Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4168950 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #11310 on: August 21, 2017, 05:24:24 pm »

Later: Sun steals POTUS's eyesight, space program revitalized in order to "Shoot down the Sun" More at 11.

"When these photons are coming, they're not sending their best. They're bringing ultraviolet radiation, they're bringing near-infrared -- and some, I assume, are visible.

We're gonna build a roof! And the Sun's gonna pay for it!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: August 21, 2017, 06:21:18 pm »

Nah, it's gonna be an orbital ring ('cause that's basically a wall) lined with solar arrays. Gotta stop those dangerous wavelengths before they reach the surface.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: August 21, 2017, 06:35:17 pm »

200+ year old Columbus monument smashed with sledgehammer.

Man charged for trying to bomb Houston confederate statue.

How long until someone does a drive-by shooting on some statue protesters? Most of these statues are right by a street; would be pretty easy for someone to unload a shotgun and drive off.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: August 21, 2017, 06:40:35 pm »

I'm not gonna complain about people pointing out that Columbus was a piece of shit, so that's not the right event to get people mad, what next, someone using an arc welder to mutilate an Edison statue, oh no, stop destroying these monuments to assholery!

Note: at first I read "drive by shooting on some statues" and want it to be a thing now.
Commander-in-chief's Ocular/Visual Faculties - Exceptionally Futuristic Experiment.
You come in a close second to Redking.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: August 21, 2017, 07:21:33 pm »

... honestly, I could see it. Like, an upsized tactical mounted potato launcher type thing? Civilian build but with enough kick to knock over or break up a statue. Bolted into the back of a truck, just drive right by and blast the thing over, hollerin' the whole way.

Hopefully the recoil doesn't flip you. Alternately, you get hella' recoil and do a vehicular barrel roll of victory.

bloody hell, now I just want to see someone build a machine that can consistently do that for a car, barrel roll on tap baby. Could have the horn be that star fox voiceover done real loud.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: August 21, 2017, 07:26:40 pm »

Can you stop bogarting that and pass it over here already?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: August 21, 2017, 07:31:50 pm »

200+ year old Columbus monument smashed with sledgehammer.

Man charged for trying to bomb Houston confederate statue.

How long until someone does a drive-by shooting on some statue protesters? Most of these statues are right by a street; would be pretty easy for someone to unload a shotgun and drive off.

I hope it doesn't get to that level with a drive by shooting.

... honestly, I could see it. Like, an upsized tactical mounted potato launcher type thing? Civilian build but with enough kick to knock over or break up a statue. Bolted into the back of a truck, just drive right by and blast the thing over, hollerin' the whole way.

Hopefully the recoil doesn't flip you. Alternately, you get hella' recoil and do a vehicular barrel roll of victory.

bloody hell, now I just want to see someone build a machine that can consistently do that for a car, barrel roll on tap baby. Could have the horn be that star fox voiceover done real loud.

Depends on the material of the statue. The one in Durham crumpled just from gravity and however much the pedestal part that came off with it weighs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: August 21, 2017, 07:37:42 pm »

Can you stop bogarting that and pass it over here already?
Eh? Nothing to pass, I'm mildly ill, not intoxicated on something. I mean, I'd love to teleafflict you with whatever the hell's been making my day cruddy if it made me feel better but I don't think you want that. Also I can't figure out how.
Ask not!
Ask!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: August 21, 2017, 07:41:52 pm »

Depends on the material of the statue. The one in Durham crumpled just from gravity and however much the pedestal part that came off with it weighs.

Fortunately, most of these statues are cheap castings. They crumple easily. If someone wanted to destroy them and had a truck at their disposal, they wouldn't need anything more complicated than rope, quite frankly.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: August 21, 2017, 07:44:47 pm »

Drive by lassoing would also be good. Hell, for the more western states it would totally be thematic, too. People need to get on top of this, this stuff hasn't been nearly weird enough for 2017 yet. Well, the statue ganking hasn't been.
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: August 21, 2017, 07:54:32 pm »

Anyhoo, Trump is gonna reveal his plans that he and his advisers have decided on Afghanistan soon. Lets see if he manages to stay on topic the whole time and/or it's more detailed than his policies usually are.

Drive by lassoing would also be good. Hell, for the more western states it would totally be thematic, too. People need to get on top of this, this stuff hasn't been nearly weird enough for 2017 yet. Well, the statue ganking hasn't been.

Most states are west of where you are. (just a friendly ribbing) Also, Texas, because quinnesential cowboy country.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:56:52 pm by smjjames »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: August 21, 2017, 07:57:06 pm »

People need to get on top of this

No. No they absolutely do not.

If you want the statues down, I'm right behind you -- but they must come down peacefully and legally. Get the relevant laws repealed or vote out the racists keeping them in place (or the racists appointing them) and keep uprooting entrenched, systematic Confederate sympathy until there's nothing stopping them from being legally destroyed. The laws the racists put in place to keep statues of slavery-supporting traitors in our public spaces, and the people who support them, are at least as big a problem as the monuments themselves. Besides, and arguably more importantly, mobs are dangerous and violent, and as much as these statues are abhorrent, they are also not the kind of imminent physical threat that cannot wait for the apparatus of government to remove them.

Besides, if we do it the mob way, all the Nazis get to sigh and cluck their tongues about "vigilantism" and "the rule of law." This way, we get a litmus test for who in our elected assemblies needs donations to go to their opponents.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: August 21, 2017, 08:00:58 pm »

People need to get on top of this

No. No they absolutely do not.

If you want the statues down, I'm right behind you -- but they must come down peacefully and legally. Get the relevant laws repealed or vote out the racists keeping them in place (or the racists appointing them) and keep uprooting entrenched, systematic Confederate sympathy until there's nothing stopping them from being legally destroyed. The laws the racists put in place to keep statues of slavery-supporting traitors in our public spaces, and the people who support them, are at least as big a problem as the monuments themselves. Besides, and arguably more importantly, mobs are dangerous and violent, and as much as these statues are abhorrent, they are also not the kind of imminent physical threat that cannot wait for the apparatus of government to remove them.

Besides, if we do it the mob way, all the Nazis get to sigh and cluck their tongues about "vigilantism" and "the rule of law." This way, we get a litmus test for who in our elected assemblies needs donations to go to their opponents.

We're just joking around because hey, 2017 has been wierd. In all seriousness though, you do have a point about doing it peacefully and legally.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: August 21, 2017, 08:03:07 pm »

Really? Columbus? Bombs???

Are we trying to project the absolute caricature of a revisionists most absurd fears? I'm aware Columbus was like, one of the worst people to ever exist, but really? To most people it's a monument to the Western European discovery of the American Mainland. The only way you could project more of a revisionist theme to the general public is if you airdropped a manifesto pamphlet on why books should be burned. I know that's not what's intended but now that's what people will think.

I don't know if I could protest an actual statue lassoing by a guy in a cowboy outfit with maybe some theme music playing, though. Too rad.

Besides, if we do it the mob way, all the Nazis get to sigh and cluck their tongues about "vigilantism" and "the rule of law."

They will do this and more importantly they would be legally correct. That's part of how they got into power the first time around.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: August 21, 2017, 08:07:03 pm »

... sweet zeus, yes, it was a joke. Wasn't being serious. At all.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 3564