Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4159914 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #12030 on: August 31, 2017, 04:01:07 pm »

In response to Russia kicking more than half of the US diplomatic staff out of Russia, the US government has decided to close the US consulate in San Francisco, and also close the auxiliary posts in Washington and New York. No diplomats will be forced to leave the country however, the staff from the closed departments are free to redeploy at other Russian diplomatic posts in the US.

Last week, Washington already announced that the Russian decision to bring back the numbers of diplomatic staff in Russia would diminish the capability to supply visa. Washington stated that Russian businessmen, tourists and students will pay the price for their government's course of action.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:04:25 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: August 31, 2017, 04:55:40 pm »

Seems like a bit of a dick move from both governments.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: August 31, 2017, 04:58:08 pm »

More like a dick swinging contest.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: August 31, 2017, 05:26:13 pm »

Can't really see it stopping until due redress for the election meddling is reaped, tbh. We'll be seeing more such sniping in the future, very much more likely than not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: September 01, 2017, 12:07:57 am »

IRS has joined the Trump investigation.

REV UP THOSE TAX RETURNS
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: September 01, 2017, 12:09:23 am »

I will laugh if Trump is the first US president to leave office poorer than when he entered.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: September 01, 2017, 12:26:38 am »

In response to Russia kicking more than half of the US diplomatic staff out of Russia, the US government has decided to close the US consulate in San Francisco, and also close the auxiliary posts in Washington and New York. No diplomats will be forced to leave the country however, the staff from the closed departments are free to redeploy at other Russian diplomatic posts in the US.

Last week, Washington already announced that the Russian decision to bring back the numbers of diplomatic staff in Russia would diminish the capability to supply visa. Washington stated that Russian businessmen, tourists and students will pay the price for their government's course of action.
That's cute, Russia thinks they have soft power.  I'll be impressed when they delete half our economy.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: September 01, 2017, 12:30:03 am »

Most of california's goods are sold domestically in the US (aside from things like ipads and the like-- I am meaning more almonds, oranges, etc.). Russian sanctions are... wtf? really? LOL.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: September 01, 2017, 06:05:42 am »

In more domestic news, angry utah police detective illegally restrains, arrests charge nurse at local hospital for daring to obey the law instead of his instructions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/01/this-is-crazy-sobs-utah-hospital-nurse-as-cop-roughs-her-up-arrests-her-for-doing-her-job/?utm_term=.ce12244a5550

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: September 01, 2017, 06:37:00 am »

Damn. Not sure who's to blame more, the officer arresting her, or his superior doing the talking later in the video. Street cops can't uphopld the law if they're taught them wrongly. Still, it was an overreaction on the arresting officer's part as well.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: September 01, 2017, 06:44:01 am »

IRS has joined the Trump investigation.

REV UP THOSE TAX RETURNS
Not just the IRS, mind you, but specifically their financial crimes department-whatsit. They're effectively among the special forces of stateside auditing organizations. If you don't want the IRS paying attention to you, you really don't want that part of it doing so.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: September 01, 2017, 07:13:09 am »

Damn. Not sure who's to blame more, the officer arresting her, or his superior doing the talking later in the video. Street cops can't uphopld the law if they're taught them wrongly. Still, it was an overreaction on the arresting officer's part as well.

Dont forget, TheDonald wants to turn the boys in blue into the Dominion Tank Police ERHM....remove all obstacles to the police getting military gear.

Because things like this arent bad enough as they are.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: September 01, 2017, 09:32:12 am »

That's some gestapo level shit right there. Cops don't even know the fucking law but they're damn sure they do and are willing to pull a gun/shoot you/arrest you because of it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: September 01, 2017, 09:40:11 am »

That's some gestapo level shit right there. Cops don't even know the fucking law but they're damn sure they do and are willing to pull a gun/shoot you/arrest you because of it.

And, of course, they get really touchy about any perceived challenge to their personal authority, as above. "She was the one who told me no."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: September 01, 2017, 10:11:08 am »

It is by FAR the fastest way to make a cop angry, is to even try to question their authority, their jurisdiction....made that mistake once in my life and it was costly.

It's really the whole "ok, I'm sick of this shit, time to use the authority invested in my gun to unilaterally decide how this is going to happen" that I find so disturbing. It's clearly that line where police become authoritarian. If it's some crazy crackhead and you've done everything you can, that's one thing when a cop decides they're going to get physical because someone is unreasonble/resisting arrest/disturbing the peace. This lady was just doing her job, and was completely in the right though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:13:02 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 3563