Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 3572

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4267084 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #7815 on: June 14, 2017, 09:39:04 am »

oh shit son somoene finally shot at a republican.

race war now?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: June 14, 2017, 09:45:57 am »

Reichstag Fire in progress?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: June 14, 2017, 09:53:35 am »

I'm not convinced those were actual Congressmen. Maybe crisis actors?

/s

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: June 14, 2017, 10:03:11 am »

I mean, it was at a bipartisan event. Shooter was a 66 year old white dude.
it was at the republican practice though. bad luck for the shooter: if scalise hadn't been there it would've just been unarmed congressmen and staffers.

also: whoever said that one of the congressmen should've been carrying a gun, have you ever seen a ccw holster under a jersey? disgusting.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: June 14, 2017, 10:13:56 am »

Thoughts and prayers, yadda yadda. Also, too soon to politicize a tragic event, right?

Anybody know if gunshot wounds are considered a pre-existing condition?

EDIT: Trump says gunman has died from his injuries. LET THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES COMMENCE!
Double Edit: Shooter identified as James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, IL.
TMZ already found the dude's Facebook, and apparently he was a hardcore Bernie guy, anti-Hillary and avowedly anti-Trump.

Between this mook and the one in Portland -- how the fuck do you get "go kill people" out of what Sanders is saying?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:45:47 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: June 14, 2017, 10:44:39 am »

it was at the republican practice though. bad luck for the shooter: if scalise hadn't been there it would've just been unarmed congressmen and staffers.

also: whoever said that one of the congressmen should've been carrying a gun, have you ever seen a ccw holster under a jersey? disgusting.

Wait, Scalise was an unarmed Congressman no?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: June 14, 2017, 10:47:07 am »

EDIT: Trump says gunman has died from his injuries. LET THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES COMMENCE!

I saw, but I wouldn't take Trumps word for it (see what I did there?).

And yes, let the conspiracy theories commence....

Also, from Vox's liveblog (sorta a liveblog) on it:
"Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC), who left the practice early, said in a Facebook post that he saw the shooter before the attack and plans to give a statement to police. (It’s not clear if Duncan is correct that the man he spoke to was the shooter; the way that Duncan described him according to RealClearNews’s Rebecca Berg doesn’t match up with the eyewitness description of the shooter provided by Flake.)"

We'll definetly be learning more as the hours go by though.

Yes, he was.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: June 14, 2017, 10:52:40 am »

Yeah, but he had an armed security detail who took down the shooter, which is presumably what Playergamer is referring to.

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7823 on: June 14, 2017, 11:24:28 am »

Inb4 Republicans start arguing for gun control.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: June 14, 2017, 11:27:01 am »

Hmmm...

Now the real problem here is that this may help distract from the senate republicans attempting to cram an AHCA vote through without anyone noticing, so if you have a democratic senator, call and tell them to withhold consent rather than give McConnel ANOTHER easy win to fuck everyone over with: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/13/senate-democrats-save-obamacare-239493

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: June 14, 2017, 11:48:06 am »

The shooter has died in hospital to police bullets. He has been identified as 66 year old James Hodgkinson, known as a fervent campaigner for Bernie Sanders.
On his website, he wrote: "Trump is a traitor. He has destroyed our democracy. It is time to eradicate Trump & co"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7826 on: June 14, 2017, 11:51:41 am »

It turns out that the real problem in the United States is old white men.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: June 14, 2017, 12:06:20 pm »

I'm trying to find more information about what the Senate is trying to do to get the repeal bill through without having to go through the Dems, and I just don't understand the process they're supposedly using. "Reconciliation" is the word I hear in this context, but I don't get how it applies here. Can someone please explain it?

The House passed their version of the repeal bill, which then went to the Senate. That bill seems like it wouldn't qualify for reconciliation, since it covers more than just the budget. It doesn't really matter anyway, since the Senate is expected to rewrite most of the bill, which then means it has to go back to the House for re-approval, right? Or to a committee and then back to each chamber, or something like that?

I guess I just don't see how Republicans expect to get this thing passed. If it's exclusively budgetary, meaning that it can be passed with a simple majority in the Senate with no opportunity for a filibuster, then the first version of the AHCA should be a pretty convincing argument that the House will never approve it. Anything closer to the most recent version can be filibustered, which the Senate Republicans obviously see as a threat. Am I misunderstanding?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: June 14, 2017, 12:17:14 pm »

The shooter has died in hospital to police bullets. He has been identified as 66 year old James Hodgkinson, known as a fervent campaigner for Bernie Sanders.
On his website, he wrote: "Trump is a traitor. He has destroyed our democracy. It is time to eradicate Trump & co"

Phrasing...

To clarify the police bullets were administered at the scene of the crime, not in the hospital.

While it's dumb violence, it's completely expected given the current tone in politics. Pushed both by the politicians and the media. Enforced by the system that makes people feel they don't have a real voice and happily encouraged by the moneyed interests that hold the reigns of the whole thing, no matter who votes them in.

We'll have a few days of "reconciliation" but this will just be another page to add to the script book in order for one side or another to pull out in order to push their agenda. Nobody will learn anything and we'll continue having these events.

It's not even as if it's anything rare in history. People have been shooting politicians in the US at least since Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton. Probably earlier but that's a famous one and earliest I can easily find.

This is part of US culture. It likely won't change anytime soon.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: June 14, 2017, 12:27:01 pm »

I'm not convinced those were actual Congressmen. Maybe crisis actors?

/s

I'm not talking about fake congressmen and such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire
Quote from: Wikipedia article about Reichstag fire
The Reichstag fire (German: Reichstagsbrandwas an arson attack on the Reichstag building (home of the German parliament) in Berlin on 27 February 1933, just one month after Adolf Hitler had been sworn in as Chancellor of Germany. The Nazis stated that Marinus van der Lubbe, a young Dutch council communist, had been caught at the scene of the fire, and he was arrested for the crime. Van der Lubbe was an unemployed bricklayer who had recently arrived in Germany. The Nazis stated that van der Lubbe had declared that he had started the fire. Van der Lubbe was tried and sentenced to death. The fire was used as evidence by the Nazi Party that communists were plotting against the German government. The event is seen as pivotal in the establishment of Nazi Germany.

Good thing history doesn't repeat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 3572