Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1917 1918 [1919] 1920 1921 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4211334 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28770 on: March 12, 2019, 10:26:22 am »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #28771 on: March 12, 2019, 11:26:29 am »

This made me extremely happy today and I wanted to share it.

What is this picture of?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28772 on: March 12, 2019, 12:24:14 pm »

Donald Trump revealing himself to be Shang Tsung, a shapeshifting Mortal Kombat villain.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28773 on: March 12, 2019, 12:28:45 pm »

Elizabeth Warren commits electoral suicide
inb4 suicided by google assassins
"Elizabeth Warren was found dead today. Cause of desth is believed to be a freak search engine accident."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28774 on: March 12, 2019, 01:36:36 pm »

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:58:58 pm by Trekkin »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28775 on: March 12, 2019, 01:37:20 pm »

Google assassins are fairly predictable though; they overwhelmingly use the entrances that everyone else uses, and the ones who don't take so long to get there that they're practically irrelevant.

It's the Bing assassins you need to worry about... Nobody even considers the fact that they're there, and when they do arrive they're completely unpredictable.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28776 on: March 12, 2019, 07:20:26 pm »

Or you could get an Ask Jeeves assassin, though not all butlers are as keen to carry one out.

(There are some weird people out there.)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28777 on: March 12, 2019, 07:40:31 pm »

Donald Trump revealing himself to be Shang Tsung, a shapeshifting Mortal Kombat villain.

From the Mortal Kombat live action movies, if that already wasn't clear enough.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28778 on: March 12, 2019, 07:47:59 pm »

Or you could get an Ask Jeeves assassin, though not all butlers are as keen to carry one out.

(There are some weird people out there.)

I support Donald Trump, and also bombing Milwaukee.

Ok bro.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28779 on: March 13, 2019, 02:59:59 pm »

50 People Charged in College Admission Scandal

Rich people act like the rules don't apply to them. Shocking.

But I don't get it...don't tons of kids from all tax brackets get parents to do their homework for them all the time? I mean, nobody really believes that most children are getting through their educational years purely on their own merits, right? So then why is bribing your kid's way into college suddenly a big fat federal crime?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28780 on: March 13, 2019, 03:08:27 pm »

Because this is different bribing from the normal bribing. Normal bribing, you shell out a few million in private donations to the school in question, and in return they let your kid in. This bribing, they pay a middle man a lesser amount in order to falsify prestigious records so that kids can get into the school "on their own merit", which means the school doesn't get that fat check.

And when the ivy league boyos aren't getting the cash stacks that are duly owed them, the government needs to get involved and set things right.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28781 on: March 13, 2019, 03:33:58 pm »

Yeah, parents are paying to have documents falsified saying they're kids were part of  varsity sports teams they never actually were on, in order to get them in to Ivy League schools where shit like that matters, for some reason.

The link between athletics and education is pretty asinine in my opinion. It's supposed to teach discipline and work ethic which in turn makes you a better student. Really nowadays it just seems like a check mark on a box, for those that aren't going for professional sports careers.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28782 on: March 13, 2019, 03:49:44 pm »

Trump issues emergency order to ground Boeing 737 planes.

After 2 of these planes crashed in recent months, several countries began grounding the Boeing 737. Notably, the US refused to do join in, and continued flying Boeing 737's, until today when Trump issued his emergency order.

Now, this grounding of planes seems like an overreaction to me. There are tons of these things in the air and there have been for years without issue. And there is absolutely no evidence that these crashes were related in any way to the hardware or software of the plane. And losing all of those planes suddenly is going to be very hard on the already struggling airports, slowing their services and costing them money they can't afford. This in turn is going to mean hardship for all of the people who need to travel.

Moreover though, why the hell is Trump getting involved in this? He knows nothing about planes or safety, and no part of his job description has anything to do with oversight of airport operations. This feels like yet another example of presidential overreach.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28783 on: March 13, 2019, 03:53:59 pm »

The link between athletics and education is pretty asinine in my opinion. It's supposed to teach discipline and work ethic which in turn makes you a better student. Really nowadays it just seems like a check mark on a box, for those that aren't going for professional sports careers.

That link is there for the schools' sake, not the students. If you ask, you'll get a lot of pabulum about character-building and leadership, none of which seem to impress themselves upon the actual communications and/or management majors special-admitted onto the actual teams but which make for good ad copy. Similarly, everyone seems to think it's a net financial gain -- not directly, in many cases, but rather through some vague hope that successful alumni will look past their own generally miserable college experiences to some nebulous "school spirit" and donate on that basis.

About the one useful function they do perform is to serve as a common enemy for the real students, the faculty, and the staff, but they're actually kept around because nobody wants to explain to their donors why they were the first school to shut down the teams.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28784 on: March 13, 2019, 04:00:37 pm »

Moreover though, why the hell is Trump getting involved in this? He knows nothing about planes or safety, and no part of his job description has anything to do with oversight of airport operations. This feels like yet another example of presidential overreach.
Quite the contrary; he knows more than anyone about planes AND safety. Nobody knows it better than him!
Pages: 1 ... 1917 1918 [1919] 1920 1921 ... 3566