Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1628 1629 [1630] 1631 1632 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4241296 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #24435 on: October 20, 2018, 03:38:41 am »

I thought he was denied access to hardware.

And it's not like he's in a very private space, where it wouldn't be obvious to someone casually walking by and looking at his screen when he's online.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24436 on: October 20, 2018, 03:45:11 am »

He could work around that. We've all seen Ant-Man And The Wasp.

Well, maybe he hasn't...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24437 on: October 20, 2018, 03:57:51 am »

I support reproductive rights but I think there should be trimester limits. 1st, no limitations. 2nd must have serious reason e.g. rape baby. 3rd must be absolute medical necessity. But I digress.
And then there's Peter Singer, who has argued that the truly moral option is to allow for no-limitation abortion up to and including the fourth trimester.

And I see that the plont is thinkening with the Khashoggi case... So, rather than being fine and not-killed (even a little), it is startlingly revealed that he accidentally died in an impromptu fisticuffs tournament with the 12-15 people sent to have a friendly chat with him. Such are the natural dangers of sports at an advanced age.

But, perhaps... what if there was foul play? Hmmmmmm...

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24438 on: October 20, 2018, 05:11:23 am »

Stage 1: "Nuh uh hes fine he went home and THEN vanished"

Stage 2: "We dont know anything guvner"

Stage 3: "Okay maybe he DID die in the embassy and then the body vanished"

Cant wait for Stage 4: "Yeah we totally bumped him off but by dragging this out we gave trumpo a chance to distract the world by sitting on a dog accidentally"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24439 on: October 20, 2018, 05:30:46 am »

Maybe it's been a combination of overzealous minions (a la Shrewsbury?) and complete misunderstanding. ("We need to sit down with him, over dinner, and have a thorough conversation. Take him out, will you? (beat) ...are you listening? I said take him out.")

((The latter slightly inspired by something heard just now, apropos of no reason other than there's nowhere obvious place for this, half overheard between the counter-staff of this cafe and someone in the back room, over a birthday card or something: "How do you spell Keily**?" <<mostly indiscernable reply seems to be spelling it out>> "?ELL? wye..?", as if the presence of an L was the strange bit.)  ** - Or Keely or Keilly or Kheeley or Ceelie or who knows what version the parents used.)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24440 on: October 20, 2018, 05:43:14 am »

I support reproductive rights but I think there should be trimester limits. 1st, no limitations. 2nd must have serious reason e.g. rape baby. 3rd must be absolute medical necessity. But I digress.
That's pretty much where I stand, too.  And I'd rather help people guard against STI and use methods to only conceive deliberately.  The methods aren't perfect, but they're pretty close with proper education.

Yeah. Abstinence is bullshit. 15-20 year olds are physiologically predisposed towards sexual experimentation, telling them just don't is fucking stupid.

I feel like this maybe isn't what you meant exactly, but I'd like to put forth (pretentiously clarify?) that ABSTINENCE ONLY is bullshit, that the concept of abstinence in and of itself has been successfully practiced, and that I was perfectly able to just choose not to have sex when I was a teenager. I've never slept with anyone but my now-wife. This was absolutely only possible due to proper education, and amounts to a personal choice on my part.

But I guess this is a bit off-topic from politics now. To put it back on topic, politicians that want to remove abortion as an option completely are ignorant and/or paid for. Probably "and". Even everyone here for all of our very different perspectives shy away from that concept.

Oof. Yeah that's what I meant. Abstinence is totally doable but preaching just say no has never worked for anything ever without proper education as well.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24441 on: October 20, 2018, 09:07:46 am »

Maybe it's been a combination of overzealous minions (a la Shrewsbury?) and complete misunderstanding. ("We need to sit down with him, over dinner, and have a thorough conversation. Take him out, will you? (beat) ...are you listening? I said take him out.")

It's certainly in the realm of plausibility. I can't tell from the wiki article whether King Henry II tried to lie his way out or told the truth and theres no proof that it was a misunderstanding on MBS part.

Also, picking a fight with 15 people, who does that? It also doesn't jibe with the earlier 'botched interrogation' explaination.

edit: Now they're saying he died from a chokehold, which is different from 'died from picking a fight with 15 people'.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 09:41:16 am by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #24442 on: October 20, 2018, 11:11:10 am »

I've always suspected that there was an amount of bullshittery in Henry II's claims. I mean, it's all too convenient to say he meant it figuratively, but even though the exact wording is disputed, all accounts seem to support an aggressive turn of phrase.  I think that at the very least he expected someone to deliver a beating and things got out of hand.

If he really didn't think that his word as king couldn't be interpretated as an order/suggestion, then that supports my belief about royals being inbred idiots for the most part
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24443 on: October 20, 2018, 11:22:47 am »

Regarding the Assange Ecuadorian embassy case, it looks pretty clear that they're measures intended to make Assange nervous about staying. Mandatory medical checks which he has to pay for, restricted access to internet, threats to take his cat away - with stipulations that to fail any such requirements will mean he gets kicked out, and aforementioned stipulations being written in Spanish so he can't read them, it's a clear "GTFO" note

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24444 on: October 20, 2018, 12:50:24 pm »

Apparently the Saudis have arrested a pile of people and fired some advisers/intelligence chiefs.

Oh, also he got beaten to death in the consulate. Which is a new and different story. Which clashes with what outside investigators are finding.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/world/wp/2018/10/19/saudi-government-acknowledges-journalist-jamal-khashaoggi-died-while-in-that-countrys-consulate-in-istanbul/?utm_term=.2c92e66c7394
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24445 on: October 20, 2018, 12:54:24 pm »

It was self-defence, Khashoggi brutally assaulted 16 men and they were forced to defend themselves with bone saws

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24446 on: October 20, 2018, 01:01:53 pm »

Sounds like some asshat in Saudi intelligence decided to take initiative, kill the guy, and try to hide the body with bonesaws.

At least that's my theory for now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24447 on: October 20, 2018, 02:11:52 pm »

Sounds like some asshat in Saudi intelligence decided to take initiative, kill the guy, and try to hide the body with bonesaws.

At least that's my theory for now.
That will probably end up being the Saudi party line. Arresting intelligence chiefs seems to line up with that but I reckon they won't actually come out and say it for a while, when they've finished interrogating (or """""interrogating""""" depending on how true that all is) those guys.

It was self-defence, Khashoggi brutally assaulted 16 men and they were forced to defend themselves with bone saws

This is what happens when you violate the NAP.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #24448 on: October 20, 2018, 08:03:44 pm »

Er...

I keep seeing adverts against Proposition 8, which is something that would limit the amount of money kidney dialysis clinics can make, or something like that. I think this is a California only thing. I live in Wisconsin.

Is this normal?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24449 on: October 20, 2018, 08:06:26 pm »

Yeah I get Cali ads and I'm in Missouri
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1628 1629 [1630] 1631 1632 ... 3567