Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2360 2361 [2362] 2363 2364 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4196855 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35415 on: March 11, 2020, 01:06:05 pm »

So, any berniestans here who are delusional enough to think bernie can still win this thing?

I love how the 538 model barely changed after last night because it already had Biden winning over 99% of the time lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 02:01:48 pm by Dutchling »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35416 on: March 11, 2020, 01:15:15 pm »

So, any berniestans here who are delusional enough to think bernie can still win this thing?

I love how the 530 model barely changed after last night because it already had Biden winning over 99% of the time lol

Bernie Bro is, I believe, the current nickname.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #35417 on: March 11, 2020, 02:01:17 pm »

I love how the 530 model barely changed after last night because it already had Biden winning over 99% of the time lol

I never quite understood why they are called that when most brothers support Joe Biden.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35418 on: March 11, 2020, 02:04:06 pm »

Bernie Bros is an older term then this current election.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35419 on: March 11, 2020, 02:19:26 pm »

I never quite understood why they are called that when most brothers support Joe Biden.

It is a wild name when more than half of his supporters are women.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35420 on: March 11, 2020, 02:36:54 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:14:51 pm by dragdeler »
let

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35421 on: March 11, 2020, 02:51:42 pm »

Must I really consider them homo sapiens sapiens?

This is how shitty politics happens.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35422 on: March 11, 2020, 03:03:50 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:14:55 pm by dragdeler »
let

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #35423 on: March 11, 2020, 03:04:46 pm »

uh oh does somebody need social democrat votes? sure hope a compromise can be reached that satisfies both the sandersites and bidenists

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35424 on: March 11, 2020, 04:12:57 pm »

It's 2016 all over again. I voted for Hilary because I didn't have a choice anymore, and she still lost.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35425 on: March 11, 2020, 04:19:11 pm »

Yes, I'm expecting something of a repeat of 2016 in general on election day.  The big difference is that people take Trump seriously now, so I don't think nearly as many people will be surprised when he wins.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #35426 on: March 11, 2020, 04:32:43 pm »

losing the election to own the socdems 😎😎

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35427 on: March 11, 2020, 06:24:22 pm »

Just got back on, started to look through and think about engaging with the idea that Biden is somehow bad enough to cross your arms and pout like petulant children, but no, fuck that noise.

We have a conservative majority in the supreme court, we barely escaped all sorts of awful shit passing because republicans don't know how to do anything but cross their arms and shake their heads anymore, while Trump is such a hilariously incompetent moron he was too busy losing arguments with himself to make use of the period his party controlled all three branches of the government.

Acting like you have a point when you're saying "YEAH BUT BIDEN IS BAD TOO" seems like poorly thought out attempts to justify voting for Trump, or thinly veiled efforts at sowing dissent to try and get him elected again because republicans have known for a decade they don't have a fair chance anymore, and instead of trying to improve themselves or their positions they decided if they can't win fair elections they just have to get rid of the fair part, right?

Trump lost by 2.6 million votes, but one of the oldest defenses against fair elections was able to take tens of thousands of votes in three states and completely reverse the outcome by showing that 20k people here, 50k people there, just by voting on the right side of arbitrary lines on a map were better suited for picking the outcome of an election than literally millions of other people who happened to be on the wrong side of some of those arbitrary lines.

Clinton has had a republican hate machine operating for decades against her and her family, Trump received an unbelievably valuable amount of free press coverage, Clinton was treated as a shrill uppity woman who needs to learn her place, Trump had every flaw and scandal and fuckup forgiven while being taken seriously despite his massive pile of fuckups and failures giving every reason to point and laugh and ignore him because obviously he couldn't win until oh shit what the hell did he just win?

I'm taking the way Biden has people coming out in states he hasn't even canvassed yet and overwhelming candidates who were soaking the nation in ads to be a sign that people learned better than to expect Trump to flame-out and crash. For some reason republicans are extra susceptible to the delusional bullshit he spews and can't be counted on to reject the vile godless adulterer.

I went to check that the mother-in-law was taking it seriously and mentioned to her that despite what Trump has been spewing, COVID-19 is actually a big deal and we should be incredibly careful because that orange moron is gonna get thousands of people killed by the end of march.

Didn't notice her husband was in the kitchen and haven't really engaged him in any way on Trump but he comes out after hearing me say Trump said it would be fine to go to work even if you were sick and insists "he never said that, where did you see that he said that, he was shaking hands with dignitaries, when did he say that" and I was literally dumbfounded, tried to tell him 'your own sources, take your pick, fox news if you want' but he kept insisting he never said that and that there is no reason to panic because it's just like the flu so I just wandered off, baffled because I've never encountered such a harsh disconnect from reality outside of an acid trip.

This isn't a situation where you get to pretend you're not a shitty person because you're mad Bernie is doomed so you're gonna spite vote for Trump, that's a bitch move, be better or own your shittiness.

I hate that Warren was knocked out, I could get excited over her, I hate that Bernie has no real path left, I could at least take comfort in the idea that he might get some of his ideas pushed through, and I hate that Biden has the high ground, Bernie has his brothers, they loved him, he was supposed to rally the youth vote, not disappoint them... but this time if they're not with us, they're against us, and we know what we must do, so we will try.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #35428 on: March 11, 2020, 06:27:33 pm »

Spoiler: just wait (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35429 on: March 11, 2020, 06:33:09 pm »

I can't wait for Biden to publicly have another aneurysm in mid-October.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2360 2361 [2362] 2363 2364 ... 3566