Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4151149 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Geographically, sure, but we're talking within the same country here, not between countries which speak entirely different languages. Considering that most of the states' rights arguments are the idea that should a state reflect an ideology that a person disagrees with that they can just move (an argument I've had on these forums, even), it doesn't reflect reality.

Ability for people to move and the likelihood of them moving are very different things. A bus ticket from any side of the country to any other is well within "tax return" levels of price.

Yeah, 'freedom of movement' just means being able to go where you want (disabilities nonwithstanding........................................... and sucky public transportation systems) within reason. There is no law or anything stopping you from moving house from Alaska to Hawaii or California to New York, or even driving cross country.

Also, there are states bigger than some countries. I think you can fit France in Texas, or maybe it's the other way around.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:23:38 pm by smjjames »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Trumpcare gets a vote, finally. Thursday baby, mark your calendars. Oh, wait...

Well, it's going to be a nailbiter folks. The GOP thinks they have the votes, but it's a razor-thin margin. Hospitals, doctors, patients advocates, all are lining up against the bill, and protesters continue to protest. If this fails, Obamacare will finally be approved by the one branch of government most dedicated to destroying it: the Republican House. There ain't no guarantee it passes the Senate, mind, and the Senate is essentially going to renegotiate it, and THEN the Senate AND the House have to agree with the new bill, so it's a rough time to be them.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

"Get rid of Obamacare!"

A theatrical piece brought to you by those on Obamacare
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Get rid of Obamacare!"

A theatrical piece brought to you by those on Obamacare

Act 1: Some people want to cause themselves and untold millions of people financial, political, and potentially actual harm.
Act 2: Said people become able to caused aforementioned harm by promising to cause it.
Act 3: Said people realize that causing harm to themselves and lots of people will cause harm to themselves and lots of people (and potentially end their career)
Act 4: Said people panic.
Act 5: [In progress]
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Proposed, or in-ratification-process-indefinitely?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Has Trump been impeached for violations of the emoluments clause yet?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

No.

Did he do something again?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes. Just the other week. The guy in the white house isn't the real Trump, that's robot replacement Trump.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Proposed, or in-ratification-process-indefinitely?

Only 4 of those indefinite amendments exist now. A boring, useless child labor amendment. A congresional apportionment amendment that would increase the number of representatives from 435 up to close to 7000. A amendment to strip citizenship from people who gain foreign titles of nobility. And a pre-civil war amendment that was intended to protect slavery within slave states but was worded in such a way that it might actually be an interesting legal question of what would happen if passed today, known as the corwin amendment.

Of those 4 only the apportionment amendment and the corwin amendment would even do anything notable. But both are fairly unpopular for obvious reasons.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, there are states bigger than some countries. I think you can fit France in Texas, or maybe it's the other way around.

California: 423,999 km²
France: 643,801 km²
Texas: 695,673 km²

(Copying just part of this page...

I enjoyed doing that. Most of it not relevant, and had to stop myself doing GDPs, but it was both fun and educational. Hurrah!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

France is just one that I picked off the top of my head for no particular reason, but yes, my point is that even at a state level, the logistics are already pretty challenging, let alone nationwide.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

where is my nuclear holocaust

i voted for a nuclear holocaust not this politics bullshit.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In case you weren't convinced Republicans right now are literal scum of the earth, comic-book-villain-tier assholes.

In addition to rape, postpartum depression, Cesarean sections, and surviving domestic violence are all considered preexisting conditions. Companies can also deny coverage for gynecological services and mammograms.

This is beyond words.

What? That makes absolutely no sense, biological or otherwise.

The whole 'denial by pre-exising condition' doesn't make sense either because those born with some genetic disorder or risk for cancer or whatever would have to not exist in order to not have pre-existing condition.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excluding people for pre-existing conditions is the dumbest idea ever and I am glad that it is strictly forbidden here in the Netherlands.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

republican here.

the fuck america.

i mean, i'm against obamacare for various reasons (namely; it costs me a shitload) but this pre-existing conditions shit is just dumb.

insurance companies realized that they could get away with this ridiculous robbery, and nobody's tried to stop them. seriously, at this point insurance companies count breaking your nose as a kid as a pre-existing condition.

can we just overthrow the government now. this is ridiculous.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 3563