Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2406 2407 [2408] 2409 2410 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4225133 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #36105 on: April 06, 2020, 07:09:22 am »

As long as we have people who need to fail social distancing in the process of doing their ‘essential’ jobs, there is always a risk. 
And people needing to go out to scavenge for essentials.  So yea, testing still helps in catching infestations.

Yes, we know the federal arm is not doing much, other then covering it’s own arse and campaigning for the next election.
But at least the governors can do something with the info.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36106 on: April 06, 2020, 07:11:40 am »

PPPPHHHTHT!

Even *WITH* good information, advisors that are skilled in interpreting that information, and experts guiding that advice---

OUR LEADERS HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF DOING FUCK ALL ELSE ANYWAY.

No, the data collected needs to be as accurate as possible so that future generations, should they NOT BE STUPID like ours, can use the data to better address calamities like this in their times of need.

Or foreigners. We’re watching the numbers too. Certainly been instructive to see how quickly things blow up and overwhelm the medical system. That kind of helps you too, as we won’t need to hoard masks and ventilators if we can keep things under control.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36107 on: April 06, 2020, 07:46:29 am »

PPPPHHHTHT!

Even *WITH* good information, advisors that are skilled in interpreting that information, and experts guiding that advice---

OUR LEADERS HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF DOING FUCK ALL ELSE ANYWAY.

No, the data collected needs to be as accurate as possible so that future generations, should they NOT BE STUPID like ours, can use the data to better address calamities like this in their times of need.

Yeah, agreed.  But there's more than the current line-up in government who needs a general idea of what's happening.  Like if the pandemic is still increasing in scope but officially reported numbers stop increasing along with testing, employers are liable to go "alright it's over!  back to work!" as just one example.  Yeah, far too many are trying that already, but without numbers in their face (the one thing in the world business people understand - put it on a spreadsheet or powerpoint graph), it would be so much worse.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36108 on: April 06, 2020, 08:26:22 am »

Numbers can easily be ignored if it is an obstacle to their livelihood or profits.

It has to hit closer to home before the more stubborn lot get it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #36109 on: April 06, 2020, 08:35:23 am »

Also everyone can't stay locked down forever. You need some people running things. Those people need to be tested.

Also the point is people are still spreading it. As long as people are still being jackasses, testing has value.

The essential workers in the US is an absurd range of jobs. My mother is still working Childcare in person despite having only 3 students and my cousins (the ones who weren't fired) are still working in car production.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36110 on: April 06, 2020, 09:12:03 am »

My old people are not gonna stop being old.

Honestly, I actually *WANT* to just wait this out instead of being in a high infection risk hotspot every day.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36111 on: April 06, 2020, 05:52:42 pm »

Also everyone can't stay locked down forever. You need some people running things. Those people need to be tested.

Also the point is people are still spreading it. As long as people are still being jackasses, testing has value.

Nah, I've seen the people making decisions/wanting to make decisions. We're significantly better off with leadership where decisions are made based on the flip of a coin.

The essential workers in the US is an absurd range of jobs. My mother is still working Childcare in person despite having only 3 students and my cousins (the ones who weren't fired) are still working in car production.

It's a wide range, but mostly "whoever is paid the least."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36112 on: April 06, 2020, 06:12:34 pm »

I mean, if anybody wants to head back out and start figuring out what the new normal is gonna be, we have to know who has it, who they might have given it to, and assuming reinfection isn't a thing we really need to know who has gotten over it because they are literally more valuable than anyone else at keeping everything trundling along in low-battery mode until we can find a charger for the economy and a free outlet.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36113 on: April 06, 2020, 06:57:28 pm »

Cool. This is a good time to be shoveling taxpayer money to corporate donors with no strings attached, while also doing everything in your power to make sure taxpayers can't receive basic-ass care.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36114 on: April 06, 2020, 07:06:17 pm »

Hell, even TURNING POINT FUCKING USA is advocating for direct aid to college students. Like, seriously. These specific Dems are worse than them right now.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36115 on: April 06, 2020, 07:11:36 pm »

Cool. This is a good time to be shoveling taxpayer money to corporate donors with no strings attached, while also doing everything in your power to make sure taxpayers can't receive basic-ass care.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when this country falls. I will not be surprised. A country cannot exist without citizens

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36116 on: April 06, 2020, 07:26:13 pm »

Bail the rich, buryleave the poor to rot(as long as they don’t dirty the view).  Such is our political devotion to corporatism and their lobbying/campaign financing.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36117 on: April 06, 2020, 07:28:32 pm »

Bail the rich, buryleave the poor to rot(as long as they don’t dirty the view).  Such is our political devotion to corporatism and their lobbying/campaign financing.
Is there a way this can be stopped? Or do we wait until complete collapse?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36118 on: April 06, 2020, 07:40:09 pm »

Is there a way this can be stopped? Or do we wait until complete collapse?
We organize. It's the one and only way.

Unfortunately, a lot of people buy into the neoliberal propaganda.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36119 on: April 06, 2020, 08:13:53 pm »

Unsurprisingly, I think there will be a lot more interest in things like relocating/reconstructing local supply chains/manufacturing, less tolerance for "outsource all the things and slash all the costs, SHARE PRICE MUST GO UP, SHAREHOLDERS AND CEOS MUST BE REWARDED MORE" bullshit, and a much wider audience willing to listen to dicussions about things like reversing the trend where all social safety nets must be eliminated directly, sabotaged if not, and demonized if nothing else.

Whole bunch of folks are going to find it harder to cheer for the murderous cuntbags talking about picking yourself up by your bootstraps, especially after they had to boil and eat their boots to survive.

I still don't expect the stupid mouthbreathers dreaming of getting a whiff of Trump's ass to turn on him, they're not living in the same world the rest of us were, so I doubt they will notice or care about the changes happening to the world we're going to be living in.

I do however think that if the election in Nov was a choice between the orange bitchbaby and an empty chair, the empty chair would win.

I'm not even sure Hillary could have fucked up and managed to lose again in this situation, but as the true scale and horror of things becomes both impersonally huge and personally felt by each and every little cluster of survivors looking at the gaps where the dead should be, I wouldn't be too excited to be on weakboy's reelection team even if this wasn't murderfucking the economy which his corporate users(I'd say fans but nobody really likes the guy, but lots of people like using him) require so they can leech off of society without consequence.

The bitchbaby is continually demonstrating how utterly incapable of leadership he is, his reflex to lie and deflect and push the blame off on others is just providing a nonstop trove of free campaign ads for "literally anybody besides this cunt" now.

After we get done laughing about how hilarious him going to prison was we will hopefully also be bidding a hatefilled farebadly to many of the worst parts of the senate and house while the concessions Sanders will be able to get from Biden about pushing a more progressive agenda are going to look a fuckton more popular than they would have been without the protracted strangling of our late capitalist system we might have been stuck with this fall.
Pages: 1 ... 2406 2407 [2408] 2409 2410 ... 3566