Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4228057 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #18255 on: March 19, 2018, 01:04:03 pm »

Hold on let me back up my claim with some evidence

At this point I am fairly sure Shkreli's plots will be defeated by the power of love and it will involve a ginger girl and lot of kungfu

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: March 19, 2018, 01:04:47 pm »

Anyway, I for one chortled loudly at the reference to Shkreli as the villain from 5th Element.

Just tell me his face doesn't litterally say "I can't wait to educate the Mangalore about scifi gun pricing"

Not... really. Too much hair, for starters. Fifth element guy also had the kind of face that had sci-fi guns to price, instead of just... well, shkreli's stuff. Smug actor gun runner vs. Smug actual vulture pharma jackass.

... liked fifth element dude notably more, really. More moxie.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: March 19, 2018, 01:07:05 pm »

So... Uhhh...  Richard Spencer says antifa is winning, and that he is giving up on holding pre-booked, well-publicized events.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: March 19, 2018, 01:10:38 pm »

While I am against vigilantism (because it is nothing more than mob justice-- is blind, dangerous, capricious, and destroys every god-damned thing), I am also against the kind of modern fascism that has the US gripped in its unholy tentacled grip.

I am at a loss to decide which needs holy exorcism more.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: March 19, 2018, 01:10:46 pm »

Old news. He didn't mention how he was booking whole auditoriums for the five or ten neo-nazis around and maybe as many hack journalists.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: March 19, 2018, 01:11:25 pm »

As was said in references previous statement: Not all culture is religion, but all religion is culture. It's just the same as sports, or music, or social laws, or any other way through which we express ourselves. Appealing to some "idea world" version of a religion as if it was the True version in comparison to how the religion is actually practised by it's believers is ridiculous. What's in a book is not what religion is made of. Religion is made out of what people practise.

I foresee argument that was had in another thread repeating itself.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: March 19, 2018, 01:11:40 pm »

So... Uhhh...  Richard Spencer says antifa is winning, and that he is giving up on holding pre-booked, well-publicized events.

I really doubt it was that easy. He’s probably just trying to rile up his base.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: March 19, 2018, 01:12:31 pm »

As per above, I think he just might be broke.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: March 19, 2018, 01:17:18 pm »

I have that parody of the 700 club from southpark trying to raise money to send a ship to planet marklar for some reason now...

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #18264 on: March 19, 2018, 01:20:00 pm »

What does it means, antifa is winning ? Their goal is to create autogestionned societies and to bring the government down. The first goal is already something they do on a regular basis (at least they did back in my days) and the second is absolutely unatainable.

From what I can see on TV posing as antifas, tho, are just angry college students who don't seem to understand the consequences of their actions - starting for calling themselves antifas. I don't know if they self identify as antifas or if those groups really loosened up their standards, but they really look nothing like the ones I knew. All you need to exorcise them is to do police business as usual. Get one, rough him up and he'll spill his guts and tell on everyone else.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: March 19, 2018, 01:26:27 pm »

What does it means, antifa is winning ? Their goal is to create autogestionned societies and to bring the government down.
I think you are confusing antifa with anarchists. Antifa, at least in their roots, are nothing more than anti-fascism. It's a movement born in Europe around the 70s when neo-nazis first dared crawl out of their post-WWII gutters again.
They kinda have nothing to do with anarchists, although admittedly, most angry mobs nowadays that either call themselves antifa or anarchist, or get labelled that by the media, are one and the same, just angry mobs looking for an excuse to riot.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #18266 on: March 19, 2018, 01:40:49 pm »

I think you are confusing antifa with anarchists. Antifa, at least in their roots, are nothing more than anti-fascism. It's a movement born in Europe around the 70s when neo-nazis first dared crawl out of their post-WWII gutters again.
They kinda have nothing to do with anarchists, although admittedly, most angry mobs nowadays that either call themselves antifa or anarchist, or get labelled that by the media, are one and the same, just angry mobs looking for an excuse to riot.

Those groups are linked together for good reasons :D Antifas are a branch of anarchists, or at least were considered as such when I was involved in the anarchist movement.  From what I can remember, the antifas were the wierd and violent dudes that would infiltrate demonstrations to fight the anti riot police. They do (or did?) consider any form of government as inherently fascist and that was how they would justify going at the police.
They would be somewhat fetishised by the rest because violence is fascinating, so I assume todays youngs are trying to emulate them, but they obviously don't put off the work. Antifas should never get in a situation where they can get caught by the police, let alone engaged by counter protesters

They would not blend in the rest of the crowd, and we know who they were mostly by common relations. But from what I can remember, they were effiscient, and had plans including an escape plan everytime they started something. They would start the violence and get out before it ends

Things really seem to have changed since then, and it wasnt even so long ago.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: March 19, 2018, 01:42:13 pm »

I think not just the media, but most people just generally throw these labels on any aggressive protester - violent or not.  It's just like those clips you can find floating around of reporters referring to "Black Bloc" as an organization.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #18268 on: March 19, 2018, 01:46:57 pm »

I think not just the media, but most people just generally throw these labels on any aggressive protester - violent or not.  It's just like those clips you can find floating around of reporters referring to "Black Bloc" as an organization.

lol
Or "antifa" as an organization. And who the hell is Anonymous?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: March 19, 2018, 01:53:53 pm »

"Do we even know-- Who is this '4chan'?"

I have very low opinion of television journalists. Especially the talking head types.
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 3567