Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1902 1903 [1904] 1905 1906 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4210208 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28545 on: February 22, 2019, 10:53:58 am »

Deep sounds more like an anal reference tbh
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28546 on: February 22, 2019, 12:59:14 pm »

Deep under the covers
Love, scriver~

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28547 on: February 22, 2019, 02:08:01 pm »

Kind of a different topic, but related to American politics: I had a thought while doing my taxes that the tax change has removed some incentive to make charitable donations for a lot of people.  The elimination of the personal exemption and increase of the standard deduction means I'd have had to have donated thousands more to see any tax benefit from it.

Naturally, I donated what I did because I wanted to, not because of the tax breaks, but I wonder if this will have any measurable impact on charities.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28548 on: February 22, 2019, 04:02:09 pm »

Realistically, since people do not get a tax break for donating anymore, that charity money will go to taxes instead.  Having the budget to do more is another matter.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28549 on: February 22, 2019, 11:38:23 pm »

Atleast it denotes where the actually generous people of the world are, even if that doesn't help the needy recipients of charity work in the first place.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28550 on: February 23, 2019, 12:38:04 am »

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:47:15 am by wierd »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28552 on: February 23, 2019, 06:35:50 am »

Also, situation snowballs.
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/431241-judge-tosses-north-carolina-mandatory-voter-id-law-cites
I don't believe in hoping for good things, but at least it will upset Republicans before the inevitable 5-4 decision.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #28553 on: February 23, 2019, 07:49:07 am »

I am convinced that nothing will upset Republican Conservatives. They are the 'do no wrong' party.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28554 on: February 23, 2019, 09:36:26 am »

No, they are the "holier than thou" party.  I would say this has come from their dubious flirtation with religiosity.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28555 on: February 23, 2019, 09:43:16 am »

They're so far right, they can't do wrong.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28556 on: February 23, 2019, 12:43:42 pm »

I am convinced that nothing will upset Republican Conservatives. They are the 'do no wrong' party.

much better
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28557 on: February 24, 2019, 02:30:39 pm »

Just as long as it gets the democrats more motivated than the Republicans. That's what really matters.
Republicans are increasingly pushing out less extreme members, so it matters less and less how many horrible things they do since "at least they're not liberals" keeps becoming a more valid argument.

All I care about is getting orange hands off the nuclear button and pushing as many isolationists out of diplomatic positions as possible.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28558 on: February 24, 2019, 02:34:28 pm »

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/431241-judge-tosses-north-carolina-mandatory-voter-id-law-cites
Geez.  The judges' problem wasn't the law, it was that he considered the legislator that passed to have no authority because of how gerrymandered it was.  I image judges and lawyers are going to be talking about this ruling for a while.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28559 on: February 24, 2019, 02:53:53 pm »

Geez.  The judges' problem wasn't the law, it was that he considered the legislator that passed to have no authority because of how gerrymandered it was.  I image judges and lawyers are going to be talking about this ruling for a while.
The judge sounded super salty, too.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1902 1903 [1904] 1905 1906 ... 3566