Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4194269 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The president of the United states is a derail from what's going on in America.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Oh hey, wonder what's going on in Char-... come on, seriously? Again?

Yes, Trump being a stupid shit is a distraction from a bunch of beta males with tiki torches talking about not being replaced as they rally around a confederate monument.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Bright-ish side, the monument's only going to be there for so much longer. Iirc the vote was unanimous among the city's politicritters to ditch the thing during a touch up or somethin' like that of the place it's sitting.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

30 idiots walked around and made annoying noise and nothing of note happened. Sounds like a reasonable conclusion to a night in a college town.

Really. This is how it should happen. Except with even less coverage. Maybe just a little paragraph on page 8 of the local newspaper right below the story about the cute dog that opened a business or something. Let them make their noise and just ignore them.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Insert joke about free speech zones.*
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At this point, I'm not sure any museum would accept the statue if the city does try that route, should just melt it down to deny them a rally point. Besides, it's abundantly obvious by now that it's not the statue that they are protesting, they're just using it as a rally point.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I don't think it should be melted down, it has more historical value now than ever - being a monument of these bizarre times.  It belongs in a museum!  Destroying it now would be seen as weak, anyway.

Besides:  Put it in a museum, and not only will they have to pay to see it, they might learn something?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Also, the controversy over the statue increases its value as a cultural artifact.  It makes it MORE valuable for a museum.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

Besides:  Put it in a museum, and not only will they have to pay to see it, they might learn something?
I doubt they'll learn anything, but forcing them to pay 5-10 dollars to rally sounds hilariously American.

"You must be at least this rich to be a Nazi!"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if we really wanted to put the Charlottesville statues in their proper context, I think they'd fit in the local sewage treatment plant's pre-aeration tanks, just before the bar screen. Let's put them there and then heartily endorse the Nazis' demands that we not remove them. We can even put up a little plaque.

Yes, it's stupid, spiteful, and puerile, but hey, so are they. Context!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:09:16 pm by Trekkin »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or perhaps put it in a confederate cemetary, I'm sure Virginia has a bunch of those. At least they'd still have an audience that they can still shout to.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Yes, Trump being a stupid shit is a distraction from a bunch of beta males with tiki torches talking about not being replaced as they rally around a confederate monument.
Imagine for a second that Muslims go to protest something and then a Muslim extremist carries out a terrorist attack on the counter protesters.  Then two months later Muslim protesters go back to the same site.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imagine for a second that Muslims go to protest something and then a Muslim extremist carries out a terrorist attack on the counter protesters.  Then two months later Muslim protesters go back to the same site.

Not the same situation ideologically, not even close.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Not the point that I was making.  Muslims have to tread so much more carefully than Nazis in this country.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure what the point you're trying to make is then.
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 3566