Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 [1910] 1911 1912 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4210736 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28635 on: February 28, 2019, 02:42:34 pm »

Kim’s enjoying being treated like a big boy at the big boy’s table, telling the other big boys he’s a big boy and won’t do what they want.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28636 on: February 28, 2019, 02:52:33 pm »

Realistically, seems a pretty great idea to get out of the divine mandate banana dictator business with a golden parachute, including no 'legal liability' or anything for the top brass. 
Bonus points for being the person who 'gave up on power', 'peacemaker', and 'gave north korean people back their freedom'.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28637 on: February 28, 2019, 03:36:25 pm »

TBF DF nobles literally do nothing productive and are often detrimental with needless mandates and jailing/hammering actually useful people.

Meanwhile in meatspace, we're quickly headed for another financial fuckup economic recession, except instead of houses its cars.  Car loans directly with dealers with no regard to credit score/history, and a lot of cyclical repossession and reselling of used cars.  Record highs of 'severely delinquent' car payments.

Student loans are also looking to default in a few years, even though they legally can't.  Either way, its honestly not like we got out of the last recession in reality, so I can't wait.

So, if I'm reading correctly, you're suggesting we install magma pumps and floodgates in congress?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28638 on: February 28, 2019, 04:39:19 pm »

So, if I'm reading correctly, you're suggesting we install magma pumps and floodgates in congress?

No reason to spend taxpayer money for the additional floodgates at this point, really. Give the small-governmenters what they want for a change, eh?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28639 on: February 28, 2019, 04:53:22 pm »

Preventing the Congressplosion can be a great boon to FPS. All you have to do is go to status, select stocks, press the crash button and then go over to animals and geld all the congresscritters!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #28640 on: March 01, 2019, 03:40:19 am »

*sigh*.... here we go...

CNN picked a bunch of political operatives to ask Bernie questions at a town hall, and labeled them to viewers as just ordinary people.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/02/did-cnn-stack-the-audience-for-bernies-town-hall-l.html
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28641 on: March 01, 2019, 03:44:07 am »

It's almost like the establishment democrats are scared of Bernie or something... /s

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28642 on: March 01, 2019, 10:58:50 am »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28644 on: March 01, 2019, 01:25:53 pm »

Quick recap on the candidates SO FAR. I'm partially using this list: (https://www.politico.com/interactives/2019/2020-democratic-presidential-candidates-list/), but abridging it in places and expanding it in others.
Spoiler: March 2019 list! (click to show/hide)

I could give a list of those who might run, but I'd be hear all day and that list would be outdated in a minute. So only the big names: Biden is coming to a decision and, like Sanders, sits atop most polls right now. Michael R. Bloomberg has professed a real interest: he'd be coming at this from the very opposite side as Sanders. Beto O'Rourke made headlines after nearly winning in Texas against Ted Cruz, and has reportedly "made a decision", though he hasn't yet told us what it is. Seth Moulton of the House is interested, but after his failed challenge to Nancy Pelosi it's unclear if he has it. Former governors Hickenlooper and Terry McAuliffe have similar resumes. Finally, in terms of those who probably or definitely isn't running: Clinton is unlikely, Eric Holder unlikely, VP-nominee Tim Kaine is unlikely, Kerry is nah, Cuomo too busy yelling at NYC Mayor De Blasio for ruining his Amazon deal to run, and Martin O'Malley learned his lesson from last time.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28645 on: March 01, 2019, 02:17:34 pm »

I just get the foreboding feeling from Biden like I do from hurricanes when I'm sitting at the edge of a probability cone. There's tremendous power there, and I'm just hoping it decides not to come here. But if it does there's not much we can do except ride it out and hope for the best.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28646 on: March 01, 2019, 02:24:36 pm »

Of note, that person that Bernie hired is apparently protected under DACA, and also provides proof that they pay taxes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28647 on: March 01, 2019, 02:33:03 pm »

I hope Klobuchar wins, it's about time Minnesota extended its rightful dominion over the rest of the US. And we've not forgotten 1984, time to right the wrongs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28648 on: March 01, 2019, 02:40:14 pm »

I just get the foreboding feeling from Biden like I do from hurricanes when I'm sitting at the edge of a probability cone. There's tremendous power there, and I'm just hoping it decides not to come here. But if it does there's not much we can do except ride it out and hope for the best.

I guess you could say he's biden his time.

yes I know you've probably heard that joke 50 times before, no I'm not sorry
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28649 on: March 01, 2019, 02:44:37 pm »

Not entirely sure what you mean, like he'd be a strong contender? Right now, the polling mostly indicates name recognition, not neccesarily support. IMO he's a bit too gaffe prone in that it would be harder to just go 'Oh, it's just Uncle Biden being silly again.'. Then again, it's mild compared to Trump.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee joins the race.
New race, who dis?

The current Governor of Washington state? Not sure what else you want to know.

I hope Klobuchar wins, it's about time Minnesota extended its rightful dominion over the rest of the US. And we've not forgotten 1984, time to right the wrongs.

1984?
Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 [1910] 1911 1912 ... 3566