Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4233428 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22395 on: August 09, 2018, 10:20:39 am »

Probably just naively pushing his libertarian agenda for more talks with Russia when this isn't the time to be rewarding Putin with visits from US Congresspeople.

Wanting better relations with Russia is all noble and good, but it does nothing when Russia isn't acting like they want to be a friend.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22396 on: August 09, 2018, 11:11:19 am »

Getting visited by a US congresscritter is a reward!?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22397 on: August 09, 2018, 11:45:43 am »

I guess it depends on the reason for the visit, but it's a win for Putin and just shows that it's business as usual for him.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22398 on: August 09, 2018, 12:46:16 pm »

Well the US are sanctioning Russia for the novichok attack on Sergei and Yulia Skripal, apparently. Not read any of the articles on that particular thing, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22399 on: August 09, 2018, 03:35:59 pm »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/politics/viktor-amalija-knavs-us-citizens/index.html

Melania Trump's parents just got US citizenship after years on a green card. Trump is literally married to an anchor baby (which excites him, because it makes her sound younger...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22400 on: August 09, 2018, 04:03:53 pm »

There's been some drama in the Manafort case: the judge has been described as the "Caeser in his Rome", and has sparred with prosecutors. Today, he conceded fault regarding chastisement of the prosecution by the judge regarding some expert witness. Things are still interesting there, it seems.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22401 on: August 09, 2018, 04:11:55 pm »

A judge being stabbed 50 times would liven things up a bit
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22402 on: August 09, 2018, 04:56:54 pm »

A lot of things liven everything up but they tend to be super illegal dood

Unless you trip and fall down a flight of knives. Shit happens a lot

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22403 on: August 09, 2018, 05:44:13 pm »

A lot of things liven everything up but they tend to be super illegal dood

Unless you trip and fall down a flight of knives. Shit happens a lot

I warned you about the knives, bro.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22404 on: August 09, 2018, 05:46:14 pm »

She warned Caesar about the knives ides, countryman.

Edit:  Wow wait was the whole Ives/knives thing intentional wordplay and I just noticed?
It keeps happening

Postedit:  Nevermind I'm uncultured.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:54:02 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22405 on: August 09, 2018, 05:50:54 pm »

its ides of march
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22406 on: August 09, 2018, 10:59:29 pm »

Other big news today was Pence stumping at the Pentagon to push Trump's idea of "Space Force", the new sixth branch of the US Armed Forces. They're hoping Congress will authorize it (the rest of us are hoping they won't) but even if they don't, Trump has instructed the DoD to examine all the ways it can begin creating a Space Force in all but name.

The memes have been coming in fast and heavy, ranging from the amusing (comparisons to Spaceballs, Star Wars, Star Trek and Halo) to the angry (citing the lack of funding for the Flint water crisis or Puerto Rico hurricane recovery or California firefighting, compared with the estimated $8 billion to create such a branch) to the plain surreal.

The good thing is, this is the sort of gargantuan undertaking that will take at least 5-10 years to implement, more than enough time for Trump to be voted out or in prison. Although he claims it'll be operational by 2020.

On the other hand, if it means all the MAGAts boarding rockets and being blasted into space (led by Admiral Snackbar), there may be some merit to this plan. May even be worth $8 billion.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22407 on: August 09, 2018, 11:20:17 pm »

On the other hand, if it means all the MAGAts boarding rockets and being blasted into space (led by Admiral Snackbar), there may be some merit to this plan.

I'm having Hitchhiker's Guide flashbacks again.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22408 on: August 10, 2018, 12:14:21 am »

On the other hand, if it means all the MAGAts boarding rockets and being blasted into space (led by Admiral Snackbar), there may be some merit to this plan.

I'm having Hitchhiker's Guide flashbacks again.
Telephone sanitizers are far more valuable.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22409 on: August 10, 2018, 01:47:35 am »

The good thing is, this is the sort of gargantuan undertaking that will take at least 5-10 years to implement, more than enough time for Trump to be voted out or in prison. Although he claims it'll be operational by 2020.

"I make the best deals. They wanted ten billion, I negotiated them down to ten million. They wanted ten years, I said two or you're fired. They kept on about radiation shielding and life support and I just said don't sweat the little shit, I just want into space. So I hereby order all real Americans to board what the fake news media would have you believe is a gold-plated wheat silo filled with discount fireworks but is actually Trumpship One, the greatest spaceship with the greatest bar&grill in history. Let's make space great again."

Pages: 1 ... 1492 1493 [1494] 1495 1496 ... 3567