Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4243459 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22710 on: August 17, 2018, 01:16:19 pm »

*cackles*

Eventually the only one Trump will have left to retaliate against will be himself.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22711 on: August 17, 2018, 02:49:50 pm »

Now we just need a system of electing professionals who are motivated by the good of the nation, rather than a popularity contest whose winners are allowed to be subsidized by lobbies...

And what, precisely, does an election that is not a popularity contest look like systemically?

Other than a rigged election, of course.

AI rule, of course! It's democratic because the god-machine already knows what you want.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22712 on: August 17, 2018, 02:57:58 pm »

Calling those "democratic" is a stretch though. Most of the time, it was election by a few grandees, with the son of the previous monarch elected in almost all cases. The Poles are sort of an exception due to the way they decided who was noble. (All the sons of a noble were nobles, so in the end something like 10% of the population could vote).
A long, long time ago...

(PS, I'm Starver! And so's my wife!)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22713 on: August 17, 2018, 03:11:26 pm »

His name is Robert PaulsonStarver.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22714 on: August 17, 2018, 05:41:02 pm »

In fiction, it's really common to have a thing where if you personally kill the old leader, you become the new leader.

While it makes for nice dramatic action, I'm pretty certain no actual society or group ever worked in that fashion, so it could well be a new, untested, and exciting, means of transitioning to a new President. I suggest televise the bouts, from a spherical battle-drome, with colorful body-armor, rollerblades and katanas.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22715 on: August 17, 2018, 06:02:26 pm »

That would require that the murder be in the form of a duel that's pre-announced and scheduled (so that you can sell tickets). Obviously, if they can see it coming, the sitting leader can abuse their power to gain an advantage in the fight. It's fairer if you allow for assassination.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22716 on: August 17, 2018, 06:14:09 pm »

Nonsense, the assassin in question must make proper public challenge. At which point, both parties are kidnapped in the middle of the night on an undisclosed date and brought to the REPLUBLIDROME or the DEMOCRATHEATER in secrecy, depending on the political alignment of the POTUS.

Whereupon they are allowed to fight to the death with medieval implements of combat.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22717 on: August 17, 2018, 06:26:34 pm »

Personally, I think cloning is the future of politics. Just churn out vats of history's most recognizable leaders, or let corporations create their own recognizable brands of politician that offer competitive suites of features for the discerning voter. Whether your party's looking for a Zesty Ranch Maverick, a Sweet 'n' Sour Partisan, or just a Classic Hitler, the market will provide.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22718 on: August 17, 2018, 06:31:35 pm »

That would require that the murder be in the form of a duel that's pre-announced and scheduled (so that you can sell tickets). Obviously, if they can see it coming, the sitting leader can abuse their power to gain an advantage in the fight. It's fairer if you allow for assassination.
"My assasination had the biggest crowd. Much bigger than in Debbie Does Dallas, at the Model T Ford Theatre or the Ministry Of Sound, or when John Arbuckle went crazy."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22719 on: August 17, 2018, 06:36:08 pm »

Nonsense, the assassin in question must make proper public challenge. At which point, both parties are kidnapped in the middle of the night on an undisclosed date and brought to the REPLUBLIDROME or the DEMOCRATHEATER in secrecy, depending on the political alignment of the POTUS.

Whereupon they are allowed to fight to the death with medieval implements of combat.

This requires that you have some sort of government agency and/or ninja clan in charge of doing the kidnapping and transporting, though. In which case the people who REALLY hold the power are the ninjas.
Unless you put a super-intelligent AI in charge of the kidnappings... ;P

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22720 on: August 17, 2018, 06:52:26 pm »

This requires that you have some sort of government agency and/or ninja clan in charge of doing the kidnapping and transporting, though. In which case the people who REALLY hold the power are the ninjas.
Unless you put a super-intelligent AI in charge of the kidnappings... ;P

Have an AI overseen by ninjas.

This really couldn't be a better plan at this point. If anyone disagrees, I invite you to debate with our resident intellectual: Murderdrone_X01g-SAN
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22721 on: August 17, 2018, 06:53:49 pm »

An AI with drones that shoot ninjas.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22722 on: August 17, 2018, 06:57:25 pm »

A ninja with AIs in its mouth so when it barks drones come out.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22723 on: August 17, 2018, 07:21:54 pm »

A ninja with AIs in its mouth so when it barks drones come out.

Firstly: The sound associated with ninjas is not "bark". There is no sound associated with ninjas. Sound avoids them out of fear.

Second: I surmise that we are now dealing with dog ninjas. This means that the Ameripol thread has evolved into advocated Canine Supremacy via Trained Assassinations curated by a Supreme AI overlord. As was always intended.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22724 on: August 17, 2018, 07:24:40 pm »

Lol this derail.
Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 3568