Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4243453 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9315 on: July 20, 2017, 02:07:37 am »

That's likely to be counterproductive - a ton of people seem to sympathize with the coyote and think that Roadrunner is an asshole, primarily because he doesn't just escape but makes a point to taunt the coyote.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: July 20, 2017, 06:37:43 am »

Well the coyote does want to kill and eat the roadrunner, I think it's allowed a bit of leeway on the piss-taking front.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: July 20, 2017, 09:18:50 am »

So has Alex Jones claimed yet that Obama gave McCain brain cancer to prevent the Obamacare repeal from going through?

EDIT: Doesn't look like it, though the Infowars community seems to be wanting to give the tumor a medal. Others are claiming that there is no cancer, and it's all a ploy to get him out of the limelight because of his ties to <insert batshit conspiracy here>.

In other news, Trump has publicly threatened to "expose" Robert Mueller's "conflicts" if he investigates the Trump family finances as part of the Russia probe. This is like telling the cops, "Okay, you can search my house. But don't you dare open that door open over there that goes into the basement and absolutely does NOT have a dead body behind it. I mean it!"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:29:31 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: July 20, 2017, 11:23:25 am »

I feel bad for Mr. McCain, what I have heard about his cancer has been very grim indeed.

Meanwhile, to add onto RedKing, Trump at the same time (in an interview with the New York Times) also said he regretted hiring Jeff Sessions, and would have hired someone else if he had known that Sessions would recuse himself from the Russia thing. He is also not happy with Rosenstein, the deputy AG, for reasons that apparently include his being a Republican from Baltimore. And he accused Comey of mentioning that Britsh Spy Dossier thing to him in order to threaten him. It is at times like this that I wonder about the poor SOBs in charge of offering Trump legal advice.

Also apparently his six-year old grandchild Arabella ran in with her mother Ivanka, and Trump had her speak Chinese for the reporters. That doesn't necessarily have some sort of deep meaning, I just thought it was interesting.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: July 20, 2017, 12:12:28 pm »

Why is he even giving interviews to #FakeNYTimes? Is this all some elaborate ruse to say the most outrageous clickbait shit to the Times and WaPo and CNN, so he can turn around and deny all of it and claim that they're fake news?

Or is it just that he's such a vain, preening git that he'll talk to *anybody* who says they want to hear what he has to say?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9320 on: July 20, 2017, 03:08:04 pm »

45% of Trump supporters don't believe that Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer about Hillary Clinton. Which just goes to show, in case there was any doubt, that Trump supporters aren't particularly rational.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:25:35 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: July 20, 2017, 03:14:17 pm »

45% of Trump supporters don't believe that Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer about Hillary Clinton. Which just goes to show, in case there was any doubt, that Trump supporters aren't particularly rational.

Think you misplaced an L there.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: July 20, 2017, 03:14:44 pm »

Well... They might not know the details.

Rationality and keeping up with every little story especially about this dumpster fire of an administration is difficult even for people who have hate boners.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: July 20, 2017, 03:25:47 pm »

Well... They might not know the details.

Rationality and keeping up with every little story especially about this dumpster fire of an administration is difficult even for people who have hate boners.
I read that as "even for people who hate boners" and thought that Neo had finally lost his damn mind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: July 20, 2017, 08:05:40 pm »

538 has decided to delve into the realm of alternate history with exploration of Earth 2, in which Clinton narrowly wins the Presidency.

(Make Earth 4044 Great Again)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: July 20, 2017, 09:03:46 pm »

538 has decided to delve into the realm of alternate history with exploration of Earth 2, in which Clinton narrowly wins the Presidency.

(Make Earth 4044 Great Again)
And on Earth 2, mainiac is probably still a Bay12 member.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: July 20, 2017, 09:11:09 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: July 21, 2017, 11:15:36 am »

Sean 'Spicey' Spicer resigned. This is breaking news, and the article is so short I'll just copy the whole text here.
Quote from: NY Times
WASHINGTON — Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, resigned on Friday morning, telling President Trump he vehemently disagreed with the appointment of the New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director.

Mr. Trump offered Mr. Scaramucci the job at 10 a.m. The president requested that Mr. Spicer stay on, but Mr. Spicer told Mr. Trump that he believed the appointment was a major mistake, according to a person with direct knowledge of the exchange.
Politico has a little on who Anthony Scaramucci is, although most of the article was written before the resignation.

Spicer was supposed to be a Priebus loyalist, I believe. Most interesting.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:18:12 am by misko27 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: July 21, 2017, 11:17:42 am »

For what hilariously little it's worth, it's possible that advice wasn't as farcically terrible as it looks on the face of things. Moving to an area better able to support care is one of the things that can be involved with attempted treatment of that sort of thing. I don't really doubt it was given in the spirit that tweet presents, but hey.

In other news, spicer's apparently said, "Screw this, I'm done." Not that bluntly, unfortunately, but reports are saying he's resigned over the appointment of whoever the newest WH communications director-thing is. And damnit all, ninja'd by misk. Bah!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: July 21, 2017, 11:21:27 am »

In addition to the "find me dirt on Mueller and/or his team", NYT and WaPo (and now a host of other media orgs) are reporting that the Trump legal team has been exploring the constitutional and legal limits of the President's ability to pardon.

Such as:
--Can the President pardon his staff?
--Can the President pardon family members?
--Can the President pardon HIMSELF?

Now, the Trump apologia handwave is that all of this is just a mental exercise, a contingency to be prepared for any possibility. But....you don't start digging into that unless you think you *might* need it. And you don't think you might need it unless you dun goofed. Bigly.

I honestly can't imagine what the popular and Congressional reactions would be if Trump Jr. and/or Kushner was found guilty of collusion with a foreign power, and then got pardoned by Trump.

I absolutely can imagine the reaction if Trump himself was convicted of whatever and pardoned himself. It's called "armed mobs marching on DC, encountering other armed loyalist mobs".

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 3568