Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4229702 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #19275 on: April 23, 2018, 03:05:24 pm »

I only skimmed some articles briefly, but his firearms were taken away due to mental health concerns to begin with, were they not?

He jumped a fence at the White House and prior to that had tried to kill himself in a CVS parking lot out of the belief Taylor Swift stalked him and hacked his Netflix account.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19277 on: April 23, 2018, 03:33:38 pm »

Quote from: Washington Post
White was met with a blizzard of criticism
Hurr hurr.

And that's pretty good, I wasn't aware that the Jews controlled the weather... But, I mean, it makes sense. Just look at all the weird stuff that Moses came out with; that must have been from a prototype weather machine!

But the question is... Can they tip over Guam?

...it's sad we have these references to draw upon. Vermin Supreme is looking more and more like a reasonable candidate, by comparison. And that's including his second-hand approval of Trump.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19278 on: April 23, 2018, 03:56:25 pm »

I only skimmed some articles briefly, but his firearms were taken away due to mental health concerns to begin with, were they not?

He jumped a fence at the White House and prior to that had tried to kill himself in a CVS parking lot out of the belief Taylor Swift stalked him and hacked his Netflix account.

There is also a report of him jumping into a pool wearing nothing but a ladies' coat and trying to start a fight. While any individual incident (prior, of course, to this one) isn't too crazy, the aggregate suggests serious issues.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19279 on: April 23, 2018, 04:04:02 pm »

There is also a report of him jumping into a pool wearing nothing but a ladies' coat and trying to start a fight. While any individual incident (prior, of course, to this one) isn't too crazy, the aggregate suggests serious issues.

I mean, that or a drug habit.

He apparently was mentally competent enough that he stole a car a couple days ago, the cops picked up the car since it had GPS but found the stolen keyfob for the car in his APT. Also he asked for a lawyer upon arrest.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: waffle waffle waffle waffle
« Reply #19280 on: April 23, 2018, 04:22:52 pm »

I'd probably be prone to arguing that causing a ruckus because Taylor Swift was stalking you and hacking your (Netflix account? I read it was his cellphone in a different article) thingy as being somewhat indicative of the guy maybe not playing with a full deck.

Then again, he was fairly civil about the whole thing. Said he didn't want anyone to get hurt, and he'd be happy just as soon as the harassment was stopped.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19281 on: April 23, 2018, 04:27:44 pm »

Toronto incident claimed 9 lives, and 16 people were injured. The identity of the arrested driver is still unknown.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19282 on: April 23, 2018, 04:31:56 pm »

I'd probably be prone to arguing that causing a ruckus because Taylor Swift was stalking you and hacking your (Netflix account? I read it was his cellphone in a different article) thingy as being somewhat indicative of the guy maybe not playing with a full deck.

Then again, he was fairly civil about the whole thing. Said he didn't want anyone to get hurt, and he'd be happy just as soon as the harassment was stopped.

I've found articles saying it was both, along with a separate incident in which he claimed people were hacking his computer because he could hear his voice in online chat rooms, as well as the pool thing, and claiming sovereign citizen status and a right to inspect the White House grounds.

Accounts of what precisely he believed vary, as one might expect.

Toronto incident claimed 9 lives, and 16 people were injured. The identity of the arrested driver is still unknown.

Hopefully we'll know more soon. Has there been any official indication as to whether or not it was deliberate yet?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 04:34:09 pm by Trekkin »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19283 on: April 23, 2018, 04:56:23 pm »

I've found articles saying it was both, along with a separate incident in which he claimed people were hacking his computer because he could hear his voice in online chat rooms, as well as the pool thing, and claiming sovereign citizen status and a right to inspect the White House grounds.

Accounts of what precisely he believed vary, as one might expect.

Hopefully we'll know more soon. Has there been any official indication as to whether or not it was deliberate yet?

Driver got out of the van saying he had a gun and was telling police to shoot him. Video of him waving something gun shaped at police as they approached him.

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19284 on: April 23, 2018, 08:19:47 pm »

10 / 15 last I heard.

Background checks for van rentals? Oh no wait, that's a stupid way to punish the millions for the misdeeds of individuals. Nevermind.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19285 on: April 23, 2018, 08:30:14 pm »

10 / 15 last I heard.

Background checks for van rentals? Oh no wait, that's a stupid way to punish the millions for the misdeeds of individuals. Nevermind.

Yeah, what we really need to do is to strap guns to all of them so that the good guys can stop the bad guys.

EDIT: On a less sarcastic note, I'm far tired of this entrenched No True Scotsman argument that gun owners are all more responsible and nobler and generally better than the unarmed sheeple except for the ones that do something wrong, who obviously weren't responsible gun owners and should never have got guns, etc. If we cannot tell them apart before the killing starts -- and opposition to background checks makes it harder to do exactly that -- it's a pointless argument to make anyway.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:40:40 pm by Trekkin »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #19287 on: April 23, 2018, 08:43:30 pm »

If everyone had a van full of guns, then we could finally be safe. We'll pressure congress to pass a bill to make the taxpayers pay for it by threatening to take away unrelated things they need, then justify using the military to distribute the vans by declaring war on immigrants first. What could possibly go wrong?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19288 on: April 23, 2018, 08:51:17 pm »

What could possibly go wrong?
Hijacked gun vans (gans? Gans.). Hijacked gans from horizon to horizon. Hijacked gans as far as the eye can see. Wherever the hijacked gans touch is your kingdom.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19289 on: April 23, 2018, 08:52:14 pm »

If My hijacked gan explodes, are all the places that the pieces touch mine now

asking for a friend
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 3567