Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1450 1451 [1452] 1453 1454 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223061 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #21765 on: July 16, 2018, 12:23:44 pm »

Also, there was this gem from (sourced from fox news):
And when asked whether he would extradite the 12 Russians allegedly involved, Putin instead detailed a plan, which Trump called an “incredible offer.”

Putin offered to question the 12 indicted for meddling in the election, and added that Mueller's team of investigators could be present for questioning, if U.S. officials would “reciprocate.” He suggested this would mean Russian agents could be present for questioning U.S. officers "of interest" to them.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21766 on: July 16, 2018, 12:34:13 pm »

Quote from: BBC article
[Trump] added that the US wanted to increase humanitarian aid to the Syrian people.

Except for the parts of humanitarian aid that involve increasing humanitarian aid.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21767 on: July 16, 2018, 01:07:00 pm »

Quote from: BBC article
[Trump] added that the US wanted to increase humanitarian aid to the Syrian people.

Except for the parts of humanitarian aid that involve increasing humanitarian aid.
So like with the cannabis law discussed above, they'll do it except for all the parts that actually matter.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21768 on: July 16, 2018, 01:27:13 pm »

I was going to object that medical usage does matter, but you're right.  The main benefit of legalization is defunding cartels and ending the horrific mass-incarceration of nonviolent minors.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21769 on: July 16, 2018, 01:30:11 pm »

And when asked whether he would extradite the 12 Russians allegedly involved, Putin instead detailed a plan, which Trump called an “incredible offer.”

Putin offered to question the 12 indicted for meddling in the election, and added that Mueller's team of investigators could be present for questioning, if U.S. officials would “reciprocate.” He suggested this would mean Russian agents could be present for questioning U.S. officers "of interest" to them.
I don't even know what to say to that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21770 on: July 16, 2018, 01:31:04 pm »

It's just... Such a terrible sounding thing. "Yes, let's totally turn a one-sided investigation into a psuedo spy exchange."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #21771 on: July 16, 2018, 02:02:39 pm »

You know, I was expecting this to be just Trump grandstanding and being an idiot. I expected him to say some things that were significantly more friendly to Russia than what he's said about Europe.

I didn't expect him to take at face value an actual executive instruction from Putin.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21772 on: July 16, 2018, 02:04:16 pm »

Trump sides with Russia over FBI.

Also utters the following gem:

Mr Trump said US-Russia relations had "never been worse" than before they met...

'cause the Cold War never happened, apparently.

Well technically it was still the sovjet union back then not russia, but yeah..

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21773 on: July 16, 2018, 02:08:20 pm »

Trump sides with Russia over FBI.

Also utters the following gem:

Mr Trump said US-Russia relations had "never been worse" than before they met...

'cause the Cold War never happened, apparently.

Well technically it was still the sovjet union back then not russia, but yeah..

Russia is still ruled over by ex-KGB tho
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21774 on: July 16, 2018, 02:10:24 pm »

I don't even know what to say to that.

Vox's explaination of it is basically to let Russians ask each other if they commited a crime, which makes absolutely no sense. Trump has no idea how dumb the idea is.

And of course, he sides with Russia over US intel, 'shocking the world', though seriously, nobody should be surprised or shocked anymore by this because he's been doing this since day one.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21775 on: July 16, 2018, 02:24:14 pm »

Its not even an offer, its an insult.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21776 on: July 16, 2018, 02:39:29 pm »

Putin refusing to deny having kompromat on Trump was telling too. "Disregard this issue and don't think about it" sounds so shady it has to be deliberate.

EDIT: Also Trump saying he doesn't see any reason why the Russians would have hacked the DNC servers while Putin blatantly admits he wanted Trump to win.

This is so farcical.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:42:58 pm by Trekkin »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #21777 on: July 16, 2018, 03:03:57 pm »

I mean, the big picture here isn't "Putin wants to get concessions from the US." The big picture is "absolutists want to discredit democracy."

Putin will prefer to lose small amounts of ground, or else make smaller gains, if it makes it look like Trump is more obviously his puppet (regardless of Trump's actual status RE: puppetiness).
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21778 on: July 16, 2018, 03:16:16 pm »

I mean, the big picture here isn't "Putin wants to get concessions from the US." The big picture is "absolutists want to discredit democracy."

Why would they want to do that when democracy (or, at least, a dysfunctional mockery of democracy that has devolved into a quasi-theocratic plutocracy) has crippled America so usefully?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21779 on: July 16, 2018, 03:41:38 pm »

It's worth pointing out that there are very few countries in the world today that don't make pretensions of being democratic, and painting Putin as wanting to discredit democracy is about as ridiculous as saying that the various international terrorist organizations target America because they hate freedom. Obviously it's hard to look at Russia and think it anything other than an oligarchic dictatorship (the dominance of United Russia in all levels of government, the domestic political and media suppression, the farce that was Putin and Medvedev playing musical chairs to keep to the letter of the constitutional term limits, etc) but that doesn't mean that the appearance of democracy isn't important. Even the DPRK and China hold elections and maintain ideological commitments to "democracy" in a highly warped sense.

And has been pointed out, "democracy" as structured in the US is looking daily like an increasingly lurid trainwreck, and maintains only marginally more responsiveness to public opinion than that of many authoritarian regimes. The critical difference for the US is that the government doesn't engage in nearly as much active suppression, it has a more passive population with access to more convincing outlets for political theater, and there are fewer glaring social and economic problems that spur unrest.
Pages: 1 ... 1450 1451 [1452] 1453 1454 ... 3566