My favorite part on twitter that makes me laugh so much at how dumb they are is...

"BUT BUT WUT ABOUT HUNTER BIDEN!"

but its always hunter biden, no republican actually goes after joe biden himself lol. Sometimes about his possible mental state or mental decline whether its true or not, but nothing that requires the FBI to investigate. Nope they only attack hunter biden lol

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49364 on: August 10, 2022, 01:22:44 pm »

When I saw the announcement for the movie "my son hunter" I had a big lightbulb moment. I bet you most of the people latching onto this really hard either see their own progeniture, or the neighbours', as failure... And if it's the latter the neighbour probably thinks the same about the first person's kid.
let
Pages: 1 ... 3289 3290 [3291] 3292 3293 ... 3567