Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1360 1361 [1362] 1363 1364 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4237348 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: new thread subtitle pending
« Reply #20415 on: June 01, 2018, 07:38:53 pm »

Truly, he is the Internet Candidate.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20416 on: June 01, 2018, 07:39:47 pm »

It gets worse. That's the tame bit. I gets so, so much worse.

I made myself read the whole thing. It absolutely gets worse from there. It's like the opening line to the essay of the horrific terror that is this man, who is also running for congress.

To help us breathe easier, he served 14 months in jail for mailing a death threat directly to the secret service promising to kill Obama. He is apparently barred from office for this reason.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20417 on: June 01, 2018, 07:39:59 pm »

It's like if you took all the deepest darkest corners of the internet and constructed a person out of them.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20418 on: June 01, 2018, 07:40:54 pm »

I made myself read the whole thing. It absolutely gets worse from there. It's like the opening line to the essay of the horrific terror that is this man, who is also running for congress.

To help us breathe easier, he served 14 months in jail for mailing a death threat directly to the secret service promising to kill Obama. He is apparently barred from office for this reason.
That was pardoned as part of a mass thing unfortunately so he can run.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20419 on: June 01, 2018, 07:41:34 pm »

It's like if you took all the deepest darkest corners of the internet and constructed a person out of them.

It's worth noting that he ran multiple Incel websites. So it's literally that, and then that man began constructing deeper, darker places.

Oh good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20420 on: June 01, 2018, 07:44:06 pm »

I want to see the court transcript where he claims the death threat was just a joke and Obama is too sensitive.

I mean, I don't know that such a thing happened, but I'm pretty confident in it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20421 on: June 01, 2018, 07:44:25 pm »

What's horrifying is that the title of the article, which remember is "Congressional Candidate In Virginia Admits He’s A Pedophile" is not only true but an understatement.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20422 on: June 01, 2018, 07:50:03 pm »

The only fortunate part is that I have a fair feeling that he's actually delusional. Stuff he was posting on his sites sounds like mentally deranged fantasy fuel. Still, it's scary that such a person is seeking office.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:57:03 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20423 on: June 01, 2018, 07:54:57 pm »

This is very upsetting to read but I think it's important to know that this is the kind of people that feel empowered in America these days. It's also important to know for anyone living in VA like what I am.

Theres usually one or two of those nutso types who run every election cycle, but this guy seems fringe fringe, know what I mean.

Also, I can't find the article atm, but that guy is also one of eight people running for congress who have connections to white supremacist groups. I think that very same guy was mentioned in the same article.

Maybe they should rethink those mass pardon things?

The only fortunate part is that I have a fair feeling that he's actually delusional. Stuff he was posting on his sites sounds like mentally deranged fantasy fuel. Still, it's scary that such a person is seeking office.

As I said, theres usually one or two of those running every election year, and I'm not counting those that are purposely doing it to be ironic or to be satirical like Vermin Supreme or the UK's Lord Buckethead.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20424 on: June 01, 2018, 07:58:42 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/01/climate/trump-coal-nuclear-power.html

President Trump has ordered Energy Secretary Rick Perry to “prepare immediate steps” to stop the closure of unprofitable coal and nuclear plants around the country
Under one proposal outlined in the memo, which was reported by Bloomberg, the Department of Energy would order grid operators to buy electricity from struggling coal and nuclear plants for two years
That idea triggered immediate blowback from a broad alliance of energy companies, consumer groups and environmentalists. On Friday, oil and gas trade groups joined with wind and solar organizations in a joint statement condemning the plan, saying that it was “legally indefensible” and would force consumers to pay more for electricity.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20425 on: June 01, 2018, 08:02:07 pm »

rUn ThE gOvErNmEnT lIkE a BuIsiNeSs
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20426 on: June 01, 2018, 08:11:50 pm »

Nah that’s not that scary.

It’s scary when people start voting for him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20427 on: June 01, 2018, 08:12:11 pm »

but he IS, don't you see!

So many big companies offset a cost center with a profit center.  Trump is doing a similar thing here; by mandating that these dirty assed broken coal plants get business, he ensures local coal operations stay in business, which increases his voter base/voter favorability (profit), at the expense of increasing total energy costs for everyone in the impacted area (cost). It may also get him added campaign funds from the fossil fuel and nuclear industries who are sweating over the rise in popularity of solar and wind energies (that they have tried to keep down artificially for decades, but are losing control of due to global climate change and subsequent shifts in consumer/voter behavior.)

I wish I was fucking joking. :(

The more cunning would look to see if he is also planning to make appearances to local coal industry lobbies/reps/communities for some PR.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20428 on: June 01, 2018, 08:22:52 pm »

Pushing up electricity costs also has the big advantage of staving off those shitty electric cars for a few more years and helping to keep good old gasoline guzzlers on the street.

What with fixing electricity prices and with the new tariffs, I think you're going to see an increase in Mexicans leaving. If you google it, then net migration is near zero: Mexicans are leaving as fast as they come to the USA. Any sort of jolt, and you have a mass exodus on your hands along with a drying up of the new people. That could happen quicker than you think, to tilt the numbers. To the point that they won't be worried about how to keep Mexicans out anymore, they'll be worried about how to keep the remaining ones in to do all the dirty jobs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20429 on: June 01, 2018, 08:26:50 pm »

It's only profit in the sense of

1. Step one
2. Step two
3. Step three
??????
Profit!!!

All he's really doing is ensuring that they crash harder when the bottom does fall out under them.
Pages: 1 ... 1360 1361 [1362] 1363 1364 ... 3567